Windows 10: General server (security) question

Discus and support General server (security) question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is not a specific Win10 subject, but I do trust this group to provide quick and clear answers. I'm running Win10/Pro, Ver 1909. Beginning this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Electrojim, Nov 1, 2020.

1. General server (security) question

This is not a specific Win10 subject, but I do trust this group to provide quick and clear answers. I'm running Win10/Pro, Ver 1909.

Beginning this morning, I get this message popping-up on my screen every 5 to 10 minutes.

General server (security) question [​IMG]

Not sure where it's coming from, or for that matter what it pertains to. Never saw it before today; I click 'No' each time to remove it, but it continues to reappear after a period. All system apps, email, etc. seem to function normally.

Anyone know what this is? Many thanks.

UPDATE:

I think I've found it. This may well involve email and, in particular, my work account that's polled for new mail every 5 minutes. That account gives trouble occasionally, though this is the first time I have seen a scary message. Probably in keeping with Halloween.

:)

Electrojim, Nov 1, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Nov 1, 2020
  3. General Question on network traffic from Microsoft Servers:

Hi Ron,

I realize that you have a general question on network traffic. I will try to help you with this issue.

• When you say that “my machine was receiving data from multiple microsoft servers”, How did you find that out?

Please post a screen shot of that window in your reply. Take a screen shot of that window, paste in paint and save it on the desktop. On the Microsoft Community website when you click reply you will see the option “Add Image” at the top most
    part of the reply window. Click on Add Image, browse to the desktop, select the picture and upload it.

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 1, 2020
  4. General server (security) question

The security account manager (SAM) or local security authority (LSA) server was in the wrong state to perform the security operation.

Hi Dinny,

Error "The security account manager (SAM) or local security authority (LSA) server was in the wrong state to perform the security operation" may occur due to a system file corruption. For us to properly
    assist you, provide more information by answering these questions:

• May we know what prompted you to install UC browser?
    • Are you using a local or Microsoft account to sign in on your computer?
    • Aside from using Malwarebytes Adwcleaner, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

General server (security) question

1. General server (security) question - Similar Threads - General server security

2. general question

in Windows 10 Support
    general question: ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz Installed RAM8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable) Device ID2A19870F-A938-4F6A-A546-98CBA23F63BA Product ID00330-80000-00000-AA420 System type64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touchNo pen or touch input is...
  3. General Questions (on-going)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    General Questions (on-going): **If this is not the right forum section, please move this topic to the appropriate section**. i recently learned about the difference of GPT (GUID Partition Table) vs MBR (Master Boot Record). Through EaseUS, I saw that my D: drive was actually MBR. My brother had helped...
  4. General Question

in Windows 10 Support
    General Question: I just had a general question about a setup that I have done. I built my PC and I have an M.2SSD which the os and programs are installed on. From there, I have two SSD drives which I put all the recent jobs that Im working on. From there, I have a dedicated scratch SSD that...
  5. General question

in Windows 10 Support
    General question: I'm trying to help a friend. Ever since he installed the newest Windows 10 updates all of his non-window icons have disappeared. The exe file for his antivirus is not visible (although it says it's properly installed). Something as simply as a yahoo mail app can't be found....
  6. General question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    General question: I realize this doesn't pertain directly to Microsoft. I just trying to seek an answer. This morning I opened my computer and I haven't opened a browser. This popup was on my screen. It reads: Security Alert. Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is...
  7. Macrium general questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium general questions: I've been using Macrium free for quite some time and in general it has worked well for me. However, I have been unable to intsall the 1803 update so I decided to make an image of my production system and restore that image to a spare SSD. The image creation was successful...
  8. General Cortana questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    General Cortana questions: I didn't want to muddy the Software subforum with this as it's not a problem, just a few inquires. I want to be able to tell Cortana to just chat for a while and not to search everything by opening a browser window. Is this possible? When Cortana does search, can I tell...
  9. General Question

in Windows 10 Support
    General Question: Guys, I know this is not really about Windows10. However I trust your opinion in matters of tech! So, what I want to know is about my Phone. It has an internal only battery, so I can't remove it. Does this mean that it can always be Tracked?? (Like in he movies).*Sad 82232
  10. General UEFI Question

in Windows 10 Support
    General UEFI Question: UEFI is a real pain in my butt. I've done extensive reading. I understand (I think) secure boot. I've successfully made a UEFI boot usb windows install disk. I know how to get to access UEFI interface through Windows 8/8.1/10. What I can't find an answer to is how to get to...