Windows 10: Generic audio driver VS Realtek driver

Discus and support Generic audio driver VS Realtek driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Windows 10, integrated audio chipset on Realtek ALC887 motherboard. Do you think there may be qualitative differences in sound output between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Duron, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Duron Win User

Generic audio driver VS Realtek driver

Hi

Windows 10, integrated audio chipset on Realtek ALC887 motherboard.

Do you think there may be qualitative differences in sound output between using generic Windows drivers compared to specific Realtek?
    At the time. With fresh installation windows, audio has been recognized and configured with generic drivers and works perfectly.

If there are no valid reasons to install the entire Realtek package, I would avoid it to install additional "no needed" software.

Thank you.

:)

Duron, Sep 11, 2017

2. CPU not running in full speed in Windows 10

Thanks for the input. Those drivers from Dell Website does not change intelppm.sys because this file is part of MICROSOFT Microcode. It is under Windows/Win32/Driver/intelppm.sys .

It is clearly not usual driver that you can download from any OEM website. I installed those Unnecessary Intel chipset drivers that won't effect problematic intelppm.sys file and still caused CPU run at 1 tread 0.38 Ghz maximum clock.

The only useful Intel driver is the GPU Intel Graphics driver that perform better just like Nvidia driver vs generic Microsoft or Linux driver. Realtek Audio driver also fix the lack of Bass from headphone by enabling the HD Audio Driver manually after
    Realtek driver is installed. By default it just use realtek audio instead of realtek HD audio from sound-setting in Windows.

Funny things, Ubuntu do not need any of them to work properly. Unfortunately some commercial software for my work like Material Studio and Origin Lab only works on Windows. Even Mac/Apple cannot run them in full speed without virtualization.

johnhamann, Sep 11, 2017
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Realtek HD Audio Manager High CPU Usage

- Were you able to update the BIOS after upgrading to Win10 ?

- ASUS don't seem to provide full Win10 driver support for this machine, and because they use a custom

Realtek audio - SonicMaster High Definition 7.1 Channel Audio - there may be issues if not using a driver

supplied by ASUS.

The Win 8.1 driver that came with the driver disk provided by ASUS for you machine may be a better option

than a generic driver from Realtek, or Windows updates.

- Another option, if you can find the motherboard model, is you may be able to download a Realtek driver for

that motherboard from ASUS that is specific for Win10.

- Or, if you are lucky, Windows updates may install a suitable driver when you reboot, after you uninstall the

current Realtek audio.

- If you continue having issues when using the original driver on the disk, or a generic driver from Windows updates

or Realtek, you may do better to go back to Win 8.1.

- If Realtek HD Audio Manager still shows high cpu use after you uninstall the Realtek audio driver, without

reinstalling a Realtek audio driver, then you may have a malware/virus disguising as Realtek.

BossDweeb, Sep 11, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there, @Duron. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

You will have more choices in sound setup with the Realtek interface for speaker configuration, room sounds, etc.

Realtek

Tony K, Sep 11, 2017
  5. reddice Win User
    Generic drivers sound better than that Realtek junk. However W10 won't leave you alone and will insist on installing the inferior Realtek driver. I got tired of these and got a Sound Blaster Z which blows away all on-board audio.

reddice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Generic audio driver VS Realtek driver - Similar Threads - Generic audio driver

2. Generic audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic audio driver: Hi, there, I’m having problem with my laptop. I have generic audio driver as one of my problem. I don’t how what cause it or have to fix the problem. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/c2b092a8-c72b-46af-91d6-4e92cb4d69a1
  3. Generic audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic audio driver: Hi, there, I’m having problem with my laptop. I have generic audio driver as one of my problem. I don’t how what cause it or have to fix the problem. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/c2b092a8-c72b-46af-91d6-4e92cb4d69a1
  4. generic audio driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    generic audio driver: generic audio driver hi my sound of laptop have problem and its error is generic audio driver .how to i can solv it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/f66988d3-39c7-4ceb-9394-8c790936d1b3
  5. OEM VS generic GPU driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OEM VS generic GPU driver: Hi, I wanna know something should i download the driver for my laptop's GPU from the laptop manufacturer's site or from the GPU manufacturer's site, like for example i have a Dell laptop with a Radeon GPU and an Intel GPU, so should i go to Dell's site and download the...
  6. How can a generic Realtek Audio driver support Dolby Audio?

How can a generic Realtek Audio driver support Dolby Audio?: My PC is Acer Predator Helios 300 (G3-572) and the manufacturer driver from 2017 includes Dolby Audio but it doesn't work in Windows 10, 1903. Updating through Device manager gives the driver from late 2018 and Dolby Audio works in it. Out of curiosity, I installed the...
  7. Generic Audio Driver

Generic Audio Driver: ive tried to uninstall my audio and reinstall drivers i have even factory reset my pc but every time i trouble shoot my sound it says problem found generic audio driver...
  8. generic audio driver

generic audio driver: how do i fix this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/73a3d74d-c8f7-4b7c-8527-d2ab9d45ba1f
  9. generic audio driver

generic audio driver: How do i fix the generic audio driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/1b754d9a-46e6-425b-9bf2-2178c8b33e71
  10. generic audio driver.

generic audio driver.: Hi I have problem with my windows 10 that i can not hear the sound form my tv when i connection my laptop with my tv. ant the troubleshoot sound problem tell me that i have a problem is it generic audio driver. I updated Windows and checked all the updates as you cleared...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek audio driver vs winows 8.1

2. what is the difference between generic windows audio driver and realtek

3. realtek drivers vs windows generic drivers

4. sound realtek driver or windows generic driver better,
  5. use generic driver instead of realtek,
  6. realtek generic audio driver,
  7. generic vs realtek drivers