Windows 10: Generic Credentials - MS live (SSO_POP_Device): Unrecognized username & password listed,...

Discus and support Generic Credentials - MS live (SSO_POP_Device): Unrecognized username & password listed,... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all! It seems the more I learn the less I know about computers! I desperately need to learn what to look for in terms of viruses or hackers on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by More I learn-Less I Know, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Generic Credentials - MS live (SSO_POP_Device): Unrecognized username & password listed,...

Hi all! It seems the more I learn the less I know about computers! I desperately need to learn what to look for in terms of viruses or hackers on my computer, and do not want to install Norton, McAfee..not even the free Avast program as they have ALL failed me in the past. I have had to wipe my disk clean 3 times due to my ignorance and fear I may have to again. ** I have taken 2 basic computer courses and 1 C# programming course to try to educate myself however.....the more I learn, the less I feel I actually know, there is just SO much to learn! I was attempting to read files off of a micro SD card and ended up chasing lose ends for hours tonight. I could not get the card to read, the event viewer displayed an err stating "MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it". Naturally I searched the web, got confused and wound up reading something off topic which led me to my control panel - user accounts - credential manager.... here I found No Windows credentials listed however I saw under "Generic Credentials" a listing that read "SSO_POP_Device" (modified as of today) and under that was a user name I did not recognize along with a hidden password. Research returned info stating this to be associated with Windows live apps..... ok (insert sarcasm here, lol) Why the foreign username and hidden password though? Its not my windows username... have I been hacked? *** side note, I use my Google account across 5 devices and it is associated with my Xbox live, OneDrive, gmail etc. etc. etc. If my cell phone (which is always logged into my account) were to be compromised, would all my devices be as well? Being that I am logged into the same google account on everything I own? How can I tell? What do I look for? And..... what do I do about the generic credentials issue? All I want is to learn how to use my damn computer, not how to type, send an email, etc..... how to use it, what to do if something is wrong, how to protect my kiddos from downloading a seemingly harmless app only to discover a TROJAN a week later... you know, the basics, ha! Any input/feedback is GREATLY appreciated~

Thanks!

Em- The NEWBIE!

:)

More I learn-Less I Know, Jul 6, 2019

2. Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

Hi Alexa,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. Is the PC connected to any Domain Network?
    3. When you click on that unknown listing under Generic Credentials, do you get the remove option?

Windows Credential Manager basically allows you to store credentials, such as user names and passwords which you use to log on to websites.

Suggest you to refer to this article to know about
    Generic credentials
    on the Windows PC.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Generic Credentials - MS live (SSO_POP_Device): Unrecognized username & password listed,...

windows live mail 2012 password problem

Close your Mail App.

Type Credential in Windows Start Search box

Click on Credential Manager

Click on Windows Credential

Look under Other Items

You need to delete Credential Below related to mail. Most probably, it would be listed as SSO_POP_Device.

Restart your computer

E for Excel, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Generic Credentials - MS live (SSO_POP_Device): Unrecognized username & password listed,...

1. Generic Credentials - MS live (SSO_POP_Device): Unrecognized username & password listed,... - Similar Threads - Generic Credentials live

2. Lost sign in credentials, username and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost sign in credentials, username and password: Windows 10 sign in screen, asking for a new password and I don’t have the old one. I also do not have the username associated with my account.This was set up for me so as not to need login credentials. How to reestablish login credentials with my account?Windows 10New dell...
  3. Lost sign in credentials, username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost sign in credentials, username and password: Windows 10 sign in screen, asking for a new password and I don’t have the old one. I also do not have the username associated with my account.This was set up for me so as not to need login credentials. How to reestablish login credentials with my account?Windows 10New dell...
  4. Lost sign in credentials, username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. what it is network credentials username and password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what it is network credentials username and password?: hello please where I find my credentials in network my 2 computers....username and passord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-it-is-network-credentials-username-and/58b6a60a-3f5b-4c43-94f5-5bfedc20b9c0
  6. Is SSO_POP_DEVICE & virtualapp/didlogical supposed to store generic credentials persistently?

Is SSO_POP_DEVICE & virtualapp/didlogical supposed to store generic credentials persistently?: Any info on the above and windows 10 credential management would be helpful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ssopopdevice-virtualappdidlogical-supposed-to/367b25b2-5526-4195-8ed3-8ac77a46ed1c
  7. Generic credentials

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Generic credentials: Hi I would like to know what the following means : Microsoft_Paidconnectivity_WiFi_AccessToken Any help will be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-credentials/c73f7df1-1e1f-47f9-ab2f-a6d3c2771acd
  8. Unrecognised Username in Generic Credentials for SSO_POP_Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unrecognised Username in Generic Credentials for SSO_POP_Device: Whilst trying to resolve a different problem of Windows 10 Outlook 2010 suddenly repeatedly asking me to reenter my password for one of my POP3 email account, during which I found a suggested solution was to delete any Outlook related credentials, I discovered an unrecognised...
  9. Generic Credentials

Generic Credentials: Under Generic Credentials there are several Users w/Passwords that are not me. Are they suppose to be there ? or is someone on my laptop computer, When I remove them, they come right back....
  10. Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?: Checking the Windows (not Network) credentials, I found this listing - 1st line. Is this legit - or a problem? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-generic-credentials-unknown-listing-what/e10b8b91-133d-4af2-8e96-ef2d192cb87d"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sso_pop_device

2. sso pop device credential

3. sso_pop_device credential

4. sso_pop_device login,
  5. sso pop device 02jisen,
  6. windows generic credentials sso_pop_device,
  7. sso_pop_device not my username,
  8. SSO POP,
  9. should i remove windows generic credentials? SSO_POP,
  10. sso pop_device,
  11. sso pop device,