Windows 10: generic print drivers installation

Discus and support generic print drivers installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need to install a GENERIC PRINTER DRIVER in addition to my printer for work purposes in order to generate something called a PRN in court... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jackielewis3, Jun 22, 2020.

1. generic print drivers installation

I need to install a GENERIC PRINTER DRIVER in addition to my printer for work purposes in order to generate something called a PRN in court transcription. Help! I have a Lenovo laptop.

:)

jackielewis3, Jun 22, 2020

2. Cannot install generic audi drivers for asus

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below:

Steps 1:

• Right click on the Start Menu and select Device Manager.
    • Here locate and double click to expand your audio drivers.
    • Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall. You will get a prompt click on OK.
    • Once done reboot the computer.

Steps 2:

• Open Control panel, locate and select the driver update that has been installed in your PC.
    • Select it and then click on the Uninstall button.
    • Once it uninstalls, click on the link below and use the tool provided there to
      block/hide the particular update.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Steps 3:

Visit the website of the computer's manufacturer and download and install the latest update for your driver. Once done reboot the computer and check.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 22, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Printing

Hi,

Print Spooler service is your main connector with the printer, and if this service doesn’t work, you won’t be able to print your documents. To assist you with your printing concern, kindly refer to the troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1: Run the Printing Troubleshooter

We suggest that you click on this article and follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:
    Fix printer problems.

Method 2: Uninstall unnecessary printers

Having two or more printers installed can cause issues with the Print Spooler and printing. Follow the steps below to uninstall any unnecessary printers:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Control Panel from the list.
    • When Control Panel opens, locate Devices and Printers.
    • In Devices and Printers section select the printer you want to remove and click Print server properties.
    • Go to Drivers tab. You should see the list of all installed printers.
    • Select the printer you want to remove and click the Remove button.
    • Select Remove driver and driver package and click OK to completely remove the printer.
    • After removing unnecessary printers, restart your PC.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Jun 22, 2020
  4. generic print drivers installation

Windows 10 client doesn't load the print driver from the XP print server

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

Which Printer drivers are installed in #2 computer? Windows 10 or Windows XP?

Are you facing any issues with Printer after installing Windows XP drivers in #3 Computer?

I suggest you to Stop and Start the Print Spooler services by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R key, type services.msc
      and press Enter.
    • From the list, locate Print Spooler service.
    • Double click on the service and select Stop and click on
      Apply
      and OK.
    • Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.
    • Double click on the service and check if the service is started.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

generic print drivers installation

1. generic print drivers installation - Similar Threads - generic print drivers

2. Generic USB drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic USB drivers: I accidentally deleted my generic USB driver and now my mouse and keyboard don't work. I am on windows 10,I tried powering it off then powering it back on but it still didn't automatically update the drivers,PLS HELP...
  3. Generic USB drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic USB drivers: I accidentally deleted my generic USB driver and now my mouse and keyboard don't work. I am on windows 10,I tried powering it off then powering it back on but it still didn't automatically update the drivers,PLS HELP...
  4. Generic audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic audio driver: Hi, there, I’m having problem with my laptop. I have generic audio driver as one of my problem. I don’t how what cause it or have to fix the problem. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/c2b092a8-c72b-46af-91d6-4e92cb4d69a1
  5. generic audio driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    generic audio driver: generic audio driver hi my sound of laptop have problem and its error is generic audio driver .how to i can solv it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/f66988d3-39c7-4ceb-9394-8c790936d1b3
  6. Print Drivers will not install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print Drivers will not install: This may affect other drivers but I have only tried installing printers. The driver starts to install then rolls back. [4754:4D04][2019-11-11T13:42:44]i301: Applying execute package: UpdoxFaxSetup, action: Install, path: C:\ProgramData\Package...
  7. generic microsft driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    generic microsft driver: I have a generic Microsoft driver How do I get the write one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-microsft-driver/135bb680-a1d7-4bb9-9551-6c9d235c3ca8
  8. Generic Audio Driver

Generic Audio Driver: ive tried to uninstall my audio and reinstall drivers i have even factory reset my pc but every time i trouble shoot my sound it says problem found generic audio driver...
  9. generic audio driver

generic audio driver: How do i fix the generic audio driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/1b754d9a-46e6-425b-9bf2-2178c8b33e71
  10. generic audio driver.

generic audio driver.: Hi I have problem with my windows 10 that i can not hear the sound form my tv when i connection my laptop with my tv. ant the troubleshoot sound problem tell me that i have a problem is it generic audio driver. I updated Windows and checked all the updates as you cleared...