Windows 10: Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating

Discus and support Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I own a digital download copy of Windows 10 purchased from their online store which I've been using for about a year. I've only just recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by David George UK, May 15, 2019.

1. Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating

Hello,

I own a digital download copy of Windows 10 purchased from their online store which I've been using for about a year. I've only just recently rebuilt my computer from scratch using the two existing hard drives on with all my files and programmes that I didn't want to get lost, re-loaded on and didn't need upgrading or replacing. Now that these hard drives are in my upgraded machine it has the grey ghosted text saying "Activate Windows" in the bottom right corner of the screen and it won't recognise the licence key I originally purchased anymore stating "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211"

Is there anything I can do to get my Windows activated and working again without needlessly purchasing another licence or copy?

I've already gone through the troubleshooting tool found under Settings and it says "We can't activate Windows 10 on this machine - try again later" and "Troubleshooting has completed - we weren't able to activate windows on this device" and this was done by clicking the link "I recently changed hardware on this device".

The online assistant tool gave a number to call for help, but it doesn't work from the United Kingdom.

Also, strangely my Windows 10 Home is now showing as Windows 10 Pro and it's requesting another £200 for me to purchase a new genuine licence, which I don't want to do because I will have just wasted the £99.99 for the Home version I originally purchased. I believe Windows Update may have done something to make my machine now show it registering as Windows 10 Pro but I don't know how else this might affect the activation process, other than making purchasing another licence key twice as expensive.

I read an article that said I should be able to transfer my licence key to this newly built machine because it is a genuine one purchased from the store, but I'm yet to work out how to do this.

Any help would be much appreciated, especially if you've had experience with an upgrade issue or a new machine, thanks.

Kind regards,
    David

:)

David George UK, May 15, 2019
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, May 15, 2019
  3. Problem with my activation in windows 10 - Genuinity

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to activate the copy of Windows 10 via phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.
    Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, May 15, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating

Windows not genuine problem

or maybe it's

that gives your OEM licens a activation problem *Big Grin Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating :D

puma99dk|, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating

1. Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating - Similar Threads - Genuine copy activating

2. Windows 10 Activation is Genuine or Not ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation is Genuine or Not ?: I have installed Microsoft Windows 10 Professional & Activated through the OS inbuilt activation portal (System Properties). Just through an Internet dongle. After the activation, We have executed “slmgr /xpr” command and check what is the activation status. It was...
  3. Activating Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop that had a Non Genuine Copy of Windows

Activating Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop that had a Non Genuine Copy of Windows: Hey Guys, Apologies for the long back story. So I purchased a used laptop from a guy, only to discover a non genuine version of windows 10 PRO on a laptop (Dell Inspiron 5755) that should have originally come with Window 10 HOME. So I quickly buy an OEM version of windows 10...
  4. Is our windows 10 Pro Edition genuinely activated

Is our windows 10 Pro Edition genuinely activated: Hi id like to know a 100% sure way to tell if our windows 10 machines are activated genuinely using an authentic licence code. We had a company install windows 10 pro on all our machines but we found a kms activation tool in some folders and this was detected as a Trojan. We...
  5. Genuinity of Windows 10

Genuinity of Windows 10: Some sellers are selling Windows 10 on Flipkart as low ₹1125/- and the product keys are working fine. Is there any fear of losing data on these products? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/genuinity-of-windows-10/99a1d1f5-0b47-4beb-899c-3a3050196d33"
  6. Windows not activating with a genuine key

Windows not activating with a genuine key: So my old setup died on me a couple of days ago. The board decided it was going to die in a spectacular fashion and took out my processor too. Luckily for me I had a spare board and chip so rebuilt the system yesterday. Obviously, because of the hardware change I had to...
  7. how do I check to see if a copy of windows 10 is genuine?

how do I check to see if a copy of windows 10 is genuine?: how do I check to see if a copy of windows 10 is genuine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-check-to-see-if-a-copy-of-windows-10-is/ebaba0cb-2048-4c3f-a1af-737088a49826"
  8. Windows 10 asking for activate my genuine copy.

Windows 10 asking for activate my genuine copy.: Some time ago I made the activation of my Windows 10 through the "Genuine ticket" method, as described on this page: https://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/30/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-directly-without-upgrade/ Now after a recent update my system started asking for activation...
  9. Windows asking for activate my genuine copy.

Windows asking for activate my genuine copy.: Some time ago I made the activation of my Windows 10 through the "Genuine ticket" method, as described on this page: https://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/30/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-directly-without-upgrade/ Now after a recent update my system started asking for activation...
  10. Cannot activate genuine copy after clean install

Cannot activate genuine copy after clean install: A friend of mine, who is a computer illiterate older lady, asked me to fix her laptop that her son gave her. It was a disaster. I decided that instead of trying to clean the OS, I would upgrade it from Windows 7 (genuine) to Windows 10. The upgrade icon on the taskbar was...