Windows 10: Generic PnP Monitor driver VERY inadequate, Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Generic PnP Monitor driver VERY inadequate, Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The generic monitor driver is allowing my monitor to run as a 1080, but the image quality is GRAINY. NOTE: same exact system running Linux Mint 18... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by coder since 1982, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Generic PnP Monitor driver VERY inadequate, Windows 10 Pro

The generic monitor driver is allowing my monitor to run as a 1080, but the image quality is GRAINY.

NOTE: same exact system running Linux Mint 18 has incredible image, so it is NOT the hardware. (I would LOVE to be able to post images of both systems to see if anyone recognizes a similar problem.)

After looking at some of the driver properties, it might be that Windows is somehow thinking my monitor is a 768 (SEE hardware ids below), so preparing the initial video for that, then upgrading to 1080.

Display is set to 1920x1080 resolution.

My monitor (Cisco LCD100Pro3N) is a native 1920x1080p. No mfr driver is available; it uses PnP.

Relevant info:

1) Windows 10 Pro STILL up-to-date.

2) HMDI input

3) Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

4) Generic PnP Monitor driver...

driver version: 10.0.17763.1

driver date: 6/21/2006 (YES, older than my monitor!)

resolution: 1920x1080, 60Hz

Hardware Ids: MONITOR\CIS768E

:)

coder since 1982, Apr 12, 2019
  2. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Apr 12, 2019
  3. What is generic pnp monitor driver?

I connect my laptop to Dell monitor, I use only 2 screen in setting but my FPS is decrease. When I disable generic pnp monitor driver, FPS is normal. Why? What is generic pnp monitor driver?

Thiên Nguyễn, Apr 12, 2019
  4. JimAC_55 Win User

Generic PnP Monitor driver VERY inadequate, Windows 10 Pro

Replace Generic PnP Monitor Driver in Windows 10

This is a desktop running Windows 10, version 1803, with an AOC monitor. I'm trying to update a generic Windows driver from 2006 with a manufacturer's driver from 2013, but Windows keeps telling me that the best driver is already installed.

When I go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers, my monitor appears as 2269W (the actual model is i2269Vw). When I check Properties, a "2269W Properties" windows opens with two tabs, General and Hardware. The General tab also shows the
    model as 2269, while the Hardware tab shows the Name as "Generic PnP Monitor".

The Hardware tab has its own Properties button, which brings up a "Generic PnP Monitor Properties" window with four tabs; General, Driver, Details, and Events. The Driver tab shows the driver as a Microsoft driver dated 6/21/2006, version 10.0.17134.1.
    The "Driver Details" button opens a "Driver File Details" window showing the driver file as "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\monitor.sys".

In the Driver tab, only the "Driver Details" button is active; the others, including "Update Driver", are grayed out. However, when I go back to the "Generic PnP Monitor Properties" window, the General tab has a "Change settings" button, which also brings
    up a "Generic PnP Monitor Properties" window, but on this one the buttons are active, including "Update Driver", except for the "Roll Back Driver" button.

When I select "Update Driver", a window opens offering the choice between searching automatically for updated driver software, or browsing my computer. When I select browsing, navigate to the folder where I've downloaded and extracted the driver file for
    this monitor from the AOC website, and select "Next", a window opens telling me that "The best drivers for your device are already installed", with the options to either search for updated drivers on Windows Update, or close. (My Windows 10 is fully up-to-date.)

I have a hard time believing that a generic Windows driver from 2006 is better than a manufacturer's driver from 2013, but can't find any way to install the AOC driver. I though about deleting the monitor.sys file and copying the manufacturer's *.icm and
    *.inf files into the DRIVERS folder, but am hesitant because there are no other files of either format in that folder.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JimAC_55, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Generic PnP Monitor driver VERY inadequate, Windows 10 Pro

1. Generic PnP Monitor driver VERY inadequate, Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Generic PnP Monitor

2. Generic PnP monitor driver defects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic PnP monitor driver defects: I have 2 Samsung monitors on my Win10 64 bit Nvidia Quattro1000 system. From the Device manager, it is impossible to tell which of the two listed drivers is driving which monitor. However, one of them has a very sticky Generic driver, which causes colour differnces between...
  3. Generic PnP monitor driver defects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic PnP monitor driver defects: I have 2 Samsung monitors on my Win10 64 bit Nvidia Quattro1000 system. From the Device manager, it is impossible to tell which of the two listed drivers is driving which monitor. However, one of them has a very sticky Generic driver, which causes colour differnces between...
  4. Generic PnP monitor driver defects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Generic pnp monitor

Generic pnp monitor: I accidently unintalled the generic pnp monitor but now i need it to access a program. kindly advise on how to reinstall and enable the monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-pnp-monitor/319a110b-d138-44ca-8e7d-248a8fbdb0df
  6. Generic PnP Monitor driver issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Generic PnP Monitor driver issue: So I have this very annoying issue where I have to use the 2006 version of the PnP Monitor driver, because updating it to the 2019 version does more harm than good. More specifically, I can no longer adjust my brightness. Does anyone have a similar issue, or a solution for...
  7. Generic PNP Monitor Drivers

Generic PNP Monitor Drivers: Want to operate Panasonic PT-L300U projector DVI input from 2017 HP laptop; a 2006 Dell PC successfully drives it. Both laptop and PC are Windows 10. Both laptop and PC drive old DVI monitor; laptop via HDMI to DVI cable; PC by DVI/DVI cable. In Device Manager when...
  8. Generic PnP Monitor

Generic PnP Monitor: I am using a Microsoft Surface Book 2 with a Surface Dock connected to an Electriq 24' 4K HDR monitor via a mini DP to HDMI adapter. I cannot get anything on the monitor to appear. I can switch from extend, duplicate and display on monitor 2 and it does nothing, aside from...
  9. Generic PNP monitor

Generic PNP monitor: Hello, I use a CAD program that apparently has a problem with my ASUS 4K monitor. Seems I've tried every which way to get Window to recognize my monitor but, all I get is . . generic PnP monitor with an old 2006 driver. I've downloaded the current monitor but, Windows...
  10. Replace Generic PnP Monitor Driver in Windows 10

Replace Generic PnP Monitor Driver in Windows 10: This is a desktop running Windows 10, version 1803, with an AOC monitor. I'm trying to update a generic Windows driver from 2006 with a manufacturer's driver from 2013, but Windows keeps telling me that the best driver is already installed. When I go to Control...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. драйвер 10.0.17763.1 для монитора

2. драйвер microsoft 10.0.17763.1 для монитора