Windows 10: genric controller just shows up as usb firmware updater

Discus and support genric controller just shows up as usb firmware updater in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so i have a generic controller ive tried it blue tooth and wired. blue tooth just straight up refuses 2 show on my computer and wired shows up under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by natpanda, Aug 1, 2021.

1. natpanda Win User

genric controller just shows up as usb firmware updater

so i have a generic controller ive tried it blue tooth and wired. blue tooth just straight up refuses 2 show on my computer and wired shows up under other devises as "USB firmware updater" now ive been looking around and few people have this issue and no1 can fix it I did come across some1 from microsoft answering some1 with the same post as mine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-wired-gamepad-shows-as-usb-firmware-updater/9a250b05-f5ed-48ec-b514-ef2ff8971065 but the thread is locked and this does not work for me so ive had to make a new post here. on my old

:)

natpanda, Aug 1, 2021
  2. wiak Win User

Ver. 3.0.2.5 Firmware Update to NEC(Renesas) USB 3.0 controller-unloading fix

i got a ExpressCard that has 4015 firmware
    seems to work better with 2.1.19 driver than 3028 firmware on PCI Express x1 cards

FYI, i just updated the list and downloads for usb 3.0 drivers on my blog
    NEC/Fresco Logic USB 3.0 Controller Drivers

wiak, Aug 1, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Ver. 3.0.2.5 Firmware Update to NEC(Renesas) USB 3.0 controller-unloading fix

Firmware 4015 is for the newer µPD720200A.
    Firmware Version 3.0.2.8.0.8 is for the µPD720200.

So, if, you are running the correct firmware update for the chipset you have; then, make sure you have disconnected all devices from the USB chipset you are updating and re-boot.
    Install the firmware, re-boot, and re-connect your devices.

EDIT:
    No, not unless you are experiencing slow usb speeds, devices randomly disconnecting, windows not detecting USB ports(2.0 or 3.0 or both), or some other problem that may be fixed by the firmware update.

I have two seperate usb chipsets (one on the motherboard and an add-in card, both are the µPD720200 chips).
    One is running the 3.0.2.5 firmware and the other is on the 3.0.2.8.0.8 firmware.
    Neither is having any problems and run at their designed speed.

No need to update, unless it is needed.

However, you do want to keep your drivers up to date.*Smile genric controller just shows up as usb firmware updater :)

95Viper, Aug 1, 2021
  4. genric controller just shows up as usb firmware updater

PS3 and PSP firmware updated

Sony has updated the firmware for its two most recent consoles, with a few improvements for each. The PS3 firmware has been updated to version 1.70, which will enable gamers to play PS1 software purchased from the PlayStation Store (previously only playable on the PSP) and will allow the use of the vibration function of accessories when playing PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles (not PS3 games unfortunately, but a step forwards). The PlayStation Store still lists all classic titles as being for the PSP, but this may be changed when it’s updated later this week. As for the PSP, the firmware has been updated to version 3.40, with the most noticeable changes being improved support for PlayStation Network titles and a changed method for managing certificates under [Game]. Apparently with the new firmware, gamers can share save data between both consoles allowing PS1 titles to be continued on the move and at home.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

genric controller just shows up as usb firmware updater

1. genric controller just shows up as usb firmware updater - Similar Threads - genric controller shows

2. Control Panel-View Installed Updates no longer shows other program updates, just shows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel-View Installed Updates no longer shows other program updates, just shows...: Windows 10 control panel, view installed updates used to show all program updates. Windows 11, it now takes you to Windows updates only. How to see all other program updates?...
  3. Control Panel-View Installed Updates no longer shows other program updates, just shows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel-View Installed Updates no longer shows other program updates, just shows...: Windows 10 control panel, view installed updates used to show all program updates. Windows 11, it now takes you to Windows updates only. How to see all other program updates?...
  4. controller not showing up as a controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controller not showing up as a controller: so I'm tryna use ds4 and when i plug in my ps4 controller it didn't show up so i tried searching up how to fix that and i had to go into control panel and stuff and for the video i was watching his controller came up as wireless controller and mine came up as like unknown USB...
  5. controller not showing up as a controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    controller not showing up as a controller: so I'm tryna use ds4 and when i plug in my ps4 controller it didn't show up so i tried searching up how to fix that and i had to go into control panel and stuff and for the video i was watching his controller came up as wireless controller and mine came up as like unknown USB...
  6. controller not showing up as a controller

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Firmware is not showing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Firmware is not showing.: Firmware is not showing in device manager and still I haven't faced any problem, is there any problem may arise in future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firmware-is-not-showing/8ecb92ca-c727-4dc8-b4d0-581fe5a7a0ef
  8. usb wired gamepad shows as "USB Firmware Updater"

usb wired gamepad shows as "USB Firmware Updater": Hey, So I have a generic pc gamepad and when I connect it to my windows 10, it shows up as "usb firmware updater". I have looked for an answer for this, but can't find anyone with the same problem. windows doesn't even recognize it as a gamepad. I have tried connecting to...
  9. USB not showing up.

USB not showing up.: Hey, if anyone can help with this problem of mine, that would be great. I'm on Windows 10 with a Surface. I have an ExtremePro USB3.1 Type-C hard disk box. It was working perfectly fine until it fell off my bed and seemed to have disconnected from my cable. Ever since then,...
  10. Controller will not show up in bluetooth

Controller will not show up in bluetooth: I'm half asleep. this is frustrating. I got a Xbox one controller, regular Microsoft Xbox one controller, I follow the pathing to it's bluetooth location, it even says to click on this section for Bluetooth, I click it, click the button on the controller to make it pair, and...