Windows 10: Generic Credentials

Discus and support Generic Credentials in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Under Generic Credentials there are several Users w/Passwords that are not me. Are they suppose to be there ? or is someone on my laptop computer,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EricAlabama, Oct 9, 2019 at 6:02 PM.

1. Generic Credentials

Under Generic Credentials there are several Users w/Passwords that are not me. Are they suppose to be there ? or is someone on my laptop computer, When I remove them, they come right back.

:)

EricAlabama, Oct 9, 2019 at 6:02 PM

2. Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

Hi Alexa,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. Is the PC connected to any Domain Network?
    3. When you click on that unknown listing under Generic Credentials, do you get the remove option?

Windows Credential Manager basically allows you to store credentials, such as user names and passwords which you use to log on to websites.

Suggest you to refer to this article to know about
    Generic credentials
    on the Windows PC.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

3. Generic Credentials

Hi,

Saving your login information in the Windows Credential Manager can be helpful as it saves time when logging in to websites or other computers on a network. To provide you the best steps in resolving your issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is your email domain?
    • Are you using Outlook app, Mail app, or Outlook.com to access your email?

Regards.

4. gshile Win User

Generic Credentials

Generic Credentials

I accidently deleted a generic credential in in the Windows side. Now I cannot send emails. Can I recover or create a new credential?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Thema:

Generic Credentials

1. Generic Credentials - Similar Threads - Generic Credentials

2. Devices and Printers Show Only Generic Icons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices and Printers Show Only Generic Icons: Accessing Devices and Printers in Control Panel does not show enhanced icons for my mouse and my printer at all. However, when refreshing the Devices and Printers window, each tiny clock stalls on some devices, meaning 'Device set up in progress'. This happens after...
  3. Why does Print to File (Generic / Text Only) have a paper size designation?

Why does Print to File (Generic / Text Only) have a paper size designation?: Why does Print to File (Generic / Text Only) have a paper size designation? I am printing to file and need this without page breaks or cut off's due to width constraints. Additionally, custom form sizes cannot be utilized here. Please fix this. This has been an issue...
  4. Generic PnP Monitor

Generic PnP Monitor: I am using a Microsoft Surface Book 2 with a Surface Dock connected to an Electriq 24' 4K HDR monitor via a mini DP to HDMI adapter. I cannot get anything on the monitor to appear. I can switch from extend, duplicate and display on monitor 2 and it does nothing, aside from...
  5. Can generic windows product keys activate windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can generic windows product keys activate windows?: My windows tablet has a generic windows key and it’s activated and linked to my microsoft account. Is if possible for a generic windows key to activate windows?...
  6. How do I get a generic gamepad Controller Logitech F710 to work in Xbox (beta) app with...

How do I get a generic gamepad Controller Logitech F710 to work in Xbox (beta) app with...: How do I get a generic gamepad Controller Logitech F710 to work in Xbox (beta) app with GamePass games on Windows 10? I think that question should cover it. I seem to be forced to use the keyboard for Gears Of War Ultimate and also for Wolfenstein II New Collussus...
  7. Generic Credentials - MS live (SSO_POP_Device): Unrecognized username & password listed,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Generic Credentials - MS live (SSO_POP_Device): Unrecognized username & password listed,...: Hi all! It seems the more I learn the less I know about computers! I desperately need to learn what to look for in terms of viruses or hackers on my computer, and do not want to install Norton, McAfee..not even the free Avast program as they have ALL failed me in the past. I...
  8. How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials?: Going to Credentials Manager, I am able to click "Show Password" and enter my password to view Web Credentials. However, under Windows Credentials tab > Generic Credentials there is no option to "Show Password". How can I view my passwords for these Generic Credentials?...
  9. What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be?: This thing is confusing me. [img] When I check my Windows Credential Manager I always see 02qqrmpycirm and a password that recreates by itself even when I remove it. I have no idea what 02qqrmpycirm is. But when I check my registry I find this....
  10. Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?: Checking the Windows (not Network) credentials, I found this listing - 1st line. Is this legit - or a problem? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-generic-credentials-unknown-listing-what/e10b8b91-133d-4af2-8e96-ef2d192cb87d"