Windows 10: Generic USB Hub Device Missing

Discus and support Generic USB Hub Device Missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having issues with my USB ports and thought it may have been related to an issue I've had for some time now. This issue shows up as 'Unknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheAvocadoMan, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Generic USB Hub Device Missing

I've been having issues with my USB ports and thought it may have been related to an issue I've had for some time now. This issue shows up as 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)' in the device manager. In an effort to resolve this problem, I've attempted a few fixes found online. I have tried hardware troubleshooting, power plan editing, and turning off fast startup, all with no results. Some fixes online involve a device called 'Generic USB Hub', but that device does not appear in my device manager. Is there a reason it isn't appearing or does it need to be installed? If it needs to be installed, how would I go about doing that? Generic USB Hub Device Missing 8d52bd9d-f579-45f3-b7b5-2be6e89891de?upload=true.png

:)

TheAvocadoMan, Jan 15, 2019
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Generic superspeed usb hub error after 1809 update

Hi CerenDemirci,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Can you access the USB from Windows explorer?

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43), this error is an indication of corrupted loaded drivers. By default, Device Manager only displays drivers of
    connected devices, sometimes windows can get "confused" with the old drivers in the system. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if it is fixed.

Method 1: Install Generic driver.

1. Connect one of the USB hubs.
    2. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    3. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    4. Right click on the Generic super speed USB hub.
    5. Click on Update Driver.
    6. Click on Browse my computer.
    7. Select Browse, navigate to: C:\Windows\winsxs when it asks for the driver location.
    8. Click on Install to install the Windows generic file.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall Driver.

I would suggest you to follow the steps
    provide by Aswin_Ananad on 6th April 2016. For more information, check the Microsoft article on
    USB Device not recognized.
    Let us know if you need further assistance regarding this issue.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 15, 2019
  3. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Generic USB Hub Device Missing

Belkin introduces wireless USB hub

uh

• what long wires?

wow, you dont have to plug a really small thin piece of plastic into your laptop while roaming about...

dont they already make wireless adapters for these for much cheaper?

ok...so...

am i missing something here? almost 200 bucks for this???

Easy Rhino, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Generic USB Hub Device Missing

1. Generic USB Hub Device Missing - Similar Threads - Generic USB Hub

2. Generic Usb Hub missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic Usb Hub missing: My laptop has 3 usb ports but only one of them seems to work. When i try to use the other one it says usb device not recognized and the device is malfunctioned. The usb port that works is beside the Hdmi port. My laptop model is Hp Pavillion 15 au101nx. I have been facing...
  3. Generic Usb Hub missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic Usb Hub missing: My laptop has 3 usb ports but only one of them seems to work. When i try to use the other one it says usb device not recognized and the device is malfunctioned. The usb port that works is beside the Hdmi port. My laptop model is Hp Pavillion 15 au101nx. I have been facing...
  4. Generic Usb Hub missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Error message with Generic USB Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message with Generic USB Hub: HiMy Amazon basics Generic USB Hub keeps getting an error message every time I try to backup a file. The weird thing is that it does get backed up but I always get the message. It is nerve racking lol.This happened when I plug it into my new laptop ASUS with Windows 11.I even...
  6. Error message with Generic USB Hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message with Generic USB Hub: HiMy Amazon basics Generic USB Hub keeps getting an error message every time I try to backup a file. The weird thing is that it does get backed up but I always get the message. It is nerve racking lol.This happened when I plug it into my new laptop ASUS with Windows 11.I even...
  7. generic usb hub broken

generic usb hub broken: a few days ago now my pc froze up so i restarted it but the generic usbhub adapter seems to have broken so now i can't use my keyboard and mouse or any other usb a or c hardware,i've tried remote accessing but since it's windows home addition there's no way of connecting via...
  8. Generic USB Hub missing from Device Manager

Generic USB Hub missing from Device Manager: Hi, please can someone help with the following? I've attached an external HD to my laptop and although I hear it connecting when I plug it in nothing happens, it does not show on my list of devices on my laptop and when I check the Device Manager I have no Generic USB Hub....
  9. Generic USB Hub Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Generic USB Hub Issue: [ATTACH] Thanks in advance for your help! I have an issue where a Generic USB Hub shows up as a mounted USB drive. I have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling the drivers, and ejecting the USB drive. When I attempt to eject the drive, I get an error message....
  10. Generic USB Hub is missing

Generic USB Hub is missing: Hello. I am trying to fix a problem with my USB ports on my laptop. They haven't been working since last weekend. I've been searching my computer for what's wrong with my computer, and I see that my Generic USB device is not showing on Device Manager on my laptop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. generic usb hub missing windows 10

2. generic usb hub missing

3. missing generic usb hub

4. Installing usbgeneric hub ,
  5. generic usb hub always missing,
  6. missing general usb hub on windows,
  7. generic usb hub missuing,
  8. generic usb hub missing on pc,
  9. windows 10 usb generic hub missing,
  10. usb-c missing generic usb hub