Windows 10: Generic USB Bulk Device does not appear in Device Manager

Discus and support Generic USB Bulk Device does not appear in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am in need of some help regarding a USB device. My problem is that there is a USB device which no longer appears in my device manager. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Q Harmonics, May 25, 2021.

1. Generic USB Bulk Device does not appear in Device Manager

Hello, I am in need of some help regarding a USB device. My problem is that there is a USB device which no longer appears in my device manager. I have used this device on the same PC and same Windows installation before and it worked fine. Now it does not work a Windows application doesn't find it on the&n

:)

Q Harmonics, May 25, 2021

2. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, May 25, 2021
  3. veldthui Win User
    USB devices not working

Since my PC was updated to Windows 10 I have been having trouble with USB devices not working. It appears the drivers do not load or do not work. Example is my Saitek rudder pedals. They appear to be fully installed and appear in the device list but they do not work. I go into the device manager and update the driver to the exact same driver and it works.
    I plug in my iPhone and it is recognized as an iPhone but appears in the Other Devices with a yellow exclamation. A check and it says there are no drivers. Manually find the drivers and update them and it is good until I pull it out. Next time I plug it in same thing.
    Phantom 3 pro wont show the disk drive and have to load in a generic disk drive driver and all good. This list goes on.

I have found no suggestion on the net that help me so far.

Anyone else had this issue and have they solved it?

Thanks.

veldthui, May 25, 2021
  4. hfrmobile Win User

Generic USB Bulk Device does not appear in Device Manager

Multiple "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" entries in Device Manager

Having four entries "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" under "Disk drives" in Device Manager:

Generic USB Bulk Device does not appear in Device Manager e17dd0cc-a0ed-466b-8dfd-173eca988164?upload=true.png

The File Explorer, even the whole system (Windows 10) is incredible slow. There are
    no USB sticks etc. attached. The only entry that makes sense is ST3500312CS which is the hard disc drive. Also shortcuts to .exe take decades to launch. After removing the "Generic MassStorageClass
    USB Device" the issue seems to be gone, but reoccurs after some time ....

When uninstalling the "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" they appear again and again ... There are also no drive letters associated to those "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device".

This is very frustrating, because my old laptop (bought February 2012) is much faster than my newly bought (2017) desktop PC ... Both running Windows 10 ...

Any suggestions?

hfrmobile, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Generic USB Bulk Device does not appear in Device Manager

1. Generic USB Bulk Device does not appear in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Generic USB Bulk

2. "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device": I have a piece of software that I MUST use to make flash cards for some equipment. The flash cards are essentially the equipment's hard drive and they have a mix of Linux and Windows partitions. Here is the problem I'm having...I have a flash card reader made by Onn that...
  3. "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device": I have a piece of software that I MUST use to make flash cards for some equipment. The flash cards are essentially the equipment's hard drive and they have a mix of Linux and Windows partitions. Here is the problem I'm having...I have a flash card reader made by Onn that...
  4. "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Camera app does not appear on device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera app does not appear on device manager.: I am trying to connect Microsoft LifeCam 3000 HD to YouCam App. I noticed that there is no camera app on the device manager. How do i resolve this problem?...
  6. Camera app does not appear on device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app does not appear on device manager.: I am trying to connect Microsoft LifeCam 3000 HD to YouCam App. I noticed that there is no camera app on the device manager. How do i resolve this problem?...
  7. Generic USB Hub missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic USB Hub missing from Device Manager: Hi, please can someone help with the following? I've attached an external HD to my laptop and although I hear it connecting when I plug it in nothing happens, it does not show on my list of devices on my laptop and when I check the Device Manager I have no Generic USB Hub....
  8. Generic device names in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Generic device names in Device Manager: Many of my devices are not listed by their model and only have default Microsoft drivers in Device Manager. My keyboard says "HID Keyboard Device" but should be Corsair, under Mice and other pointing devices it says "HID-Compliant mouse", but should be Logitech. My firmware...
  9. Generic USB Hub Device Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic USB Hub Device Missing: I've been having issues with my USB ports and thought it may have been related to an issue I've had for some time now. This issue shows up as 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)' in the device manager. In an effort to resolve this problem, I've attempted a...
  10. Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device"

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device": So I finally decided to do something about this. There is always a Safely Remove icon on my taskbar, so I click it and there is nothing to remove. In Device manager, it is also present under Disk Drives. Even under my computer there is a disk drive with the letter "D" that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. generic massstorageclass usb device