Windows 10: Generic PnP monitor log error event, driver not migrated

Discus and support Generic PnP monitor log error event, driver not migrated in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had to reinstall Windows 10. Afterwards, Windows does not detect my Samsung Syncmaster 171N. I believe it was using the GenericPnP driver. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Haruspex, May 21, 2019.

1. Haruspex Win User

Generic PnP monitor log error event, driver not migrated

I had to reinstall Windows 10. Afterwards, Windows does not detect my Samsung Syncmaster 171N.

I believe it was using the GenericPnP driver. There is no specific driver for that monitor on Windows10 (or 7).

The event log for the driver says

Device DISPLAY\SAM006B\4&a1db37&0&UID65793 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: DISPLAY\DEFAULT_MONITOR\1&8713BCA&0&UID0

Class Guid: {4D36E96E-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF0000F100

Present: false

Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver generates another such log event.

The driver is 10.0.17134.1, 21/6/2006

Samsung support is no help at all.

:)

Haruspex, May 21, 2019
  2. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, May 21, 2019
  3. What is generic pnp monitor driver?

I connect my laptop to Dell monitor, I use only 2 screen in setting but my FPS is decrease. When I disable generic pnp monitor driver, FPS is normal. Why? What is generic pnp monitor driver?

Thiên Nguyễn, May 21, 2019
  4. TomFeehan Win User

Generic PNP monitor

Hello,

I use a CAD program that apparently has a problem with my ASUS 4K monitor. Seems I've tried every which way to get Window to recognize my monitor but, all I get is . . generic PnP monitor with an old 2006 driver. I've downloaded the current monitor
    but, Windows won't use it.

Gone through a number of help suggestions including disconnecting the monitor, reconnecting, re-starts, delete driver, re-install . . .llllllll

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Tom

TomFeehan, May 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Generic PnP monitor log error event, driver not migrated - Similar Threads - Generic PnP monitor

2. Generic PnP Monitor driver VERY inadequate, Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic PnP Monitor driver VERY inadequate, Windows 10 Pro: The generic monitor driver is allowing my monitor to run as a 1080, but the image quality is GRAINY. NOTE: same exact system running Linux Mint 18 has incredible image, so it is NOT the hardware. (I would LOVE to be able to post images of both systems to see if anyone...
  3. 'Generic PnP monitor' issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Generic PnP monitor' issue: I have problems with display drivers. The device manager shows an error 'Generic PnP monitor'. I’ve updated graphic drivers to the latest version but now the monitor is no longer recognized and I see a black screen. I reinstalled Windows, reinstalled drivers from the...
  4. Updating Monitor from "generic PnP" driver to manufacturer driver

Updating Monitor from "generic PnP" driver to manufacturer driver: I am trying to update my Acer Predator XB1 monitors driver. I have the file downloaded and I can locate the folder within device manager but it will not install the driver. I keeps saying "windows has determined the most up to date driver is installed already...." I also...
  5. Generic PNP monitor

Generic PNP monitor: Hello, I use a CAD program that apparently has a problem with my ASUS 4K monitor. Seems I've tried every which way to get Window to recognize my monitor but, all I get is . . generic PnP monitor with an old 2006 driver. I've downloaded the current monitor but, Windows...
  6. Touch problem for Generic PnP Monitor

Touch problem for Generic PnP Monitor: the touch works well in other device but not on windows 10. The device name is appearing as PnP Generic Monitor.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-problem-for-generic-pnp-monitor/7b2573e4-3b85-41f2-8d6b-c98305f45873
  7. Replace Generic PnP Monitor Driver in Windows 10

Replace Generic PnP Monitor Driver in Windows 10: This is a desktop running Windows 10, version 1803, with an AOC monitor. I'm trying to update a generic Windows driver from 2006 with a manufacturer's driver from 2013, but Windows keeps telling me that the best driver is already installed. When I go to Control...
  8. Monitors Generic PnP monitor error code 52 and no brigntness option

Monitors Generic PnP monitor error code 52 and no brigntness option: I'm not able to decrese my brightness and the brightness option on the battery mark is Darken and the monitors in Device Manger is showing error code 52...
  9. Generic PnP/Can't adjust monitor resolution correctly.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Generic PnP/Can't adjust monitor resolution correctly.: Hello. My computer currently has 3 monitors connected to it. 2 through the graphics card (R9 280), 1 through the integrated graphics (AMD HD 3000). Not sure when why or how, but the integrated graphics card can never pick up what type of monitor is connected to it... so it...
  10. Generic PnP Monitor Disabled

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Generic PnP Monitor Disabled: Every time I reboot, my Generic PnP Monitor is disabled. In order to get my monitor calibration software to work, I have to go into Device Manager and enable the Generic PnP Monitor. Any thoughts? 15147

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor device not migrated

2. error code 0x80042405 0xA001B