Windows 10: Generation 10 Kindle ereader not recognized

Discus and support Generation 10 Kindle ereader not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm attempting to copy ebooks from my desktop to my new generation 10 kindle; however, I am unable to get Win 10 to recognize the reader when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ralphjab, Feb 23, 2019.

1. ralphjab Win User

Generation 10 Kindle ereader not recognized

Hello,

I'm attempting to copy ebooks from my desktop to my new generation 10 kindle; however, I am unable to get Win 10 to recognize the reader when connected with a USB cable. Suggestions on how I can overcome this problem?

:)

ralphjab, Feb 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 suddenly won't recognize my ereaders.

I've had Windows 10 for some months and had no problems with the ereaders. I went out of town for a week, came home and started up the computer. The next day, plugged in an ereader to sideload, and the computer will not recognize it. I tried my Kindle Voyage,
    Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HDX, Nook Glo and Nook HD+. Only the HD+ is seen by the computer. So 5 devices, by different manufacturers, suddenly are not seen by my computer.

Ok, so a search of the internet, I tried everything mentioned. There is NOTHING wrong with the 5 cords (OEM) or the USB sockets - I've tried every one, front and back of computer.

The last thing I tried that SEEMED to work was restarting the computer and resetting the devices (holding the power button down for 20 seconds, then restarting). I plugged them in and they seemed to work fine. Then, shut off the computer overnight, started
    it up in the morning and none of them worked again. Clearly, the problem is something with the computer, not the cords, devices or USB slots. I've also tried adding a device, and computer does not see it. When I look in Device Manager, it does not list
    EREADER or similar in the Portable Devices section. Any suggestions that I have not already tried, I would appreciate. I don't know if a recent update changed a setting, but again, it is clearly an issue with the computer and not the cords or ereaders or
    USB slots.

StephIsTuf, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Windows10doesnt recognize KOBO ereader

Has there been any update or new info with respect to Windows 10 recognizing a KOBO ereader.

Alandmoe123, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Oscnn Win User

[US]   Kindle $47.

Kindle 6" WiFi eReader w/ Special Offers for $47

Linky:

If you are in the market for a basic Kindle and have an Amazon Visa, the deal is pretty hot considering you can get the Kindle with Special Offers for $47.40 (reg. $79) and regular Kindle for $65.40 (reg. $109)

Oscnn, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Generation 10 Kindle ereader not recognized - Similar Threads - Generation Kindle ereader

2. collegamento ereader - link ereader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    collegamento ereader - link ereader: glli ereder non si collegano più con il pc- - - -From Italian: glo ereader no longer connect with the pc * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/collegamento-ereader-link-ereader/226764f8-a1ad-4031-8af1-0bba0ac128c2
  3. collegamento ereader - link ereader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    collegamento ereader - link ereader: glli ereder non si collegano più con il pc- - - -From Italian: glo ereader no longer connect with the pc * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/collegamento-ereader-link-ereader/226764f8-a1ad-4031-8af1-0bba0ac128c2
  4. Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader: I had no problems in windows 10 proWindows 11 pro does not recognize any Ereader!Somebody an solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-does-not-recognize-my-kobo-ereader/9afb4c31-9942-4de4-8f81-d3b6cc23c017
  5. Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader: I had no problems in windows 10 proWindows 11 pro does not recognize any Ereader!Somebody an solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-does-not-recognize-my-kobo-ereader/9afb4c31-9942-4de4-8f81-d3b6cc23c017
  6. Ereader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ereader: My Ereader is not being seen by windows 10 - June 2020. was okay before latest windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ereader/65aa0a6d-3ffe-44fd-b620-01a2a50aad06
  7. WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT RECOGNIZE NOOK EREADER WHEN PLUGGED IN BY USB

WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT RECOGNIZE NOOK EREADER WHEN PLUGGED IN BY USB: I need to update the software on my NOOK Glowlight Plus Ereader. The software is available by download over the internet from Barnes and Noble, and has to been updated in order to use the NOOK and purchase new things to read. However, when I plug my NOOK into the computer...
  8. Kindle Paperwhite not recognized by Windows 10

Kindle Paperwhite not recognized by Windows 10: There have been numerous threads here before on the topic, so it's a widespread problem. I've tried: Uninstalling / reinstalling the Kindle app Dinking with the power management settings Uninstalling USB controllers (hint: there are several; if you do them all you'll...
  9. Kindle not recognized.

Kindle not recognized.: Windows 10 home. Kindle 7th generation. When I plug my Kindle into my laptop it does not show up anywhere on my pc so I cannot add books to it manually. It is also not showing up anywhere in device manager so I cannot re-install the drivers. The Kindle itself only has...
  10. Windows10doesnt recognize KOBO ereader

Windows10doesnt recognize KOBO ereader: Has there been any update or new info with respect to Windows 10 recognizing a KOBO ereader. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10doesnt-recognize-kobo-ereader/dde200ad-5d94-4d47-bc00-23d21b00ca5e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ereader not decected windows