Windows 10: "Generic" Difference Between Samsung/ Toshiba 128GB SSD

Discus and support "Generic" Difference Between Samsung/ Toshiba 128GB SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm looking at this model as a 2nd backup moderately inexpensive notebook. I also have about a $100.00 credit at Best Buy which is factoring in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phaedruspress, Aug 13, 2018.

1. "Generic" Difference Between Samsung/ Toshiba 128GB SSD

I'm looking at this model as a 2nd backup moderately inexpensive notebook. I also have about a $100.00 credit at Best Buy which is factoring in my decision. Notebook will be used for very light browsing and downloading. Not worried about size of SSD. I am also aware that the display sucks the big one. Will not need more then the 8GB of RAM.My concern generally lies with the SSD. I am not expecting the best of the best but I believe there might be a difference between Toshiba and Samsung 128GB SSD's though without the model number I can not check. If I had to make an educated guess I would rather see if I can get a Samsung rather then a Toshiba. I asked the question on the notebooks page and this is what they said:

Lenovo - 330S-15IKB 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive - Platinum Gray Model: 81F5004EUS

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-...?skuId=6221786

QuestionQ:

Can you please provide the name of the manufacturer and the model number of the 128GB SSD? I realize that they might differ at times depending on availability but some information would help. Thank you. (1 Answer)By bestbuylasvegas 3 days ago

AnswersA: We use three different 128GB solid state drives within this model. This system may contain either a 128GB SSD made by: Samsung, Liteon or Toshiba. This model is not user upgradable. We recommend you check with your certified technician for the exact drive for a specific serial number.By Lenovo Product Expert 7 hours agoAny thoughts would be appreciated. TIA.

:)

phaedruspress, Aug 13, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Toshiba Delays the Dynabook SS RX1 128GB SSD Notebook

According to an announcement posted on Toshiba's Japanese Web site, the company has postponed the launch of its first notebook with a 128GB SSD, the Dynabook SS RX1. The notebook was originally scheduled for general availability in mid-April but will be delayed until June, according to Toshiba. Toshiba cited parts delays, but it's not clear whether the delays are SSD-related. The 128GB SSD-equipped Dynabook SS RX1 is expected to sell for about $4,000.

Source: CNET News

malware, Aug 13, 2018
  3. neoreif Win User
    Intel 330 (180GB) or Samsung 830 (128GB) ?

Just speaking based on my experience, been using the Samsung 830 128gb SSD for a week now and it is a big upgrade on performance relative from my old HDD.*Smile "Generic" Difference Between Samsung/ Toshiba 128GB SSD :) Before I upgraded, I was on a dilemma regarding what SSD to choose. I had the Samsung 830 128gb, the Crucial M4 128gb and the Intel 330 128gb to choose from. The review from tweaktown sold me on getting the Samsung 830 and the fact that Sandforce controlled SSD's often encounter firmware-related problems. I know it's going to be different for each and every user but as for me, the Samsung SSD's advertised performance really shows on real world PC usage!

Boot time from the press of the power button to desktop is 35seconds!*Rockout :rockout:

neoreif, Aug 13, 2018
  4. 3870x2 Win User

"Generic" Difference Between Samsung/ Toshiba 128GB SSD

Toshiba Delays the Dynabook SS RX1 128GB SSD Notebook

For those of you who dont know, the laptop isnt really all that spectacular. That 128GB SSD hard drive literally makes up for 40% of the entire laptops value, however unfortunately. This is not a hit against Toshiba, I respect their company, this is against the SSD drives market value vs cost to produce, which is a difference of probably 2000%(just an estimate). I would love to get an SSD to put my OS and most important games on, but not until prices are reduced below 1.3g for a 64GB.

3870x2, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

"Generic" Difference Between Samsung/ Toshiba 128GB SSD

1. "Generic" Difference Between Samsung/ Toshiba 128GB SSD - Similar Threads - Generic Difference Between

2. Difference between different partitions ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between different partitions ?: Need some answers. Please help.What is the difference between Physical and Logical partition in Windows ?Is it possible to create a Physical partition in laptops where the Windows is OEM installed , like HP laptops ?Why does the warranty void if a Physical partition created...
  3. Difference between different partitions ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference between different partitions ?: Need some answers. Please help.What is the difference between Physical and Logical partition in Windows ?Is it possible to create a Physical partition in laptops where the Windows is OEM installed , like HP laptops ?Why does the warranty void if a Physical partition created...
  4. Difference between

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Difference between: Is there a significant difference between the 14" Pavilion Laptop and the 14" Stream Laptop? Thanks. Sean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between/c649a7f5-03d2-4ee9-9dab-d71a780e228f
  5. 128gb M.2 SSD won’t initialise

128gb M.2 SSD won’t initialise: [IMG][IMG]Hi all, Just purchased a used Kingston 128gb M.2 SSD for my computer and when I have installed it and turned on the PC, in disk management it is showing as a 476.9GB disk where when you click properties is called “Intel Raid 0 Volume”. When i attempt to initialise...
  6. SSD improvement after Win 10 1809 update (128Gb Samsung 840 Pro ).

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD improvement after Win 10 1809 update (128Gb Samsung 840 Pro ).: I run a 2008(?) Compaq nc6320 Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5600 @ 1.83GHz with 2Gb DDR2 memory and until recently it was not updating from Win 10 (64 Bit) 1703 to 1809 but this weekend after a very long update process, it has finally updated fully to 1809 build 17763.475. First...
  7. SSD improvement after Win 10 1809 update (128Gb Samsung 840 Pro ).

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD improvement after Win 10 1809 update (128Gb Samsung 840 Pro ).: I run a 2008(?) Compaq nc6320 Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5600 @ 1.83GHz with 2Gb DDR2 memory and until recently it was not updating from Win 10 (64 Bit) 1703 to 1809 but this weekend after a very long update process, it has finally updated fully to 1809 build 17763.475. First...
  8. Upgrade SSD drive from 128Gb to 256Gb

Upgrade SSD drive from 128Gb to 256Gb: I have Windows 10 Home upgraded DEC 2018. This is a HP Omen 17" Laptop I inserted the memory chip into the gum stick slot. Upon turning On, verified that the Bios has seen the change and saved. Now, after, many pains, have restored Windows 10 (via HP Usb boot disk)....
  9. and Difference between

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    and Difference between: What is the difference between defender definition updates KB915597 and KB2267602? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/and-difference-between/090c74ba-f728-4424-ab7c-759bf9453aaf
  10. 128GB SSD big enough for Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    128GB SSD big enough for Win 10?: We're getting close,though: Samsung announced a 30 TB SSD in February as documented in this story from The Verge: Samsung unveils world's largest SSD with whopping 30TB of storage. I'm afraid to ask what it costs, though: I'm guessing it will be at least $20K, perhaps more....