Windows 10: Genuine Windows and Windows 10

Discus and support Genuine Windows and Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This week we shared more details about Windows 10 “editions.” Today, I thought I would provide answers to some questions we’ve received regarding how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Dave44, May 14, 2015.

1. Dave44 Win User

Genuine Windows and Windows 10

Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...nd-windows-10/

Dave44, May 14, 2015

2. Sounds good to me. Sounds like even non genuine customers will get a discount offer. They didn't say it outright, but that's what I think will happen.

:)

alphanumeric, May 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, May 14, 2015
  4. Genuine Windows and Windows 10

Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, May 14, 2015
  5. linw Win User
    A discount makes sense. MS REALLY does want the vast majority to get onto a legit win 10.

6. GQMax Win User
    Legit is the key word. Discount FOR NON- genuine customers would be a gift.

GQMax, May 15, 2015
  7. A really good move by Microsoft if they do offer a discount to non genuine installs. Especially if it cleans up those PC's in the process.

alphanumeric, May 15, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

I posted this last night 23.00 my time, in Eight Forums, when I just got home from work, after Shawn posted the Blog, and Steve (popeye) liked it:

Cliff S, May 15, 2015
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Not really sure why some folks feel or even think that someone using a non-genuine (stolen) version of Windows should receive a free copy. . .just doesn't make sense to me. . .*really

10. BunnyJ New Member
    They may get a copy but not a license for that copy.. is it good.. I don't like it one bit.. but I don't run MS.

BunnyJ, May 16, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    Those that use fake windows and update it will be easier for MS to find.

12. The way I read it is, genuine = free upgrade, non genuine = possible discount. A non genuine system can upgrade to Windows 10 but it won't be activated/licensed, they won't get a free ride. They are going to have to pay for Windows 10. The question is, will it be full price or a limited time offer discount. That's my interpretation.

alphanumeric, May 16, 2015
  13. f14tomcat Win User

Most likely limited time for non-genuine, in keeping with MS desire to corral in all possible devices. They may offer a "limited amnesty", for a price, and give the pirates a chance to come clean. It could give MS some inexpensive PR, and bolster their M$. IMO.

f14tomcat, May 16, 2015
  14. The way I see it there are two kinds of pirates. Those that willingly try to cheat the system and get Windows for free, they can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned. Then there are those that got hoodwinked by somebody into installing a pirated version. Some may not even know their system is compromised. I all for Microsoft giving them a discount to get their system legal again. Especially if it gets cleaned up and put back in a safe condition in the process. If it does happen, I'm sure its going to be a limited time offer. Likely to expire when the free upgrade period ends.

alphanumeric, May 16, 2015
  15. f14tomcat Win User
    *Ditto All the winners win, and all the losers lose more.

f14tomcat, May 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Genuine Windows and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Genuine

2. Windows 11 Pro Key genuine check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Key genuine check: I bought a new PC to replace my 9-year-old one. The specs of the new PC areProcessor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-12600KF 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor The Windows that came with the new PC is a Windows 11...
  3. Windows 11 Pro Key genuine check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro Key genuine check: I bought a new PC to replace my 9-year-old one. The specs of the new PC areProcessor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-12600KF 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor The Windows that came with the new PC is a Windows 11...
  4. Can I use a Windows GGWA to upgrade a genuine windows installation?

Can I use a Windows GGWA to upgrade a genuine windows installation?: Can Windows GGWA be used to upgrade an already Genuine copy of Windows? usually from Home to Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-a-windows-ggwa-to-upgrade-a-genuine/9a18524a-c170-447f-81fe-ce55120328b2
  5. Can I use a Windows GGWA to upgrade a genuine windows installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a Windows GGWA to upgrade a genuine windows installation?: Can Windows GGWA be used to upgrade an already Genuine copy of Windows? usually from Home to Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-a-windows-ggwa-to-upgrade-a-genuine/9a18524a-c170-447f-81fe-ce55120328b2
  6. How to get Genuine pre-installed Windows 10 for my HP 15 DA0327TU ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get Genuine pre-installed Windows 10 for my HP 15 DA0327TU ?: I mistakenly deleted my windows 10 when I was trying to shift windows from HDD to M 2 NVMe pcie , I tried a lot but failed to find the solution, I downloaded Other windows version and installed with my Email as key for windows it is working well but Failed to get back all...
  7. How to get Genuine pre-installed Windows 10 for my HP 15 DA0327TU ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Genuine pre-installed Windows 10 for my HP 15 DA0327TU ?: I mistakenly deleted my windows 10 when I was trying to shift windows from HDD to M 2 NVMe pcie , I tried a lot but failed to find the solution, I downloaded Other windows version and installed with my Email as key for windows it is working well but Failed to get back all...
  8. How to get Genuine pre-installed Windows 10 for my HP 15 DA0327TU ?

9. Sir i got pirated window 11 pro but i had before win 11 home genuine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sir i got pirated window 11 pro but i had before win 11 home genuine: sir i my problem blue screen where my pc cannot re start it self then i went to the shop where i told him the problem then he installed win 11 pro . But it is cracked. My previous win was genuine win 11 Home . So can i get my genuine one back if i downgrade this to win 11...
  10. Sir i got pirated window 11 pro but i had before win 11 home genuine

Sir i got pirated window 11 pro but i had before win 11 home genuine: sir i my problem blue screen where my pc cannot re start it self then i went to the shop where i told him the problem then he installed win 11 pro . But it is cracked. My previous win was genuine win 11 Home . So can i get my genuine one back if i downgrade this to win 11...