Windows 10: Generic USB 3.0 Hubs downgraded to 2.0 all of a sudden

Discus and support Generic USB 3.0 Hubs downgraded to 2.0 all of a sudden in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i have had this generic usb 3.0 hub for a while and it was working super fine image here , copying files across two external hard drives happened in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Generic USB 3.0 Hubs downgraded to 2.0 all of a sudden

So i have had this generic usb 3.0 hub for a while and it was working super fine image here , copying files across two external hard drives happened in full usb 3.0 speeds on it , then all of a sudden its performance dropped down to 2.0 speeds , i.e 40 MBs ext HDD to int HDD and 20 MBs ext to ext HDD copy .

Now this was almost an inconvenient 75% drop down in speed , trouble shooting it i tried :
    1 - Different cables (same results)
    2 - Plugging ext HDD directly to local port (works in full usb 3.0 speed)
    3 - Install Win-Raid moded USB 3.x driver (detected the hub as a "USB 2.0 Hub")
    4 - Checked with hub properties in device manager > compatible ids , and all ids show as USB3
    5 - Tried on a Win 7 laptop , works fine
    6 - Bought a new hub image here but still acted as USB 2 hub and reads as a USB 2 hub
    7 - Tried all upper steps except for replacing cables as this one comes with a built in one but still no change

So I am coming to a conclusion where i need correction on if i am wrong that i might have had some windows update that kind of caused that effect out of the blue .

But still i am in dire need to have a hub with such high speed since i need to work on massive amounts of data floating around , now I was considering maybe a branded USB 3.0 hub but since i have invested 50$ on last 2 generics and branded similar ones start at 50$ the least then this is becoming more of a money drainer with no proven outcomes or solutions , so any suggestions is appreciated .

P.S this is not a call for finding me a 5$ or so discounted branded hub since i am not probably from where you are and customs may apply and i might still end up with same outcomes , i just need to understand what's going on and how to remedy it .

Thanks in advance .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Berton Win User

USB 3 Hub

That screenshot suggests you have 2 USB 3.0/SuperSpeed Hubs.

Berton, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Generic superspeed usb hub error after 1809 update

Hi CerenDemirci,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Can you access the USB from Windows explorer?

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43), this error is an indication of corrupted loaded drivers. By default, Device Manager only displays drivers of
    connected devices, sometimes windows can get "confused" with the old drivers in the system. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if it is fixed.

Method 1: Install Generic driver.

1. Connect one of the USB hubs.
    2. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    3. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    4. Right click on the Generic super speed USB hub.
    5. Click on Update Driver.
    6. Click on Browse my computer.
    7. Select Browse, navigate to: C:\Windows\winsxs when it asks for the driver location.
    8. Click on Install to install the Windows generic file.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall Driver.

I would suggest you to follow the steps
    provide by Aswin_Ananad on 6th April 2016. For more information, check the Microsoft article on
    USB Device not recognized.
    Let us know if you need further assistance regarding this issue.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Generic USB 3.0 Hubs downgraded to 2.0 all of a sudden

7 Port High Speed USB 3.0 Hub

they were asking for this... https://geeks.com/collections/best-...h-speed-usb-3-0-hub-windows-mac-os-compatible so that they did not have to search the page for it. Common courtesy when listing a hot deal really.

sneekypeet, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Generic USB 3.0 Hubs downgraded to 2.0 all of a sudden

1. Generic USB 3.0 Hubs downgraded to 2.0 all of a sudden - Similar Threads - Generic USB Hubs

2. Generic Usb Hub missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic Usb Hub missing: My laptop has 3 usb ports but only one of them seems to work. When i try to use the other one it says usb device not recognized and the device is malfunctioned. The usb port that works is beside the Hdmi port. My laptop model is Hp Pavillion 15 au101nx. I have been facing...
  3. Generic Usb Hub missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic Usb Hub missing: My laptop has 3 usb ports but only one of them seems to work. When i try to use the other one it says usb device not recognized and the device is malfunctioned. The usb port that works is beside the Hdmi port. My laptop model is Hp Pavillion 15 au101nx. I have been facing...
  4. Generic Usb Hub missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  6. XHCI ROOT HUB 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XHCI ROOT HUB 0: hello I have a ACER ASPIRE TOUCH ALL IN ONE PC. MODEL NO. Z5801. The PC is 10 years old i think, mayber older.I have gone onto windows updates and updated up to now. i also went onto the Acer website and downloaded drivers that were needed and what can be installed.I am...
  7. XHCI ROOT HUB 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XHCI ROOT HUB 0: hello I have a ACER ASPIRE TOUCH ALL IN ONE PC. MODEL NO. Z5801. The PC is 10 years old i think, mayber older.I have gone onto windows updates and updated up to now. i also went onto the Acer website and downloaded drivers that were needed and what can be installed.I am...
  8. XHCI ROOT HUB 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XHCI ROOT HUB 0: hello I have a ACER ASPIRE TOUCH ALL IN ONE PC. The PC is 10 years old i think, mayber older.I have gone onto windows updates and updated up to now. i also went onto the Acer website and downloaded drivers that were needed and what can be installed.I am trying to sort this...
  9. Generic USB Hub Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Generic USB Hub Issue: [ATTACH] Thanks in advance for your help! I have an issue where a Generic USB Hub shows up as a mounted USB drive. I have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling the drivers, and ejecting the USB drive. When I attempt to eject the drive, I get an error message....
  10. Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008: Hi, While trying to buy from Windows store I got an "Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008" message. Any idea how to resolve this? Vijay. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb downgraded to 2.0

2. generic hub usb 3.0

3. usb 3.0 generic usb hub device