Windows 10: Generic Bluetooth Dongle - Error Code 43 ;(

Discus and support Generic Bluetooth Dongle - Error Code 43 ;( in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought this super cheap generic bluetooth dongle. The reviews gave me the feeling it wouldn't work, but i thought how hard could it possibly be? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Double, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Double Win User

Generic Bluetooth Dongle - Error Code 43 ;(

I bought this super cheap generic bluetooth dongle. The reviews gave me the feeling it wouldn't work, but i thought how hard could it possibly be? The reviews were right, it doesn't want to work right out of the box, I get an error code 43, and I'm really not sure what to do. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the device and I get the same error. I think it's missing a specific driver but I'm not sure. It's an Excelvan (https://i.imgur.com/KXqxRerl.jpg), a brand you've probably never heard of (until now *Cool)

I have it plugged into a USB hub, it flashes red so i know its working... (cant see it here because of the flash)

Generic Bluetooth Dongle - Error Code 43 ;( [​IMG]

Device Manager...

right click, Properties...

Driver tab...

clicked Update driver...

My computers' specs are listed below, but it's basically an HP 64-bit laptop.

:)

Double, Apr 21, 2016

2. Cannot ActiveSync via Bluetooth

I am using a generic bluetooth dongle. I am uncertain of the bluetooth stack that I am using, please explain what that is. I have not updated the bluetooth software. This is a plug and play dongle and the Bluetooth Enumerator in WinXP is driving it.
    Should I invest in a name brand dongle?

Thank you for your input.

george_j_shagnasty, Apr 21, 2016
  3. Windows 10 1511 Build 10586.3 Bluetooth doesn't work

Hi,

Apologize for delay in response.

A Code 43 error is generated when Device Manager stops a hardware device because the hardware reported to Windows that it's having some kind of unspecified problem.

Did you install a device or make a change in Device Manager just before the Code 43 error appeared? If so, it's very possible that the change you made caused the Code 43 error.

Undo the change if you can, restart your PC, and then check again for the Code 43 error.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 21, 2016
  4. Generic Bluetooth Dongle - Error Code 43 ;(

hTconeM9user, Apr 22, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    If there is a return policy that goes with the purchase, return it for refund.
    Trust the review a bit more.

davidhk, Apr 22, 2016
  6. Double Win User
    I looked through this and some Amazon reviews (http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Blueto...uetooth+dongle) and am convinced it's a driver issue. The driver that Windows 10 had installed doesn't seem to be compatible with it. The Amazon reviews mention downloading some Toshiba bluetooth stack, even if your computer isn't Toshiba.

It was only 1$... not worth returning, but not a big deal. I just wanted to see if i could get it working.

Double, Apr 22, 2016
  7. You could try a Toshiba driver if it does not work then you can always uninstall it

8. davidhk Win User

When was the time you found something for 1$ and it worked in a computer ?
    *Biggrin

davidhk, Apr 22, 2016
  9. Double Win User
    Thanks for your help guys, I finally managed to get it working! Shutting down or restarting didn't seem to help any, but unplugging/replugging while awake caused the donger to come alive! Disabling and re-enabling in the Device Manager seems to do the exact same thing. Sounds great too, woo! This is a good day. *Party*Party*Party

Double, Apr 22, 2016
  10. Hi glad you got it finally working
    Mark this as solved so others who might have the same trouble will know what you did to solve it
    You too have a good day

11. davidhk Win User
    Congrats.
    You solved the problem by yourself.
    Good job.

That deserve a rep, always.

davidhk, Apr 22, 2016
  12. Anjum9694 Win User
    I came to this thread because I had the exact problem. But anyways if anyone is still unable to fix after trying everything above, here's what I did:

Go to services, look up Bluetooth Support Service and change its startup type to Automatic and restart your PC.

Hope I helped *Smile

Anjum9694, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Generic Bluetooth Dongle - Error Code 43 ;( - Similar Threads - Generic Bluetooth Dongle

2. How to fix generic Bluetooth adapter code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix generic Bluetooth adapter code 43: I have trouble connecting my Bluetooth headset. I saw in device manger that there was an error code 43, and in the information tab it says device usb/vid requires further installation....
  3. How to fix generic Bluetooth adapter code 43

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix generic Bluetooth adapter code 43: I have trouble connecting my Bluetooth headset. I saw in device manger that there was an error code 43, and in the information tab it says device usb/vid requires further installation....
  4. bluetooth generic adapter not working code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth generic adapter not working code 43: any fixes on how to fix the generic bluetooth adapter error code 43? cant seem to find a way to fix it. im on windows 11 everything is up to date and restarting the driver or uninstalling and reinstalling and that does nothing at all....
  5. bluetooth generic adapter not working code 43

bluetooth generic adapter not working code 43: any fixes on how to fix the generic bluetooth adapter error code 43? cant seem to find a way to fix it. im on windows 11 everything is up to date and restarting the driver or uninstalling and reinstalling and that does nothing at all....
  6. Bluetooth Driver Error Code 43 Qualcomm Atheros/Generic Bluetooth Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Driver Error Code 43 Qualcomm Atheros/Generic Bluetooth Driver: I am using Dell N4110, that came with Windows 7 and I updated it to Windows 10 with a completely clean install. Everything works except Bluetooth, according to Dell, the Bluetooth and WiFi are interconnected, however for me, the WiFi works but Bluetooth doesnt.I checked my...
  7. Bluetooth Driver Error Code 43 Qualcomm Atheros/Generic Bluetooth Driver

Bluetooth Driver Error Code 43 Qualcomm Atheros/Generic Bluetooth Driver: I am using Dell N4110, that came with Windows 7 and I updated it to Windows 10 with a completely clean install. Everything works except Bluetooth, according to Dell, the Bluetooth and WiFi are interconnected, however for me, the WiFi works but Bluetooth doesnt.I checked my...
  8. Bluetooth Driver Error Code 43 Qualcomm Atheros/Generic Bluetooth Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Bluetooth Error Code 43

Bluetooth Error Code 43: I have a bluetooth issue on my laptop I have the lenovo legion y530 windows 10 and i updated all my windows updates and bios is up to date I was trying to use my airpods but i couldnt connect to them cuz i dont have a bluetooth on and off button this is what my bluetooth menu...
  10. Bluetooth got error code 43

Bluetooth got error code 43: Hi guys. My laptop Bluetooth got error code 43.The driver is up to date.All services are on.I disabled and then enabled.I uninstalled the driver and installed it again.but still doesn't work. What do I do? 142765
Tags: