Windows 10: Generic image icon

Discus and support Generic image icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dunno what I did... but in the past two days I'm getting generic icon for both image extension jpg and png... was this corrupted? What can I do to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by punkinbee59, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Generic image icon

Dunno what I did... but in the past two days I'm getting generic icon for both image extension jpg and png... was this corrupted?

What can I do to get this back on my desktop or in my folders?

BTW, I looked up the tutorials and find that I don't have IconCache in my "Local" folder...

Would appreciate a workaround..

Thanks

~punkinbee

:)

punkinbee59, Jun 2, 2019
  2. jackin Win User

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

Generic image icon 67d2b65a-a526-42eb-baec-6b5480451d19?upload=true.jpg

These icons correspond to Windows Explorer, IE and Office 365 programs.

Steps i took to resolve issue, but did not help are:

1. In order to fix generic blank icon issue on taskbar i killed explorer.exe and restarted it but this did not resolve issue.
    2. Ran quick repair on Office 365 & restarted Windows.

jackin, Jun 2, 2019
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jun 2, 2019
  4. PC Pilot Win User

Generic image icon

Change Device Icons with Custom Icons - Devices & Printers

Hi Alexcastillo,

Data does indeed fill as you suggest but although the fields fill in it does not alter the final error (see part of my post marked for ease of reading) am I missing something?

If you have successfully accomplished customisation of the main computer image perhaps you could detai a step by step guide as to where I am going wrong!

Also any ideas re the other generic icons discussed and how to replace them?

Any help much appreciated.

PC Pilot, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Generic image icon

1. Generic image icon - Similar Threads - Generic image icon

2. Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar: Only 3rd party programs icons are not showing, windows' programs icons are showing correctly.I can't add screenshot because your editor here doesn't work as it should....
  3. News And Interests Icon Changed To A Generic Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    News And Interests Icon Changed To A Generic Icon: Noticed today that on all my Windows 10 machines the news and interests icon has changed to a generic icon. Doesn't show the sun or clouds anymore. Is it just me ? 183118
  4. Generic icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Generic icon: [img] Greetings, I have notepad files on the desktop, but the icons for these are generic (the last file in the picture). Someone else had this problem. They were told to delete a file: %localAppData%\IconCache.db I have deleted the file and rebooted but the icons are...
  5. Generic Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Generic Icons: I needed to update an icon on my desktop. I had saved the new icon in my download folder. I went there to update the icon. Now I can't find the original generic icon folder. Does anyone have its file location? Thank you!...
  6. some icons show blank generic icon

in Windows 10 Support
    some icons show blank generic icon: i have a problem with my windows 10 desktop (1903 built 18362.952) where the icons will be blanked (see the attachement with the red squares) - how do i reset it? it also appears in file explorer. it does not effect my programs operation however. 149110
  7. Desktop icons are generic icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons are generic icons.: Desktop icons are generic icons. This has recently occurred on PCs that were upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I've scoured the internet and tried everything I could find with no solution. Thanks...
  8. Desktop icons are generic icons

Desktop icons are generic icons: Desktop icons are generic icons. This has recently occurred on PCs that were upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I've scoured the internet and tried everything I could find with no solution. Thanks...
  9. generic application icons in taskbar

generic application icons in taskbar: Hi, just two days ago I did a fresh installation of windows 10 v. 1809 and reinstalled all the applications that I use on a regular basis. I've run in to a strange issue where some of the icons in the task bar appear as generic icons as you can see in the screenshot. The...
  10. Want jpg icons to show image thumbnails instead of generic icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Want jpg icons to show image thumbnails instead of generic icons: Hi: Since updating to Windows 10, whenever I open file folders to view jpgs, the files' thumbnails are a generic blue mountain icon instead of thumbnails of the images themselves. How do I get the icons to go back to being thumbnail images again? Is there a command or menu...