Windows 10: Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating

Discus and support Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I own a digital download copy of Windows 10 purchased from their online store which I've been using for about a year. I've only just recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by David George UK, May 15, 2019.

1. Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating

Hello,

I own a digital download copy of Windows 10 purchased from their online store which I've been using for about a year. I've only just recently rebuilt my computer from scratch using the two existing hard drives on with all my files and programmes that I didn't want to get lost, re-loaded on and didn't need upgrading or replacing. Now that these hard drives are in my upgraded machine it has the grey ghosted text saying "Activate Windows" in the bottom right corner of the screen and it won't recognise the licence key I originally purchased anymore stating "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211"

Is there anything I can do to get my Windows activated and working again without needlessly purchasing another licence or copy?

I've already gone through the troubleshooting tool found under Settings and it says "We can't activate Windows 10 on this machine - try again later" and "Troubleshooting has completed - we weren't able to activate windows on this device" and this was done by clicking the link "I recently changed hardware on this device".

The online assistant tool gave a number to call for help, but it doesn't work from the United Kingdom.

Also, strangely my Windows 10 Home is now showing as Windows 10 Pro and it's requesting another £200 for me to purchase a new genuine licence, which I don't want to do because I will have just wasted the £99.99 for the Home version I originally purchased. I believe Windows Update may have done something to make my machine now show it registering as Windows 10 Pro but I don't know how else this might affect the activation process, other than making purchasing another licence key twice as expensive.

I read an article that said I should be able to transfer my licence key to this newly built machine because it is a genuine one purchased from the store, but I'm yet to work out how to do this.

Any help would be much appreciated, especially if you've had experience with an upgrade issue or a new machine, thanks.

Kind regards,
    David

:)

David George UK, May 15, 2019
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, May 15, 2019
  3. Problem with my activation in windows 10 - Genuinity

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to activate the copy of Windows 10 via phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.
    Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, May 15, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating

Windows not genuine problem

or maybe it's

that gives your OEM licens a activation problem *Big Grin Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating :D

puma99dk|, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating

1. Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating - Similar Threads - Genuine copy activating

2. Is the copy of windows genuine?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is the copy of windows genuine?: and if not how it is linked to my account ? when I entered my account on laptop it showed me that windows is activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-copy-of-windows-genuine/b033c2c6-00dd-4357-8db6-a646fd9180fc
  3. Is the copy of windows genuine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the copy of windows genuine?: and if not how it is linked to my account ? when I entered my account on laptop it showed me that windows is activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-copy-of-windows-genuine/b033c2c6-00dd-4357-8db6-a646fd9180fc
  4. Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active: i got my HDD crashed and i replaced new one. I added windows 10 from shop and now saying it was a copy of many of users. how can i fix this. can i reinstall windows 10 without any data lose or something....
  5. Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active: i got my HDD crashed and i replaced new one. I added windows 10 from shop and now saying it was a copy of many of users. how can i fix this. can i reinstall windows 10 without any data lose or something....
  6. Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. copy of windows is not genuine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy of windows is not genuine: plsss helppp call 81780 96764 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-of-windows-is-not-genuine/aa28a989-8412-4349-aeac-748210471c9c
  8. copy of windows is not genuine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    copy of windows is not genuine: plsss helppp call 81780 96764 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-of-windows-is-not-genuine/aa28a989-8412-4349-aeac-748210471c9c
  9. Windows 10 asking for activate my genuine copy.

Windows 10 asking for activate my genuine copy.: Some time ago I made the activation of my Windows 10 through the "Genuine ticket" method, as described on this page: https://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/30/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-directly-without-upgrade/ Now after a recent update my system started asking for activation...
  10. Windows asking for activate my genuine copy.

Windows asking for activate my genuine copy.: Some time ago I made the activation of my Windows 10 through the "Genuine ticket" method, as described on this page: https://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/30/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-directly-without-upgrade/ Now after a recent update my system started asking for activation...