Windows 10: Generic image icon

Discus and support Generic image icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dunno what I did... but in the past two days I'm getting generic icon for both image extension jpg and png... was this corrupted? What can I do to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by punkinbee59, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Generic image icon

Dunno what I did... but in the past two days I'm getting generic icon for both image extension jpg and png... was this corrupted?

What can I do to get this back on my desktop or in my folders?

BTW, I looked up the tutorials and find that I don't have IconCache in my "Local" folder...

Would appreciate a workaround..

Thanks

~punkinbee

:)

punkinbee59, Jun 2, 2019
  2. jackin Win User

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

Generic image icon 67d2b65a-a526-42eb-baec-6b5480451d19?upload=true.jpg

These icons correspond to Windows Explorer, IE and Office 365 programs.

Steps i took to resolve issue, but did not help are:

1. In order to fix generic blank icon issue on taskbar i killed explorer.exe and restarted it but this did not resolve issue.
    2. Ran quick repair on Office 365 & restarted Windows.

jackin, Jun 2, 2019
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jun 2, 2019
  4. PC Pilot Win User

Generic image icon

Change Device Icons with Custom Icons - Devices & Printers

Hi Alexcastillo,

Data does indeed fill as you suggest but although the fields fill in it does not alter the final error (see part of my post marked for ease of reading) am I missing something?

If you have successfully accomplished customisation of the main computer image perhaps you could detai a step by step guide as to where I am going wrong!

Also any ideas re the other generic icons discussed and how to replace them?

Any help much appreciated.

PC Pilot, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Generic image icon

1. Generic image icon - Similar Threads - Generic image icon

2. Can't view pictures on image icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't view pictures on image icons: Hi Lately I've had this issue - I can't see the pictures of the icon images. No matter what size. I have Windows 10 and all the suggestions I read here do not work/apply. I've reset my computer not long ago, so maybe this is part of the problem?...
  3. Image Inside of Icon Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image Inside of Icon Size: Hello! A while back I got a new Windows 10 laptop, and I accidently made some of the images inside my desktop images smaller. Unfortunately, I've been looking for some sort of solution on the internet, however the only results I get are making the icon itself bigger which...
  4. Icon image is not displaying

Icon image is not displaying: hi, i'm using Lenovo flex 5 , icon image is not displaying on the taskbar. Please help me for the same. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-image-is-not-displaying/a4bbd03b-c42a-43f6-9c1e-36b799961465
  5. Generic Keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Generic Keys: Hey guys, When i got this computer I checked the product key using produkey, and I did a search and I found that it is a generic key, now they sent me out a copy of windows 10 home, and I have not used that key yet, so my question is this, if I put my new key in that I...
  6. generic application icons in taskbar

generic application icons in taskbar: Hi, just two days ago I did a fresh installation of windows 10 v. 1809 and reinstalled all the applications that I use on a regular basis. I've run in to a strange issue where some of the icons in the task bar appear as generic icons as you can see in the screenshot. The...
  7. Generic PNP monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic PNP monitor: Hello, I use a CAD program that apparently has a problem with my ASUS 4K monitor. Seems I've tried every which way to get Window to recognize my monitor but, all I get is . . generic PnP monitor with an old 2006 driver. I've downloaded the current monitor but, Windows...
  8. Generic USB controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic USB controller: I didn't find the answer I needed anywhere so this is my last resource, I hope someone can help me... My problem is this, I bought a generic USB controller some time ago and I never had any problem, 3 days ago I saw a lot of malware in my computer and my controller stopped...
  9. Icon Images Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon Images Missing: Hey guys. I’m new to the whole forum business, so I’m afraid I’m going to require a bit of tolerance, hand-holding and general pointing in the right direction. If my problem has been covered elsewhere, I do apologise, but just point me at it. The scenario: an Intel i5...
  10. Want jpg icons to show image thumbnails instead of generic icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Want jpg icons to show image thumbnails instead of generic icons: Hi: Since updating to Windows 10, whenever I open file folders to view jpgs, the files' thumbnails are a generic blue mountain icon instead of thumbnails of the images themselves. How do I get the icons to go back to being thumbnail images again? Is there a command or menu...