Windows 10: General Sluggishness on New Laptop

Discus and support General Sluggishness on New Laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Okay so a little background, I've had multiple windows laptops in the past couple years, and I've had the SAME problem among all of them that I use. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Redicebergz, Oct 17, 2018.

1. General Sluggishness on New Laptop

Okay so a little background, I've had multiple windows laptops in the past couple years, and I've had the SAME problem among all of them that I use. I also have a desktop with Windows 10 on it that does not show these symptoms.

The main couple of things I notice that shows this sluggishness is first the task switching via ALT + TAB. When I first restart the laptop (now I recently bought an Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762 and am currently using it) or when I restart explorer.exe in task manager, everything is fine and great and the alt tabbing works super quick. As time goes on however, it just gets progressively slower and I can feel it.

Also, a couple of programs are just noticeably slow always, such as Discord, where the scrolling is just really laggy and hard to navigate, and often times chrome.

My two things I think may be the problem is the ram (I have 16gb and it never goes above 8 so like I'm not sure why that would cause any issues, I've removed 1 stick and tried just 8gb and got the same result) as well as using a different ISO of windows. Sometimes in the past reinstalling a new ISO of windows would help but EVENTUALLY it would go back to how it is acting right now.

It has been plaguing me for years and I can't figure out why. It has to be a software issue. Any ideas?

:)

Redicebergz, Oct 17, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Oct 17, 2018
  4. General Sluggishness on New Laptop

Windows 10 Upgrades are making my laptop sluggish

I have noticed over the last three Windows 10 upgrades that my 1 year old laptop is getting more and more "sluggish". I regularly keep my browser history cleaned out. I use Chrome which I still find far superior to the Windows browser. I just want my
    laptop to run as efficiently as it did when it was brand new. The upgrades seem to be having an effect on that. I am open to suggestions.

Thank You,

Rory Bowers

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

RoryBowers, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

General Sluggishness on New Laptop

1. General Sluggishness on New Laptop - Similar Threads - General Sluggishness Laptop

2. Windows 11 General Sluggishness/Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 General Sluggishness/Crashes: My Windows 11 PC has recently started to exhibit strange behaviour across a wide range of applications. My primary use for the pc is photo editing with Lightroom and Photoshop CC with the Cloud Subscription. I am getting frequent crashes and sluggishness of applications and...
  3. Windows 11 General Sluggishness/Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 General Sluggishness/Crashes: My Windows 11 PC has recently started to exhibit strange behaviour across a wide range of applications. My primary use for the pc is photo editing with Lightroom and Photoshop CC with the Cloud Subscription. I am getting frequent crashes and sluggishness of applications and...
  4. slow and sluggish laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow and sluggish laptop: I have Lenovo Legion 5 intel i710th gen laptop with 240hrz refresh rate and 2060 GTX graphic card 16gb ram but some how My laptop is reallyy very sluggish and slow I donot get good frames neither do I get good fps on low graphic games its really frustrating and sad help me...
  5. slow and sluggish laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow and sluggish laptop: I have Lenovo Legion 5 intel i710th gen laptop with 240hrz refresh rate and 2060 GTX graphic card 16gb ram but some how My laptop is reallyy very sluggish and slow I donot get good frames neither do I get good fps on low graphic games its really frustrating and sad help me...
  6. Sluggish laptop -- any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish laptop -- any suggestions?: I have a year-old HP Spectre x360 laptop, 15-ch0xx. It has an Intel i7-8705g 3.10GHz CPU and 16GB RAM. Win10 Version 1903, build 18362.418. So it's a reasonably capable system -- and yet it is often/usually very sluggish. Hit the Windows key and it sometimes takes 5 seconds...
  7. What caused such sluggish behavior on a new PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What caused such sluggish behavior on a new PC?: Hi, I have just built a workstation using the latest top of the line components (e.g. Intel 9900K, G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14, Samsung 970 Evo SSD). Usually the first thing I do after turning on the machine each morning is to manually update Windows. However, within 2-3...
  8. my laptop is sluggish

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my laptop is sluggish: I wondered if there are download file that can be removed when after updating files from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-sluggish/7c04727b-069a-4f07-a64a-0f0349985387"
  9. General sluggishness on i5-4200U processor (laptop, windows 10)

General sluggishness on i5-4200U processor (laptop, windows 10): Basically I heaved out this laptop from 2013 that had been sitting in my closet for a few years, freshly installed a new Windows 10 on it, threw an SSD in it as well as upgraded it to 12 gb of ram, all this with the support of a generally decent 4th generation i5 processor....
  10. Sluggish laptop since a couple of days

Sluggish laptop since a couple of days: In a matter of weeks, both my laptops have become slow. First, my Z20t that became completely unworkable and had to reinstall it. And now my X220T is experiencing similar problems. Not as bad as the Z20t (I'm sure it helps that it has an i5 instead of an m5 CPU), but I can...