Windows 10: Genius islim 300x and windows 10 32 bit

Discus and support Genius islim 300x and windows 10 32 bit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 Pro 32 bit Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 from Windows 7 and tried my Genius iSlim 300X camera with it. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jan MichaelLim, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Genius islim 300x and windows 10 32 bit

I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 Pro 32 bit Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 from Windows 7 and tried my Genius iSlim 300X camera with it. I tried opening the Windows 10 Camera App and it tells me: "error code: 0xA00F4244 <NoCameraAreAttached>"

It doesn’t work and I can’t make video calls with it.

So I tried to download a new driver from http://global.geniusnet.com/supports/islim-300x unzipped, installed and tried it out. It still doesn’t work as before.

When I click the Webcam's button at the top, it lights up its LED and it gives a new window with the captured picture but I can’t make any video calls with it. It also doesn’t open the AmCap window like before in Windows 7 with a preview. AmCap is an application that comes with the webcam driver when you install it.

I tried manually opening AmCap and it tells me: "this graph cannot preview!"

I checked devmgr.msc for its driver details and saw that it is installed properly and there are no issues with it.

When I try to access the camera settings and accessibility in Settings not Control Panel, the Settings window just quits.

Please help. I used to be able to use it in Windows 7. I can make video calls with it in Windows 7 32 bit.

:)

Jan MichaelLim, Jun 3, 2020

2. Windows 32 bits to 64 bits

Hi Kulbeer,

To upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit, we suggest that you check and follow the steps/instructions provided by
    Andre Da Costa in his article.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 3, 2020
  3. pepoluan Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Genius islim 300x and windows 10 32 bit

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit to 32-Bit?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What is the name of the game?
    If the system architect is 32 bit, then you can’t install 64 bit version of windows in it. I suggest you to run “winver” by pressing Windows + R, and check the version and bit.

There are some games that you can install it in 32 bit as well.

Windows 10 is the free upgrade for those users who has genuine key for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 , normally it doesn't require activation, it's gets activated automatically, in case if you face an issue with activation the you can get back to
    us.

For reference you can refer the link below and check if it helps (32 bit and 64 bit architect applies same to windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/32-bit-and-64-bit-windows#1TC=windows-7

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Genius islim 300x and windows 10 32 bit

1. Genius islim 300x and windows 10 32 bit - Similar Threads - Genius islim 300x

2. windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: hello, so recently I upgraded my computer to windows 10, but I did this while not knowing that I could get 64-bit as well, I've tried to download 64-bit on my upgraded computer via the media installation tool into my USB, but every time I do it, it says that windows cannot...
  3. windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: hello, so recently I upgraded my computer to windows 10, but I did this while not knowing that I could get 64-bit as well, I've tried to download 64-bit on my upgraded computer via the media installation tool into my USB, but every time I do it, it says that windows cannot...
  4. windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 32 bit Windows 10?

32 bit Windows 10?: Greetings. As a hobby I help a few of the older members of the community with their computers. I recently took in a computer to look at with the usual complaint that "its slow". What I did find upon investigation was that the system MAY have been upgrade to W10 from maybe W7...
  6. Windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

Windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: Hello, I've just bought windows 10 32 bit and released I need the 64 bit version instead will I be able to upgrade this or will I need to buy the 64 bit version instead...
  7. Window 10 64 bit to 32 bit

Window 10 64 bit to 32 bit: I recently purchased a new hard drive, and I installed windows 10 64 bit on my laptop (Inspiron 15 3000 series) and after that the laptop started runnin slow, unable to use my technical drawing apps and my games. my RAM is 4GB and I want to install windows 10 32 bit but...
  8. 32 bit or 64 bit window 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    32 bit or 64 bit window 10?: how can i find out if my Windows 10 Home is a 32 bit or 64 bit version? My laptop is a 64 bit operating system. I've looked at the "Settings -- System -- About" and all it tells me is that it is Windows 10 Home....
  9. Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?

Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?: Yesterday I installed windows 10 with 32-bit operating system, but now I want to change the operating system to 64-bit. I want to know if I can reinstalled windows 10 with 64-bit operating system? 11557
  10. Windows 10 (32 bit)?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 (32 bit)?: I heard a rumour that there won't be a 32 bit version of Windows 10. How likely is this to be true if not decided on as yet? Because I have a 32 bit desktop PC and I want Windows 10 on it. 2845