Windows 10: Generic PnP

Discus and support Generic PnP in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ok so I've been gaming for a while on my Alienware Aurora R8 and I have an asus gaming monitor, and I've been going to the advanced display setting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexanderChiang, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Generic PnP

ok so I've been gaming for a while on my Alienware Aurora R8 and I have an asus gaming monitor, and I've been going to the advanced display setting to get my 144hz but all I saw was "Generic PnP" and it was capped out at 60hz. I've looked on multiple forums and tried every recommended option but I'm still left with Generic PnP. So I an expensive monitor that is underperforming at the moment.

:)

AlexanderChiang, Apr 25, 2020
  2. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Apr 25, 2020
  3. crionsynx Win User
    PnP Generic Monitor Problem

Try to uninstall the generic PnP monitor driver.

1. Right-click on the Start menu button and select Device Manager.

2. Right click on Generic PnP Monitor device. Select Uninstall device option.

3. When asked for confirmation, select Uninstall.

4. After uninstalling, click on Scan for hardware changes button.

Windows will recognize and install the monitor not the generic PnP monitor.

crionsynx, Apr 25, 2020
  4. TomFeehan Win User

Generic PnP

Generic PNP monitor

Hello,

I use a CAD program that apparently has a problem with my ASUS 4K monitor. Seems I've tried every which way to get Window to recognize my monitor but, all I get is . . generic PnP monitor with an old 2006 driver. I've downloaded the current monitor
    but, Windows won't use it.

Gone through a number of help suggestions including disconnecting the monitor, reconnecting, re-starts, delete driver, re-install . . .llllllll

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Tom

TomFeehan, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Generic PnP

1. Generic PnP - Similar Threads - Generic PnP

2. I can't use 1920x1080 resolution with a generic PNP monitor. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use 1920x1080 resolution with a generic PNP monitor. Any ideas?: I have an RTX 2060 and I use it connected to a Cintiq, an LG Ultrawide monitor and a Samsung TV not smart. Everything worked very well, without any problems, but for a while now I can no longer get the 1920x1080 resolution on my TV. The other two monitors work perfectly, but...
  3. I can't use 1920x1080 resolution with a generic PNP monitor. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use 1920x1080 resolution with a generic PNP monitor. Any ideas?: I have an RTX 2060 and I use it connected to a Cintiq, an LG Ultrawide monitor and a Samsung TV not smart. Everything worked very well, without any problems, but for a while now I can no longer get the 1920x1080 resolution on my TV. The other two monitors work perfectly, but...
  4. Something turns off my generic pnp monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something turns off my generic pnp monitor: Hi! Using windows 10 on a laptop i recently encountered a problem. Each time my computer is turned on i need to manually go to device manager to click "turn on" on my Generic PnP monitor because it's turned off every single time. Without turning it on i can't access my...
  5. Something turns off my generic pnp monitor

Something turns off my generic pnp monitor: Hi! Using windows 10 on a laptop i recently encountered a problem. Each time my computer is turned on i need to manually go to device manager to click "turn on" on my Generic PnP monitor because it's turned off every single time. Without turning it on i can't access my...
  6. Something turns off my generic pnp monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Generic Non-PNP In Intel HD Graphics 4600

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic Non-PNP In Intel HD Graphics 4600: I have a frontech monitor, and my pc has intel hd graphics 4600. I cannot change the brightness since the monitor is non-pnp in device manager. What should I do to fix this issue?...
  8. Generic Non-PNP In Intel HD Graphics 4600

Generic Non-PNP In Intel HD Graphics 4600: I have a frontech monitor, and my pc has intel hd graphics 4600. I cannot change the brightness since the monitor is non-pnp in device manager. What should I do to fix this issue?...
  9. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor": Anyone know how to remove this flicker driver "generic non-pnp monitor"?it is a ghost driver monitor. Its keeping uninstall then reinstall again over and over that make screen got delay. its happen when i play any heavy games .I have tried DDu and install lastest graphic...
  10. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor": Anyone know how to remove this flicker driver "generic non-pnp monitor"?it is a ghost driver monitor. Its keeping uninstall then reinstall again over and over that make screen got delay. its happen when i play any heavy games .I have tried DDu and install lastest graphic...