Windows 10: Generic audio driver detected

Discus and support Generic audio driver detected in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have windows 10 home and I was having some issues in playing audio through external devices such as headphones. So I ran troubleshooting process and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by namanag, Dec 31, 2019.

1. namanag Win User

Generic audio driver detected

I have windows 10 home and I was having some issues in playing audio through external devices such as headphones. So I ran troubleshooting process and I got the message "generic audio driver detected". Although now I don't have much problems in playing audio but every time I run the troubleshooting process I get the same message. There are minor issues like sometimes the audio comes after a delay of few seconds and sometimes when I start the windows, the "base" effect kicks in after a while. Apart from this my audio is working just fine but I am still getting the message. I tried searching about it on the internet but didn't get any solid answer. Should I be worried about this ?? I have attached the image of the result of troubleshooting

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Generic audio driver detected 0cdca817-e9a1-4a2b-94ff-da0e8699e589?upload=true.jpg

:)

namanag, Dec 31, 2019
  2. Fidel Win User

Generic Audio Driver Issue

I tried updating drivers, un and reinstall them didn't work. When I run the troubleshoot it says I have a GENERIC AUDIO DRIVER issue....anybody have any suggestions to how I can fix this?

Generic audio driver detected [​IMG]

Fidel, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Generic audio driver detected

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [2]

I just built a new rig with a ASRock X470 Taichi motherboard and Win 10 64bit 1903. I downloaded the driver from my motherboard's site (Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8668_UAD_WHQL_DTS) and then ran the powershell script to detect the driver type.

Since I couldn't get more than 1 output, I also tried the latest driver in the 1st post (HDA DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.8716.1).

No matter what is plugged in, I only have 1 playback/output device.

• I plug my speakers into rear panel = audio plays out the speakers and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel = audio plays out my headphones and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel and speakers into rear panel = audio plays out of front panel and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)

I used to be able to switch between front and rear when both were plugged in. Anyone have any suggestions?

monsterenergy22, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Generic audio driver detected

1. Generic audio driver detected - Similar Threads - Generic audio driver

2. Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot: I did a troubleshoot scan on my audio driver and i got the generic audio driver issue detected, so i went to my device manager and uninstalled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver-detected-in-troubleshoot/7c8dcf2e-08db-4e5f-9e3a-e4eefd0600a3
  3. Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot: I did a troubleshoot scan on my audio driver and i got the generic audio driver issue detected, so i went to my device manager and uninstalled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver-detected-in-troubleshoot/7c8dcf2e-08db-4e5f-9e3a-e4eefd0600a3
  4. Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Generic Audio driver detected and missing Windows Audio in services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic Audio driver detected and missing Windows Audio in services: Hello i'm writing this in hope to be able to fix this issue that i have. I used the troubleshooting tool because i was hearing some popping/crackling inside my headphones while listening to music; the troubleshooting pointed out as an issue the " generic audio driver detected...
  6. Generic Audio driver detected and missing Windows Audio in services

Generic Audio driver detected and missing Windows Audio in services: Hello i'm writing this in hope to be able to fix this issue that i have. I used the troubleshooting tool because i was hearing some popping/crackling inside my headphones while listening to music; the troubleshooting pointed out as an issue the " generic audio driver detected...
  7. Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot: I did a troubleshoot scan on my audio driver and i got the generic audio driver issue detected, so i went to my device manager and uninstalled and reinstalled those 2 drivers pictured belowand i got the same "generic audio driver" result problem when i ran another scan from...
  8. Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot

Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot: I did a troubleshoot scan on my audio driver and i got the generic audio driver issue detected, so i went to my device manager and uninstalled and reinstalled those 2 drivers pictured belowand i got the same "generic audio driver" result problem when i ran another scan from...
  9. Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Generic Audio Driver Detected in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Generic Audio Driver Detected in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Whether it’s in entertainment, gaming, or simple system notifications and processes; sounds are vital […] This article Generic Audio Driver Detected in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. generic audio driver issue detected

2. How To fixed generic audio driver detected