Windows 10: Geo-blocked Websites used to work by changing DNS but no more

Discus and support Geo-blocked Websites used to work by changing DNS but no more in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For example https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ links dont load at all but i changed the DNS to Cloudfare, and it was fixed but, even after changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GDM Music, Dec 3, 2023.

1. GDM Music Win User

Geo-blocked Websites used to work by changing DNS but no more

For example https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ links dont load at all but i changed the DNS to Cloudfare, and it was fixed but, even after changing the DNS to some thing else, it doesn't work

:)

GDM Music, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Doc943 Win User

Bypassing Geo Blocking

I was about to suggest a subscription DNS service rather than VPN as I'm looking at it for Kodi use. I don't know much about it but possibly quicker speeds than the much over-worked 8.8.8.8

Doc943, Dec 3, 2023
  3. LVTHER Win User
    PC not blocking ads despite correct DNS configuration

winver: 22H2 19045.2965

I am seeking assistance regarding a peculiar issue I've been facing with my PC's ad-blocking setup. I have set up a Pi-hole server and have correctly configured my PC's DNS settings to point to the assigned DNS of the Pi-hole server. However, despite these settings, my PC still fails to block ads.

Here are the troubleshooting steps I have already tried:

• Verified DNS Configuration: I have double-checked and confirmed that my PC's DNS settings are correctly pointing to the Pi-hole server's DNS IP address.
    • Tested on Other Devices: To ensure it's not an issue with the Pi-hole server itself, I have tested ad-blocking functionality on other devices connected to the same network, such as another PC, both wired and wireless, and various cell phones. Ad-blocking works perfectly fine on these devices, confirming that the Pi-hole server is functioning as intended.
    • Previous Configuration with Docker: It's worth noting that I initially had Pi-hole installed on my PC using Docker, and it worked flawlessly in that setup. However, I later switched to using a separate device (Orange 3 LTS) dedicated to running the Pi-hole server. This is when the issue with my PC not blocking ads started occurring.

Considering the steps I've taken and the fact that ad-blocking functions properly on other devices, it appears to be an isolated problem with my PC. I'm puzzled as to why the DNS configuration is not taking effect on my PC specifically.

Geo-blocked Websites used to work by changing DNS but no more 391565d1685411732t-pc-not-blocking-ads-despite-correct-dns-configuration-dnsheadache.png

LVTHER, Dec 3, 2023
  4. z3r010 Win User

Bypassing Geo Blocking

It all depends on what you are trying to unblock, if one of them is netflix, you are pretty much out of luck as these days they are aggressively blocking all the geo workarounds, for pretty much everything else you can uses a premium DNS/VPN provider like Unblock US, Unlocator or Vypr.

z3r010, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

1. Geo-blocked Websites used to work by changing DNS but no more - Similar Threads - Geo blocked Websites

2. Geo-blocked Websites used to work by changing DNS but no more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Geo-blocked Websites used to work by changing DNS but no more: For example https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ links dont load at all but i changed the DNS to Cloudfare, and it was fixed but, even after changing the DNS to some thing else, it doesn't work...
  3. Family Safety Website is blocking approved School work websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family Safety Website is blocking approved School work websites: I have allowed the website: http://activities.mathletics.com but it still makes the child request every time he tries to access anything in his math website. So I added in further sites in case it didn't like the main website:...
  4. Blocking Websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocking Websites: I just need a way of communicating with a human being at Microsoft. 1 human being if possible. I've given up all hope of speaking with anyone I could understand. Email is the only way I can think of. It gives me the time to write, or respond to, any communication. I am 70...
  5. Website block

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Website block: Can you block websites without adim permissions? submitted by /u/Fforfamily [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcuokc/website_block/
  6. blocking website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocking website: how to block website on internet explorer and google chrome? on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-website/6e2fe5e9-582b-4de8-ac74-ef1a698aa38b
  7. block websites

in Windows 10 Support
    block websites: hello. i have an annoying set of websites showing ads popping up each time I visit a specific page. now i have already got the extensions 'ad block' and 'ad block plus' running in the background but on these websites it does not seem to pick up on anything. i have added the...
  8. Block Websites using Hosts File in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Block Websites using Hosts File in Windows: How to: Block Websites using Hosts File in Windows How to Block Websites using Hosts File in Windows The Hosts file is used by the operating system to map human-friendly hostnames to numerical Internet Protocol (IP) addresses which identify and locate a host in an IP...
  9. Bypassing Geo Blocking

Bypassing Geo Blocking: What's up guys? So I'm living out here in Japan and a lot of my content is blocked from the US. Webpages I always go to, internet radio, apps on my phone, etc. Lot of stuff is geo blocked. I was looking for a way around these blocks. Ive installed many VPN apps on my phone...
  10. Random websites in DNS cache..?

Random websites in DNS cache..?: Hey all, first of all - thanks for taking a look at my post. So I was having problems with a twitch stream and the error came up about "DNS probe failed" on chrome, looking this up revealed I needed to clean history on my chrome + clear out the dns cache with ipconfig...