Windows 10: Generic Bluetooth device - use Windows default driver

Discus and support Generic Bluetooth device - use Windows default driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My device does not have proper Windows 10 driver. However Windows generic drivers works just fine. The only problem is that every time I reboot my PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sérgio HenriqueMarchiori, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Generic Bluetooth device - use Windows default driver

My device does not have proper Windows 10 driver. However Windows generic drivers works just fine. The only problem is that every time I reboot my PC, I have to manually select the generic driver using Device Manager. I wonder if there's a way to use this driver by default...

Thanks.

:)

Sérgio HenriqueMarchiori, Sep 6, 2018

2. Windows Generic Bluetooth Adapter

Try the following. I had the same issue. However each time I update my computer with a new insider update I have to repeat these steps.

• In the search type" Device manager" and open it.
    • Click on the smal arrow next to either "Bluetooth" or "Universal Serial Bus controllers"
    • Right click on "CSR" and select Update Driver
    • Select" Browse my computer for driver update"
    • Select on bottom :Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my Computer"
    • Select "Generic bluetooth Driver"
    This will fix it and you will be able to use your Bluetooth now with no other problems.

Johan van Mierlo, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Windows Generic Bluetooth Adapter

Hi,

It seems that the issue occurs after the Windows Update, we suggest that you download and run the

Windows Update Troubleshooter

If the issue persists, you can follow these steps to reinstall the Windows Generic Bluetooth Adapter.

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Look for the Windows Generic Bluetooth Adapter.
    • Right click, then select Uninstall.
    • Click

Generic Bluetooth device - use Windows default driver 4a7ee5b0-f801-4739-92e1-a4bb63816106.png
      to scan for hardware changes.

Let us know the outcome.

Marby Rey, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Generic Bluetooth device - use Windows default driver

Device driver for Bluetooth

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue could occur due to incompatible, outdated or corrupted device drivers. Let’s try to follow these methods below which can help us resolving this issue.

which can help us resolving this issue.

Method 1: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the Bluetooth drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your Bluetooth device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2: I would suggest you install the latest driver from
    Toshiba
    for Windows 10.

If there no drivers available for Windows 10,
    try installing it in compatibility mode.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs
    compatible with this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Generic Bluetooth device - use Windows default driver

1. Generic Bluetooth device - use Windows default driver - Similar Threads - Generic Bluetooth device

2. Generic bluetooth driver wont uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Generic bluetooth driver wont uninstall: i want to install my csr 4.0 drivers to the pc, but everytime i connect my csr 4.0 bluetooth adapter the generic bluetooth driver get auto installed even when the csr drivers are installed, is there a way for me to delete generic bluetooth adapter drivers completely from a...
  3. generic bluetooth driver for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    generic bluetooth driver for Windows 10: can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-bluetooth-driver-for-windows-10/7564a125-28c7-4bd4-8d7e-3db217679266
  4. Bluetooth Generic driver not found for ZEXMTE dongle

Bluetooth Generic driver not found for ZEXMTE dongle: I bought a CSR bluetooth dongle. Manufacturer ZEXMTE says it is plug and play and needs no driver from manufacturer. Windows 10 cannot find a driver for it when searching online. I have a similar one on my other computer and it uses the generic bluetooth driver and works...
  5. Generic Bluetooth Radio no drivers issue

Generic Bluetooth Radio no drivers issue: I bought a cheap Bluetooth 2.0 adapter to use on an old Windows 7 computer with a Windows Mobile 5 PDA in order to write apps for it, but I can't manage to get the adapter to work. I tried on Windows 7 and no drivers were found, on Windows 10 and the driver was installed, but...
  6. Missing generic bluetooth driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing generic bluetooth driver: Trying to use my USB Bluetooth adapter I’ve had for a while on my recently built pc. It’s a generic Bluetooth adapter from eBay, plug it in and it says ‘Unknown usb device (device descriptior request failed)’ in device manager I try to disable and update the driver and i...
  7. No Sound, Generic Bluetooth Stereo Generic Audio Driver Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound, Generic Bluetooth Stereo Generic Audio Driver Issue: The Device: Advertised as Universal. Capello Ci302 www.hellocapello.com -home stereo with fm, bluetooth, cd player, and aux, and remote control. pairs perfectly with Iphone and Samsung Android phone. requires Bluetooth 2.1 EDR Windows 10 home 1909 on Samsung...
  8. generic bluetooth driver

generic bluetooth driver: i need to install the genric bluetooth driver to my computer because update wont use my current csr driver just trying to find a safe download to put driver on my computer with windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 reinstall "Generic Bluetooth Radio" driver?

Windows 10 reinstall "Generic Bluetooth Radio" driver?: Hi, I've been having issues with bluetooth. I uninstalled the the Generic Bluetooth Radio driver from the bluetooth node of the device manager. When I scan for hardware changes, Windows does not detect that the driver is missing and does not reinstall it. What I need is a...
  10. Windows installs wrong driver for a generic Bluetooth Gamepad

Windows installs wrong driver for a generic Bluetooth Gamepad: I have decided to pair my generic 12 buttons android gampad with windows for a player 2 usage on some games , and like always windows show some love by installing a 15 buttons gamepad generic driver for it , now this would have been nice if only the last 3 buttons were...