Windows 10: General Windows Problems

Discus and support General Windows Problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I often come to this site for help and invariably find a lot of other people have the same problems. Not surprising since we are using the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mike_4321, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Mike_4321 Win User

General Windows Problems

I often come to this site for help and invariably find a lot of other people have the same problems. Not surprising since we are using the same systems with similar computers etc. In fact, often there are so many people with the same problem that it can be contained within several threads making it difficult to see the whole picture. My thought is, when a common problem is being flagged by the community, why can Microsoft not create a "News" page acknowledging it is a software issue, some suggestions as to how it can be fixed and a commentary along the lines of "we are working on it and hope to repair with a patch in the future". Then keep it up to date so we know it has not been forgotten - something like "we know this is still an outstanding issue but we are working on a fix and hope to resolve this soon." It would be extremely helpful if the page could be created as soon as the problem is identified and I suspect the first people to have the issue would be employees of Microsoft! No one likes to advertise that their latest product has flaws but Microsoft would gain so much respect if they flagged these gliches as soon as they were aware of them and not wait for their customers to get frustrated and spend a lot of time trying to find threads on the subject.

:)

Mike_4321, Aug 12, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 12, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

General Windows Problems

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

General Windows Problems

1. General Windows Problems - Similar Threads - General Problems

2. Attempts to Restore Windows 10 have created a host of problems. Downloading generally,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempts to Restore Windows 10 have created a host of problems. Downloading generally,...: My HP Laptop suffered a sudden and complete crash a few days ago. Black Screen made any attempt to access Windows, Safe Mode or otherwise impossible and with it any restore point. Managed to do a recover via an HP recovery route and got some semblence of Windows back....
  3. Attempts to Restore Windows 10 have created a host of problems. Downloading generally,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempts to Restore Windows 10 have created a host of problems. Downloading generally,...: My HP Laptop suffered a sudden and complete crash a few days ago. Black Screen made any attempt to access Windows, Safe Mode or otherwise impossible and with it any restore point. Managed to do a recover via an HP recovery route and got some semblence of Windows back....
  4. Attempts to Restore Windows 10 have created a host of problems. Downloading generally,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. problem general

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem general: my laptop stuck all the time when it comes to opening pdf/word/on key files with a white screen +how do call off the updates when he restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-general/116c0bd1-dce4-4964-b046-8e502f0bba97
  6. problem general

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem general: my laptop stuck all the time when it comes to opening pdf/word/on key files with a white screen +how do call off the updates when he restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-general/116c0bd1-dce4-4964-b046-8e502f0bba97
  7. problem general

8. General stability problems, exception code violation 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    General stability problems, exception code violation 0xc0000005: I am having issues with Windows 11 in general. I built a new machine that was running windows 10, and pretty much everything in Win 11 is less stable when running the same software. The most common crash is a CTD that generates an exception code 0xc0000005. The source will be...
  9. General stability problems, exception code violation 0xc0000005

General stability problems, exception code violation 0xc0000005: I am having issues with Windows 11 in general. I built a new machine that was running windows 10, and pretty much everything in Win 11 is less stable when running the same software. The most common crash is a CTD that generates an exception code 0xc0000005. The source will be...
  10. General update and virus problem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    General update and virus problem.: "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later" This is the message i always receive when i try to open windows update.Now most of my folders are not showing name and the sytem is terribly slow....