Windows 10: Generic SuperSpeed Hub 3.0 doesn't recognize devices

Discus and support Generic SuperSpeed Hub 3.0 doesn't recognize devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I hope someone can explain what the problem is. I've just bought a Phillips USB Hub (USB3.0 AM to USB3.0 A/F*4 -- SWR1604A/93). I'm running Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by frenki09, Dec 17, 2019.

1. frenki09 Win User

Generic SuperSpeed Hub 3.0 doesn't recognize devices

I hope someone can explain what the problem is.

I've just bought a Phillips USB Hub (USB3.0 AM to USB3.0 A/F*4 -- SWR1604A/93).

I'm running Windows 10.

After connecting the hub to my Lenovo Yoga's 3.0 USB port the tiny green indicator lights up on the hub, so the hub certainly gets power. The hub also shows up in the Device Manager as Generic SuperSpeed Hub 3.0. (I know this because I disconnected the hub and the connected it again to see if it is recognized in the Device Manager.)

The problem is that none of the devices connected to the hub are recognized except for the ThinkPad USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter. After plugging in my external drives (all WD My Passport hard drives) I can feel that they are powered up and they are indeed running, but they do not show up in My Computer. A pen drive and even the wireless mouse would not show up in My Computer or work (mouse) after plugging them in. (The pen drive and the wireless mouse are both 2.0 devices, but I reckon this shouldn't make much difference. The WD My Passport has a USB 3.0 port.)

I get no error message. There are no yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager.

I updated the Phillips Hub driver software via Device Manager but it said that I am already using the latest version, so that didn't fix the problem.

Could anyone tell me why the USB Hub is powered up (green indicator is lit up after connecting it) and why the USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter is working through the hub (meaning that I can get online without any problems while it's plugged into the hub), but my USB devices aren't recognized although they are actually powered up after plugging them in.

Thanks a million in advance.

:)

frenki09, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Generic superspeed usb hub error after 1809 update

Hi CerenDemirci,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Can you access the USB from Windows explorer?

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43), this error is an indication of corrupted loaded drivers. By default, Device Manager only displays drivers of
    connected devices, sometimes windows can get "confused" with the old drivers in the system. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if it is fixed.

Method 1: Install Generic driver.

1. Connect one of the USB hubs.
    2. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    3. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    4. Right click on the Generic super speed USB hub.
    5. Click on Update Driver.
    6. Click on Browse my computer.
    7. Select Browse, navigate to: C:\Windows\winsxs when it asks for the driver location.
    8. Click on Install to install the Windows generic file.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall Driver.

I would suggest you to follow the steps
    provide by Aswin_Ananad on 6th April 2016. For more information, check the Microsoft article on
    USB Device not recognized.
    Let us know if you need further assistance regarding this issue.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 6, 2020
  3. frenki09 Win User

I hope someone can explain what the problem is.

I've just bought a Phillips USB Hub (USB3.0 AM to USB3.0 A/F*4 -- SWR1604A/93).

I'm running Windows 10.

After connecting the hub to my Lenovo Yoga's 3.0 USB port the tiny green indicator lights up on the hub, so the hub certainly gets power. The hub also shows up in the Device Manager as
    Generic SuperSpeed Hub 3.0. (I know this because I disconnected the hub and the connected it again to see if it is recognized in the Device Manager.)

The problem is that none of the devices connected to the hub are recognized except for the ThinkPad USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter. After plugging in my external drives (all WD My Passport hard drives) I can feel that they are powered up and they are indeed running,
    but they do not show up in My Computer. A pen drive and even the wireless mouse would not show up in My Computer or work (mouse) after plugging them in. (The pen drive and the wireless mouse are both 2.0 devices, but I reckon this shouldn't make much difference.
    The WD My Passport has a USB 3.0 port.)

I get no error message. There are no yellow exclamation marks
    in Device Manager.

I updated the Phillips Hub driver software via Device Manager but it said that I am already using the latest version, so that didn't fix the problem.

Could anyone tell me why the USB Hub is powered up (green indicator is lit up after connecting it) and why the USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter is working through the hub (meaning that I can get online without any problems while it's plugged into the hub), but my
    USB devices aren't recognized although they are actually powered up after plugging them in.

Thanks a million in advance.

frenki09, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

USB 3 Hub

That screenshot suggests you have 2 USB 3.0/SuperSpeed Hubs.

Berton, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Generic SuperSpeed Hub 3.0 doesn't recognize devices - Similar Threads - Generic SuperSpeed Hub

2. PC not recognizing device as 3.0 SuperSpeed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not recognizing device as 3.0 SuperSpeed: Hi, I have an Audient ID14 MKII sound interface that should be connected to a Type C or Type A 3.0 port USB. My PC doesn't have Type C port which is the port on the interface so I buyed a Type C-Type A 3.2 Gen1 cable. Now, when I connect the device on a 3.2 Gen1 port in my...
  3. PC not recognizing device as 3.0 SuperSpeed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not recognizing device as 3.0 SuperSpeed: Hi, I have an Audient ID14 MKII sound interface that should be connected to a Type C or Type A 3.0 port USB. My PC doesn't have Type C port which is the port on the interface so I buyed a Type C-Type A 3.2 Gen1 cable. Now, when I connect the device on a 3.2 Gen1 port in my...
  4. PC not recognizing device as 3.0 SuperSpeed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Devices connected through a Generic USB hub aren’t recognized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices connected through a Generic USB hub aren’t recognized.: I have a PC based on the Intel hm370 chipset running windows 11 pro. If I plug in a USB device it works. If I plug the same device into a usb generic hub and plug the hub into my computer, the device doesn’t work. This is true for any usb generic hub including my usb ham...
  6. Devices connected through a Generic USB hub aren’t recognized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices connected through a Generic USB hub aren’t recognized.: I have a PC based on the Intel hm370 chipset running windows 11 pro. If I plug in a USB device it works. If I plug the same device into a usb generic hub and plug the hub into my computer, the device doesn’t work. This is true for any usb generic hub including my usb ham...
  7. superspeed usb hub

superspeed usb hub: Hi, I have a usb 3.0 hub. It was working fine. But now there is only one external HDD that works with it. Any other HDD that I connect is not recognized. But if I connect that HDD directly to the laptop, it works fine....
  8. Generic USB Hub Device Missing

Generic USB Hub Device Missing: I've been having issues with my USB ports and thought it may have been related to an issue I've had for some time now. This issue shows up as 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)' in the device manager. In an effort to resolve this problem, I've attempted a...
  9. Generic superspeed usb hub error after 1809 update

Generic superspeed usb hub error after 1809 update: I deleted and doesnt work. It cames same like that. What I need do ? [ATTACH] =========================== USB Port20 =========================== Connection Status : 0x01 (Device is connected) Port Chain : 1-20 Properties : 0x03...
  10. Generic Superspeed USB hub error code 43 -USB hub failed to reset

Generic Superspeed USB hub error code 43 -USB hub failed to reset: The hub was working fine until Windows update on 08/06/2018 Driver version 10.0.17134.112 My £150 gaming motherboard now does not support all my peripherals at the same time. I can't install my original drivers from the disk that came with the board because Windows has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver for generic superspeed usb hub

2. generic superspeed usb hub

3. generic superspeed usb hub error b550

4. windows 10 doesnt recognize usb 3.0 superspeed