Windows 10: generic xbox one controller installing as x box 360 controller

Discus and support generic xbox one controller installing as x box 360 controller in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. I have a xbox one wireless controller. can I get help with installation of the driver for the controller. I think the best thing is to know the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AbdulHamid6, Mar 26, 2021.

1. generic xbox one controller installing as x box 360 controller

Hi. I have a xbox one wireless controller. can I get help with installation of the driver for the controller. I think the best thing is to know the location of the xboxone driver in windows so that I can manually install the driver for the device.

:)

AbdulHamid6, Mar 26, 2021

2. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Mar 26, 2021
  3. X-Box 360 controller?

Hi Archonic Energy,

The issue that you are experiencing could be due to a driver conflict. To address your concern, I suggest uninstalling the Xbox 360 controller in Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps in this
    article on how to use Device Manager to uninstall devices and driver
    packages.

Regards.

Gemzon Mar, Mar 26, 2021
  4. generic xbox one controller installing as x box 360 controller

X-Box 360 controller?

Hi,

so my Laptop keeps telling me there's an X-Box 360 controller connected to it.

my problem is I own no 360 controllers, I've used a steam controller, a Saitek X-52 flight controller, and a steam link in the past but those are showing as disconnected (which they should be)

any advice would be appreciated as some software defaulting to a controller i don't own.

Thanks,

Archonic Energy, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

generic xbox one controller installing as x box 360 controller

1. generic xbox one controller installing as x box 360 controller - Similar Threads - generic xbox controller

2. XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.: Hello,I have just bought an Xbox controller to play racing games such as F1 22, Asetto Corsa, etc. I tried to connect to the controller on my PC which is a Windows 11 and tried racing games but the car kept going on the left side, so I tried to test this.Here is the...
  3. XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.: Hello,I have just bought an Xbox controller to play racing games such as F1 22, Asetto Corsa, etc. I tried to connect to the controller on my PC which is a Windows 11 and tried racing games but the car kept going on the left side, so I tried to test this.Here is the...
  4. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller: I used STEAM to play games, but when I entered the game, my PS4 controller was not recognized instead Xbox buttons were shown on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-being-installed-as-xbox-360/8ad11c73-1c1d-4869-a372-dd2624702b44
  5. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller: I used STEAM to play games, but when I entered the game, my PS4 controller was not recognized instead Xbox buttons were shown on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-being-installed-as-xbox-360/8ad11c73-1c1d-4869-a372-dd2624702b44
  6. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller for Windows: I don't know what is going on. Whenever I plug my controller into my PC, for a split second it recognizes it's a DS4 controller and gives me a notice that it's setting it up but immediately changes and says "Setting up Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" instead. When I check...
  8. X-Box One controller wireless is buggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    X-Box One controller wireless is buggy: Hi there, I've had 2 X-Box One controllers for a while now, and they worked OK before (some issues, but usually worked). Now, ever since a few months ago, I simply can't use the wireless. They won't sync unless I go into "Bluetooth and other devices", delete the...
  9. One or two dongles? Xbox 360 and Xbox one controller wireless controllers for Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One or two dongles? Xbox 360 and Xbox one controller wireless controllers for Windows: As per title. Do i need the 2 dongles to be connected to my PC to be able to use the 2 controllers or the Xbox one dongle is backward compatible? Thank you submitted by /u/Logiman43 [link] [comments]...
  10. Logitech G29 and MS X-box 360 controller conflict

Logitech G29 and MS X-box 360 controller conflict: Hello. After cleaninstall Windows 10 Pro 17763.348 I have got a problem, that I can't solve myself. At some games I use my Logitech G29 Wheel, and on some other games I want to use my MS X-BOX 360 controller. That has not been a problem in the past, but now I have to reboot...