Windows 10: Generic product key?

Discus and support Generic product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am installing an SSD for a friend on a working PC with an old patter drive that is super slow. I used a product key finder and got VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChrisPbass, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Generic product key?

I am installing an SSD for a friend on a working PC with an old patter drive that is super slow.
    I used a product key finder and got VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM- 9MPGT-3V66T

product key finder says this is OEM and I need a digital license for activation. This PC is licensed already.
    if I put the SSD in and install the OS will this key work? It seems like it won't.

:)

ChrisPbass, Jan 18, 2021
  2. _Gary Win User

Windows Product Key

Hi,

If there was no listed retail key using the app, it is most likely that what you had was a digital entitlement. Please use the correct generic product key listed via the list under this article.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/95922-gener...

_Gary, Jan 18, 2021
  3. generic product key

anyone have generic product key for windows 10 home single language version 2004?

Anubhav Sisodia, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Superfly Win User

Generic product key?

Product Key

Keys are not required for the upgrade process. Windows 10 has a built-in generic key which it uses to install - it acquires the underlying Win7/Win8 activation during the upgrade process and assigns your device ID as a valid Windows 10 activated device. Subsequent installs will thus activate using your device ID. You will not require a key - should you be prompted, select "skip". Activation is automatic thereafter.

See step 6 here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Generic product key? [​IMG]

Superfly, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Generic product key?

1. Generic product key? - Similar Threads - Generic product key

2. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  3. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  4. generic product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    generic product key: anyone have generic product key for windows 10 home single language version 2004? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-product-key/43a2179d-fa3b-4314-b60c-34057fefb104
  5. assist me with a working generic product key

assist me with a working generic product key: my windows is expiring today.someone to help me with a working product key please so that i can unlock it.mine is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/assist-me-with-a-working-generic-product-key/1c26bc34-244a-40a1-a1ee-a473ff04e916
  6. Can generic windows product keys activate windows?

Can generic windows product keys activate windows?: My windows tablet has a generic windows key and it’s activated and linked to my microsoft account. Is if possible for a generic windows key to activate windows?...
  7. ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key?

ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key?: I upgraded from win7 to win10. I now want to move my system/installation to a new SSD drive. However whilst I have created a Windows 10 media installation disk i have been advised that i still need a licence key once Win10 installed on the new SSD. They have suggested...
  8. About Win 10 generic product keys

About Win 10 generic product keys: Win 10 Home ..........................TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99 Win 10 Pro .............................VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T Those are the known generic product keys. I have a pre-install Win 7 Home Premium > upgraded to Win 10 Home I ran my speccy and...
  9. How long are generic product keys good for?

in Windows 10 Support
    How long are generic product keys good for?: The link @jkirkman referenced is broken, the final ')' gets removed from the link by the board software. This link works... Microsoft Docs | Appendix A: KMS Client Setup Keys Key Management Server (KMS) generic keys should only be used if you are installing Windows on a...
  10. Generic Product Keys to Install Windows 10 Editions

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Generic Product Keys to Install Windows 10 Editions: How to: Generic Product Keys to Install Windows 10 Editions List of Generic Product Keys to Install Windows 10 Editions Generic keys (aka: "default keys") for Windows 10 from Microsoft will allow you to install a specific Windows 10 edition you want, but will not...