Windows 10: Generic Credentials

Discus and support Generic Credentials in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Under Generic Credentials there are several Users w/Passwords that are not me. Are they suppose to be there ? or is someone on my laptop computer,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EricAlabama, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Generic Credentials

Under Generic Credentials there are several Users w/Passwords that are not me. Are they suppose to be there ? or is someone on my laptop computer, When I remove them, they come right back.

:)

EricAlabama, Oct 9, 2019

2. Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

Hi Alexa,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. Is the PC connected to any Domain Network?
    3. When you click on that unknown listing under Generic Credentials, do you get the remove option?

Windows Credential Manager basically allows you to store credentials, such as user names and passwords which you use to log on to websites.

Suggest you to refer to this article to know about
    Generic credentials
    on the Windows PC.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Generic Credentials

Hi,

Saving your login information in the Windows Credential Manager can be helpful as it saves time when logging in to websites or other computers on a network. To provide you the best steps in resolving your issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is your email domain?
    • Are you using Outlook app, Mail app, or Outlook.com to access your email?

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 9, 2019
  4. gshile Win User

Generic Credentials

Generic Credentials

I accidently deleted a generic credential in in the Windows side. Now I cannot send emails. Can I recover or create a new credential?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

gshile, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Generic Credentials

1. Generic Credentials - Similar Threads - Generic Credentials

2. When I create a generic credential, where would that be function? So to the Window credential

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I create a generic credential, where would that be function? So to the Window credential: I was trying to check my credential login with share folder and permission, Seem one user is not allow to create more that one network drive, by then the second network drive will follow the user who create the drive? I tried to add a new credential password on both generic...
  3. When I create a generic credential, where would that be function? So to the Window credential

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I create a generic credential, where would that be function? So to the Window credential: I was trying to check my credential login with share folder and permission, Seem one user is not allow to create more that one network drive, by then the second network drive will follow the user who create the drive? I tried to add a new credential password on both generic...
  4. When I create a generic credential, where would that be function? So to the Window credential

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there any GPO that can turn off caching of "generic credentials"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there any GPO that can turn off caching of "generic credentials": I find it ridiculous that MS has provided group policy to disable network and cert based creds, but NOT generic ones. It seems to be well documented on the internet that these "generic credentials" where O365 stores them, are the number one way 0365 accounts get compromised,...
  6. Is SSO_POP_DEVICE & virtualapp/didlogical supposed to store generic credentials persistently?

Is SSO_POP_DEVICE & virtualapp/didlogical supposed to store generic credentials persistently?: Any info on the above and windows 10 credential management would be helpful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ssopopdevice-virtualappdidlogical-supposed-to/367b25b2-5526-4195-8ed3-8ac77a46ed1c
  7. Generic credentials

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Generic credentials: Hi I would like to know what the following means : Microsoft_Paidconnectivity_WiFi_AccessToken Any help will be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-credentials/c73f7df1-1e1f-47f9-ab2f-a6d3c2771acd
  8. Unrecognised Username in Generic Credentials for SSO_POP_Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unrecognised Username in Generic Credentials for SSO_POP_Device: Whilst trying to resolve a different problem of Windows 10 Outlook 2010 suddenly repeatedly asking me to reenter my password for one of my POP3 email account, during which I found a suggested solution was to delete any Outlook related credentials, I discovered an unrecognised...
  9. Generic Credentials show Xbox Live, but I don't have Xbox...

Generic Credentials show Xbox Live, but I don't have Xbox...: I don't understand what the Generic Credentials are about exactly, and I see one here for Xbox live, modified as of yesterday supposedly. No username and the password is not visible all dots, with Persistence: logon Session? whatever that means. But I don't have an Xbox. Is...
  10. I have illegal Generics Credentials accounts installed in my Windows 10, Windows...

I have illegal Generics Credentials accounts installed in my Windows 10, Windows...: I have illegal Generics Credentials accounts installed in my Windows 10/Windows Credentials; I had removed them many times, but the reappear. How can delete them from my PC?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. generic credentials meaning in windows10