Windows 10: 'Gently scratch to reveal product key' isn't scratchable on Windows 10 licence pink tape -...

Discus and support 'Gently scratch to reveal product key' isn't scratchable on Windows 10 licence pink tape -... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, just had a problem with figuring out how to reveal the Windows 10 product key after buying the OS through an OEM PC. TL&DR - look on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cj_42, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Cj_42 Win User

'Gently scratch to reveal product key' isn't scratchable on Windows 10 licence pink tape -...

Hi everyone, just had a problem with figuring out how to reveal the Windows 10 product key after buying the OS through an OEM PC.

TL&DR - look on your PC for the OEM sticker with the scratch panel if you end up with a pink tape in your licence key folder.

Details...

When I opened the Win 10 licence card it showed a pink tape with the instructions to 'Gently scratch to reveal product key' in picture below.

Seemed that no amount of scratching would reveal anything, went online and found questions like this one mentioning a pink tape but unresolved.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...duct-key/4e37ddf3-2afc-423d-801f-4e4a7a6e6a91

or this where people tried pulling up the tape instead, also unresolved.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/81220e0d-163f-4603-a76e-0c6a0bfebdc9?page=2

'Gently scratch to reveal product key' isn't scratchable on Windows 10 licence pink tape -... d9db99ad-93ca-4e07-bc9f-783aadc80cec?upload=true.jpg

Thankfully I'd bought more than one PC and had another licence key to open which looked like this:

'Gently scratch to reveal product key' isn't scratchable on Windows 10 licence pink tape -... ec2f285a-cf31-4156-b2e4-e49fc69a3baa?upload=true.jpg

Penny dropped - looked around the original PC and found where the OEM had pulled off the sticker with the grey scratch area and stuck it onto the machine. I should have realised that from the start but the case the licence key came in looked unopened so it threw me off the scent.

Given the first post I saw above had the same problem in December last year I figure others will still occasionally struggle with this if not familiar with the stickers.

:)

Cj_42, Aug 20, 2019
  2. GetFitDad Win User

Faulty scratch off reveals no product key

New computer with windows 10 installed. Have to scratch a pink scratch off to reveal product key to activate windows. There is no product key revealed after scratching off. What do I do?

GetFitDad, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Product key is scratched

Hi,

While scratching the "microsoft"sticker out of the new Windows 10 CD to reveal teh product Key, it's scratched and cannot be read

how can I install Windows on my new laptop?

EhabMattar, Aug 20, 2019
  4. 'Gently scratch to reveal product key' isn't scratchable on Windows 10 licence pink tape -...

Cant seem to find my product key

So basically I just bought a new pc setup from a computer store. They said mc office was already included. Didn't know I had to enter a product key and that kind of stuff to get mc office. So I got this little white Microsoft
    envelope with another white small card inside which contain a Microsoft cd and a pink sticker. above the sticker states "gently scratch to reveal product key". So I scratched. I then noticed nothing happened, so I scratched harder. Out of confusion, I then
    removed the pink sticker and literally got nothing. what do I do?

john365_095, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

'Gently scratch to reveal product key' isn't scratchable on Windows 10 licence pink tape -...

1. 'Gently scratch to reveal product key' isn't scratchable on Windows 10 licence pink tape -... - Similar Threads - 'Gently scratch reveal

2. What should I do when scratching the COA label does not reveal a product key for Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do when scratching the COA label does not reveal a product key for Windows 11...: I purchased Windows 11 Pro from Amazon.com Jan. 18, 2022 for $169 and installed it on my home built computer. After the installation it asked me to enter the Product Key which it said would be revealed by "Gently Scratching" the COA label. Scratching the COA label did not...
  3. What should I do when scratching the COA label does not reveal a product key for Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do when scratching the COA label does not reveal a product key for Windows 11...: I purchased Windows 11 Pro from Amazon.com Jan. 18, 2022 for $169 and installed it on my home built computer. After the installation it asked me to enter the Product Key which it said would be revealed by "Gently Scratching" the COA label. Scratching the COA label did not...
  4. Windows 10 Product Key issue while scratching to reveal

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Product Key issue while scratching to reveal: Hi Support, I've purchased a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM CD from the retail store here in India, While scratching the Product the sticker came off and resulted in the loss of a few characters. I've contacted Support through call and they've opened a case/ticket :...
  5. Product Key isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Product Key isn't working: Hi, my name is Naomi Faz I purchased a copy of windows 10 from ya'll last night Sept. 10th, but when i try to activate it the product key isn't working. The key that i received isn't activate the system. I was hoping ya'll could tell me whats going on...
  6. Reveal Installed Product Key

Reveal Installed Product Key: Hi, I am trying to find my Installed product by using the wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey. But after hitting the enter on administrator command prompt windows its displays nothing but empty whitespace and exit. can you please help me with...
  7. tried to scratch the the gray matter offf the the product key.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    tried to scratch the the gray matter offf the the product key.: I bought a Microsoft Office product from Walmart, when I went to scratch off the gray matter to display the product key the numbers came off with it. Is there some way to use the serial numbers to confirm the installation of my product online....
  8. Product Key & Digital Licence

Product Key & Digital Licence: Want to know what is the difference in having a product key of Window OS 'OR' having Digital License of the same. Invite the comments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-digital-licence/6beeebcc-3c92-4891-9220-5d7910b99ab6
  9. ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key?

ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key?: I upgraded from win7 to win10. I now want to move my system/installation to a new SSD drive. However whilst I have created a Windows 10 media installation disk i have been advised that i still need a licence key once Win10 installed on the new SSD. They have suggested...
  10. OEM Product Key - Tool Available To Reveal It

OEM Product Key - Tool Available To Reveal It: Newer PCs and laptops shipping with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 no longer come with a Certificate of Authenticity attached to the back or bottom of the PC. Instead, PC manufacturers have worked with Microsoft to embed the product key directly into the BIOS or EFI....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gently scratch to reveal product key

2. windows 10 gently scratch reveal key

3. windows 10 scratch to reveal product key

4. gently scratch to reveal product key windows 10,
  5. gently scratch to revel product key,
  6. gently scratch to reveal product key windows,
  7. says scratch to reveal product key but nothing to scratch,
  8. windows 10 key scratch,
  9. windows 10 gently scratch to reveal product key,
  10. scratched digital key how to activate windows pink,
  11. my profuct key for windows wont scratch,