Windows 10: Generic USB controller

Discus and support Generic USB controller in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I didn't find the answer I needed anywhere so this is my last resource, I hope someone can help me... My problem is this, I bought a generic USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by josepereza, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Generic USB controller

I didn't find the answer I needed anywhere so this is my last resource, I hope someone can help me... My problem is this, I bought a generic USB controller some time ago and I never had any problem, 3 days ago I saw a lot of malware in my computer and my controller stopped working, now I got rid off every virus that I could have in my computer, but now, my controller doesn't get recognized as one, before, if I entered the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" node in the Device manager, I could see my controller, now the problem I'm having is that instead of appearing there, it is appearing in the "Universal Serial Bus Devices" which sucks because it doesn't let me open the properties of the controller to configure it.
    If I enter "Devices and Printers" instead of being listed in "Devices" it appears as "Unidentified". Which also doesn't let me open the properties tab as a Controller
    I already checked if the problem was with the drivers, and it isn't, everything is up to date. I also checked again if my PC still had viruses.

PLEASE, I'm desperate, I need to solve this, I have yet too many games to play

:)

josepereza, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Xbox One Controller Wired Connection Registers as Generic Controller

Hi Trey,

Using a micro-USB cable is one way on how you can connect your Xbox One Controller to a Windows 10 PC. Once connected, it will install the most current drivers needed for your controller. Regarding your concern, have you tried using another micro-USB
    cable? If not, we suggest that you uninstall first the current driver for your Xbox One Controller on your computer, restart, and then connect the controller using another USB cable.
    There's a possibility that it affects the computer to get the correct driver for your controller.

If your Xbox One Controller still treated as the generic controller, we recommend that you manually install the driver by performing the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
    • Once Device Manager opens, locate and right-click Xbox One Controller.
    • From the menu choose Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller on the list and click
      Next
      to install it. If you can’t locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller driver, you might have to uncheck
      Show compatible hardware option.

Let us know if that works for you.

Ariel Acu, Jul 31, 2018
  3. windows problems with usb mic

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.

• Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.

• Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.

• A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Method 2: Disable and re-enable all the
    Universal Serial Bus controllers (USB) controllers.

The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, Click on
      Device Manager

• Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click
      Uninstall to remove it.

• Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Generic USB controller

This usb controller is in a failed state

Hi,

To further assist you regarding the USB controller, we suggest for you to check this

link
    and follow the steps provided by KomouPoji.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Generic USB controller

1. Generic USB controller - Similar Threads - Generic USB controller

2. Generic USB drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic USB drivers: I accidentally deleted my generic USB driver and now my mouse and keyboard don't work. I am on windows 10,I tried powering it off then powering it back on but it still didn't automatically update the drivers,PLS HELP...
  3. Generic USB drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic USB drivers: I accidentally deleted my generic USB driver and now my mouse and keyboard don't work. I am on windows 10,I tried powering it off then powering it back on but it still didn't automatically update the drivers,PLS HELP...
  4. Generic USB drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Generic Usb Hub missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic Usb Hub missing: My laptop has 3 usb ports but only one of them seems to work. When i try to use the other one it says usb device not recognized and the device is malfunctioned. The usb port that works is beside the Hdmi port. My laptop model is Hp Pavillion 15 au101nx. I have been facing...
  6. Generic Usb Hub missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic Usb Hub missing: My laptop has 3 usb ports but only one of them seems to work. When i try to use the other one it says usb device not recognized and the device is malfunctioned. The usb port that works is beside the Hdmi port. My laptop model is Hp Pavillion 15 au101nx. I have been facing...
  7. Generic Usb Hub missing

8. Driver error ps4 usb generic controller Windows 10 2004

Driver error ps4 usb generic controller Windows 10 2004: I just got a new PC and i conect a old ps4 generic usb controller that doesn't work only in this computer, its with Windows 10 2004 fully update. In all others PCs in my house it works just fine, but only in the new one show that mensage of drive error. Someone please help?...
  9. Generic bluetooth controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic bluetooth controller: Hi, I have an OUYA game controller that I want to control the drone camera with on MSFS 2020. Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if so how? I have made sure it's connected to my pc, need o know how to get MSFS to recognise it. Any help or a nudge in the right...
  10. Generic USB Hub Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Generic USB Hub Issue: [ATTACH] Thanks in advance for your help! I have an issue where a Generic USB Hub shows up as a mounted USB drive. I have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling the drivers, and ejecting the USB drive. When I attempt to eject the drive, I get an error message....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ue4 generic USB Contoroller