Windows 10: Gerenic vs Retail keys Windows 10

Discus and support Gerenic vs Retail keys Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just activated Windows 10 with a Generic key (in a virtual machine), and it activated ok. however, i have seen mixes feelings as how exactly that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dssds1, Sep 24, 2018.

1. dssds1 Win User

Gerenic vs Retail keys Windows 10

I just activated Windows 10 with a Generic key (in a virtual machine), and it activated ok. however, i have seen mixes feelings as how exactly that is different to a Retail key..

Windows 10 can be installed and used for 30 days without a key, Product key is only needed for activation/digital license. which seems to alsp apply to generic keys as well..

So the question is, why did generic key activate. ? I assume these are legit keys, as Microsoft as articles on using these.

:)

dssds1, Sep 24, 2018

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    windows 10 key

I just did a deployment last night with a fresh 10 install using the newest ISO and a 7 Pro key, worked like a charm. Glad yours worked for you as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Gerenic vs Retail keys Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Gerenic vs Retail keys Windows 10

1. Gerenic vs Retail keys Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Gerenic Retail keys

2. Windows 10 RETAIL Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 RETAIL Key: Dear Concern and Reader,First of all, I hope whoever is reading this finds you well and in the best of health. Now, I have a question and hoping someone directly from Microsoft would reply or anybody who knows about RETAIL keys of Windows and software. I purchased Windows 10...
  3. Windows 10 RETAIL Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 RETAIL Key: Dear Concern and Reader,First of all, I hope whoever is reading this finds you well and in the best of health. Now, I have a question and hoping someone directly from Microsoft would reply or anybody who knows about RETAIL keys of Windows and software. I purchased Windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 RETAIL Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 Retail Key

Windows 10 Retail Key: Hello i have one question i buy a key Windows 10 pro Retail version but now i want to format my computer i have to unistall the product key from the cmd and after format with my usb? i download the media creation tool and put the windows inside or i just have to format...
  6. Retail vs Retail FPP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Retail vs Retail FPP: Hi there. I just came across a webshop that sells license keys. I bought 4 X Windows 10 Pro Retail keys. When done, I read that the shop says the key can only be activated one time and on one device only. To me that defeats the purpose of retail. Just to test I activated one...
  7. Windows 10 Retail Key

Windows 10 Retail Key: Hi I need to know is their any provision windows is selling a retail key of Windows 10 for lifetime validity I had found a guy on e-commerce site selling the Genuine Windows 10 Key at Rs. 299 Is this Genuine Or Someone is taking Advantage of Microsoft Name in India ....
  8. OEM VS retail

OEM VS retail: 1- what the good key for laptop DELL OEM VS Retail key ? And what is the difference between them ? 2 - Which of these two sites better buy genuine Windows version at an acceptable price and there are other sites better than them : A-...
  9. Windows 10 oem vs retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 oem vs retail: What is the difference between oem and retail version of windows 10. Is ti true that oem version can only install once and retail version can install as many times as needed ? 132851
  10. Windows 10 oem vs retail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 oem vs retail: What is the difference between oem and retail version of windows 10. Is ti true that oem version can only install once and retail version can install as many times as needed ? 132851

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oem vs boxed retail software