Windows 10: Generic Non PNP monitor not working in dual setup

Discus and support Generic Non PNP monitor not working in dual setup in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, I've got a odd problem. I have a Dell 3880 Desktop PC (HD 630 graphics, no additional gpu) that has an HDMI and VGA output. I bought two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by tenashas, Sep 9, 2020.

1. tenashas Win User

Generic Non PNP monitor not working in dual setup

Hi all,

I've got a odd problem. I have a Dell 3880 Desktop PC (HD 630 graphics, no additional gpu) that has an HDMI and VGA output. I bought two identical LG 1920x1080 minotors that are plug and play (drivers on LG website are non existent).

I have one plugged in via HDMI, the other using a HDMI to VGA adapter. The HDMI one works, the one with the adapter is recognized as a generic non pnp monitor and is blank. The screen says signal not detected. I know both monitors work fine on their own because I have moved the HDMI cable between them. If I put the vga adapter between either one of them, that one will stop working. I tested an older monitor that did have VGA out and did not need an HDMI adapter and it worked just fine for a dual monitor setup.

win10 home version 10.0.18363

Other things I've done:

tested multiple hdmi / vga adapters
    updated win10 home to latest
    updated all dell drivers and bios
    uninstalled hd 630 graphics/ reinstalled
    uninstalled all pnp / non pnp monitors and restarted
    attempted to install closest driver to the LG monitor
    used CRU to copy/ duplicate all settings from working monitor to the other
    used this post to create a driver INF file from working monitor to be used on secondary:
    Force DVI/HDMI resolutions and refresh rates - Windows 7 Help Forums

And I'm still stuck. I can only assume that the adapter is preventing the EDID info to be sent over to windows? I have not had an problems with dual monitor setups in the past using adapters. Unfortunately the store wont let me swap out the monitors for ones that have hdmi and vga ports built in *Sad

Thanks in advance.

:)

tenashas, Sep 9, 2020
  2. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Sep 9, 2020
  3. kevinyu1 Win User
    Generic non PnP monitor

Hello! The other day I accidentally pulled out my BenQ 2400WD monitor's power supply cable, then replugged it in. My computer now detects my monitor as "Generic Non PnP Monitor" instead of BenQ, please help!

kevinyu1, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Generic Non PNP monitor not working in dual setup

Nothing connected yet Generic Non PnP Monitors detected

So recently my computer was formatted and I did a clean installation of Windows 10 as advised step-by-step with a Microsoft support official.

Anyways, recently without anything connected to the laptop at all Device Manager and Display settings show that there are another 4 or 5 screens regarded as Generic Non PnP monitors.

After uninstalling each Monitor from Device Manager and scanning for hardware changes it still detects 4 or 5 Generic Non PnP monitors.

How can I stop this?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / PC Projection & Continuum / PC

KishanNarotam, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Generic Non PNP monitor not working in dual setup

1. Generic Non PNP monitor not working in dual setup - Similar Threads - Generic Non PNP

2. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor": Anyone know how to remove this flicker driver "generic non-pnp monitor"?it is a ghost driver monitor. Its keeping uninstall then reinstall again over and over that make screen got delay. its happen when i play any heavy games .I have tried DDu and install lastest graphic...
  3. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor": Anyone know how to remove this flicker driver "generic non-pnp monitor"?it is a ghost driver monitor. Its keeping uninstall then reinstall again over and over that make screen got delay. its happen when i play any heavy games .I have tried DDu and install lastest graphic...
  4. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Generic PnP Monitor

Generic PnP Monitor: All of a sudden my pcs default monitor was changed to generic pnp monitor driver . Improper visuals during gaming at low resolution and so on. how can i fix this and intall the previos driverI have tried updating, reinstalling but nothing seems to workHP BS100 series...
  6. Generic pnp monitor

Generic pnp monitor: I accidently unintalled the generic pnp monitor but now i need it to access a program. kindly advise on how to reinstall and enable the monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-pnp-monitor/319a110b-d138-44ca-8e7d-248a8fbdb0df
  7. monitor Generic pnp

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor Generic pnp: Ok! First I Have this problem when i switched to windows 10 this problem i have never had it before my mouse not smooth there is mouse trails when i move my mouse i turn it off from mouse settings nothing happens i need help this problem don't give me smooth...
  8. Generic PnP Monitor

Generic PnP Monitor: I am using a Microsoft Surface Book 2 with a Surface Dock connected to an Electriq 24' 4K HDR monitor via a mini DP to HDMI adapter. I cannot get anything on the monitor to appear. I can switch from extend, duplicate and display on monitor 2 and it does nothing, aside from...
  9. Generic PNP monitor

Generic PNP monitor: Hello, I use a CAD program that apparently has a problem with my ASUS 4K monitor. Seems I've tried every which way to get Window to recognize my monitor but, all I get is . . generic PnP monitor with an old 2006 driver. I've downloaded the current monitor but, Windows...
  10. Generic Non PnP Monitor problem with AMD Eyefinity

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Generic Non PnP Monitor problem with AMD Eyefinity: Hello guys, I have 3 monitors which have same resolution of 1280x1024. 2 of them detected the model and the other one detected with "Generic Non PnP Monitor". If i manage to combine the three monitors, it supposed to be 3840x1024 resolution. But, the generic non PnP monitor...