Windows 10: generic upgrade key not working

Discus and support generic upgrade key not working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i reinstalled windows 10 on my pc yesterday, and because it wasn't activated during setup, it isn't activated now, so i don't have a license, and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by orangeturtle197, Dec 14, 2020.

1. generic upgrade key not working

i reinstalled windows 10 on my pc yesterday, and because it wasn't activated during setup, it isn't activated now, so i don't have a license, and i installed windows 10 pro n because that's what i downloaded when flashing my usb with rufus, and i've set it up enough that i don't want to reinstall again. i also only have the oem licenses that can only be reactivated with the troubleshooter i also have a pro license tied to a different computer i'm trying to transfer, and the troubleshooter tells me to install windows 10 home, but the generic keys for home and pro don't work, and the generic kms key for pro doesn't work either yes, i unplugged my ethernet cable and turned off wifi when i did it. is there any other things i need to do or any helpful tips to make it work?

:)

orangeturtle197, Dec 14, 2020

2. Generic Keys

Hi Tony,

YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7 is a Windows 10 Home generic key that works on PCs that have upgraded to Windows 10 before.

If your PC is having that key, it could mean that it was upgraded FREE to Windows 10 Home before.

The current hardware ID is tagged to a digital license in MS. so I would suggest you leave it as it is currently as it's already activated.

Regards,

Lee

Lee Teck Koon, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Feather Win User
    Free upgrade still working using old keys

Windows 10 free upgrade offer still works. I tested today. First I installed and activated Windows 8.1 (I used an old Windows 8 key that had never been used) and after this I upgrade to Windows 10.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

Note that Windows 10 upgrade installation does not accept Windows 7/8.x product key, so you need to select the option I'm reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC (see screenshot below).

generic upgrade key not working [​IMG]

You can also clean install Windows 10 and activate it directly with your unused Windows 7/8.x product key.

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

Feather, Dec 14, 2020
  4. SamuelLV Win User

generic upgrade key not working

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

generic upgrade key not working

1. generic upgrade key not working - Similar Threads - generic upgrade key

2. Generic product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Generic product key?: I am installing an SSD for a friend on a working PC with an old patter drive that is super slow. I used a product key finder and got VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM- 9MPGT-3V66T product key finder says this is OEM and I need a digital license for activation. This PC is licensed already....
  3. the generic key is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the generic key is not working: the generic key for upgrading an oem home to pro is not working is there another that might work i have a gaming laptop that is a few years old and am trying to do an upgrade from a windows 10 oem copy to a pro key and cant validate either the pro key or the that is given in...
  4. generic product key

generic product key: anyone have generic product key for windows 10 home single language version 2004? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-product-key/43a2179d-fa3b-4314-b60c-34057fefb104
  5. assist me with a working generic product key

assist me with a working generic product key: my windows is expiring today.someone to help me with a working product key please so that i can unlock it.mine is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/assist-me-with-a-working-generic-product-key/1c26bc34-244a-40a1-a1ee-a473ff04e916
  6. Generic Keys

Generic Keys: Hey guys, When i got this computer I checked the product key using produkey, and I did a search and I found that it is a generic key, now they sent me out a copy of windows 10 home, and I have not used that key yet, so my question is this, if I put my new key in that I...
  7. Generic keys and License keys.

Generic keys and License keys.: Question, I have a windows 10 home generic key installed with permanent activation (Was like this when I got it from the company that my sister brought it from) and I am just wondering, would this be the reason why I have been having problems with some games running? I...
  8. Need a generic key

Need a generic key: I completelely dont know my product key for my windows 10 HP, I was just given this computer from a brother. When it run into a problem I had to factory reset it and install new windows on it. PLEASE HELP!...
  9. Upgrading Home install to Pro with generic product key

Upgrading Home install to Pro with generic product key: I'm curious, I might have to try this on an extra partition... My computer is fully activated on Pro version. I've also done a clean install after the upgrade and activated immediately just fine. So, let's say I bungled and clean installed Windows 10 Home by mistake. Of...
  10. Installation key for Windows 10 upgrade is generic

Installation key for Windows 10 upgrade is generic: I did the upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and my installation key is the generic Windows 10 key. Windows 10 is now activated and it is not an Insider system. What the heck is going on here? Did anyone get a real key or are they not going to be used any...