Windows 10: General Scanner problems, troubleshooting tips and solutions

Discus and support General Scanner problems, troubleshooting tips and solutions in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Nothing is worse than completing a project before time but submitting it late due to ‘Slow Scan or Print’ problem. Similarly, other issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 20, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

General Scanner problems, troubleshooting tips and solutions

WinClub, Dec 20, 2018

2. Problem with installing scanner

Hi Saro,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing with the issue. We are glad to help you.

Please try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “troubleshoot scanner” under Devices option.

• Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:

Un-install and re-install latest scanner drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the scanner drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Dec 20, 2018
  4. General Scanner problems, troubleshooting tips and solutions

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

General Scanner problems, troubleshooting tips and solutions

1. General Scanner problems, troubleshooting tips and solutions - Similar Threads - General Scanner problems

2. problem general

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem general: my laptop stuck all the time when it comes to opening pdf/word/on key files with a white screen +how do call off the updates when he restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-general/116c0bd1-dce4-4964-b046-8e502f0bba97
  3. problem general

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem general: my laptop stuck all the time when it comes to opening pdf/word/on key files with a white screen +how do call off the updates when he restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-general/116c0bd1-dce4-4964-b046-8e502f0bba97
  4. problem general

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Solution: Troubleshooting Multiple Displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solution: Troubleshooting Multiple Displays: I had an issue where Windows 10 suddenly lost my second monitor and could not detect it. My primary display was rendered by my graphics card, and the second display, which I lost, was rendered by my CPU Intel i9. Here are the things I tried that DID NOT work:Hitting "Detect"...
  6. Tips/Solutions For Common Windows 10 Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tips/Solutions For Common Windows 10 Issues: Microsoft is thinking about the year 2050 already, while we're still struggling with 2021. This all sounds good of course, but the problem is our current devices aren't yet ready for 2050. I believe most of the issues plaguing Windows 10 boil down to the OS' attempts to be...
  7. General problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    General problem: I have hp pavilion laptop. It takes nearly 2 minutes to start after shutdown and if I try to open any app such as chrome it does not open quickly. Please tell the solution of this problem. Also sometimes battery icon is not displayed in my taskbar....
  8. Windows GUI in general is slow, any tips improving this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows GUI in general is slow, any tips improving this?: I have noticed that the rendering of the Windows 10 GUI in general is slow compared to Windows 7 (same video card, 4K monitor using 150% scaling on both). You notice the interface being "painted" in most situations (nothing so drastic as to prevent use, but noticeable). As...
  9. General Troubleshooting Advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    General Troubleshooting Advice: I've got a desktop PC (Athlon 32bit, 2G Ram) that no matter the OS (I've tried 7SP3, 8.1U1 as well as 10TP) the machine will run for an indefinite amount of time if in BIOS, or in the event of having booted from DVD (ie, Paragon, Hirens, even 10ISO) but as SOON as you boot to...
  10. intermittent, periodic, recurring FREEZE TIP & SOLUTION

in Windows 10 Support
    intermittent, periodic, recurring FREEZE TIP & SOLUTION: this is actually a SOLUTION, not a problem - *Smile - sorry if it is not in the right place, just wanna share... *Shock one of our pc's with win10 pro had the above, i.e. intermittent, periodic and recurring freezes. it stopped as soon as we disabled ALL power saving...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Scanner Troublehooting device not migrated