Windows 10: German Cherry keyboards, caps lock affects entire keyboard not just letter keys

Discus and support German Cherry keyboards, caps lock affects entire keyboard not just letter keys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a problem I've had with Windows 10 anytime I put a German keyboard on it. Nearly all of the keyboards have been "Cherry" brand, so I'm not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Michael`Rightmire, Jul 11, 2019.

1. German Cherry keyboards, caps lock affects entire keyboard not just letter keys

This is a problem I've had with Windows 10 anytime I put a German keyboard on it. Nearly all of the keyboards have been "Cherry" brand, so I'm not sure if that's a factor or not.

When using caps lock, every key on the keyboard is shifted (I.e. f->F, 1->!, 5->%, 0->=, etc.) This is crazy making (I keep typing things like 2CAPITAL WORDS2 instead of "CAPITAL WORDS".

Is there a way to have the caps lock affect ONLY the letter keys and not the entire keyboard.

NOTE: This only happens when I use a German keyboard set to German language. I don't want to just set it to English language, since I do want to be able to use the German specific keys, as well as the "alt-gr" key.

Thanks!

:)

Michael`Rightmire, Jul 11, 2019
  2. JimClose Win User

keyboArd mAkes only letter A cApitAl when cAps lock is off

Just up grAded to windows 10 pro now my keyboArd mAkes only letter A cApitAl when cAps lock is off

JimClose, Jul 11, 2019
  3. No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?

Hi:

According to the manufacturer's web site, there is no caps lock indicator on this keyboard:

Wireless Multimedia Keyboard Mouse - Wireless - Keyboards - IT PRODUCTS

{FWIW, the product web page does not specifically list Win10 as a supported OS, but they may or may not be relevant or significant.}

Keyboard

• Water resistant keypad
    • Key press force: 55g + 8g
    • 104 key standard QWERTY keyboard layout
    • RF power output: 1.6mW
    • Battery type: 2x AAA
    • Operating frequency: 2.4 GHz
    • Operating distance: up to 33ft (10m)
    • RF channel: 79 (hopping)
    • LED indicator: Low battery life
    • Dimensions: 19" (L) x 7 1/4" (W) x 1 3/4" (H)
    • 18 Hotkeys: Web Back, Web Forward, Web Stop, Refresh, Search, My Favorites, Home Page, Email, Media Player (not supported in Windows 2000), Play/Pause, Previous, Next, Stop, Volume down, Mute, Volume Up, My Computer (not supported in Windows Server 2003 (32-/64-bit) & Windows 2000), Calculator (not supported in Windows 2000)
    • Power requirements (battery):
      • Operating: 3V/~5.0mA
      • Standby (~3 sec no activity): 3V/~0.01mA

So, I guess I would go back to my original recommendation: return it and buy a KB with the features you want.
    That would seem -- ultimately -- to be the most satisfying solution.

But, it's up to you, of course.German Cherry keyboards, caps lock affects entire keyboard not just letter keys :)

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 11, 2019
  4. mobile1 Win User

German Cherry keyboards, caps lock affects entire keyboard not just letter keys

No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?

I got a new keyboard. It does not have a light that shows caps lock on or off.

And a desktop indicator no longer shows caps lock as being turned on or off.

How can I make Windows indicate the caps lock setting?

Thank you for your help.

mobile1, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

German Cherry keyboards, caps lock affects entire keyboard not just letter keys

1. German Cherry keyboards, caps lock affects entire keyboard not just letter keys - Similar Threads - German Cherry keyboards

2. Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard: I couldn't find anyone having the same issue anywhere on the internet, so I decided to ask this question. I have the problem that on my laptop, the caps lock key is not working for some specific keys. I have a German keyboard layout. These keys are: [^ ´ - <], brackets NOT...
  3. Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard: I couldn't find anyone having the same issue anywhere on the internet, so I decided to ask this question. I have the problem that on my laptop, the caps lock key is not working for some specific keys. I have a German keyboard layout. These keys are: [^ ´ - <], brackets NOT...
  4. Caps lock freezes keyboard

Caps lock freezes keyboard: Hi. When I press caps lock, my laptop keyboard freezes and it seems activates the Windows key at the same time. It also brings up speech recognition, multiple display function, and starts typing '8' on repeat if a text box is available. When I used a keyboard tester, it seems...
  5. Caps lock freezes keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps lock freezes keyboard: Hi. When I press caps lock, my laptop keyboard freezes and it seems activates the Windows key at the same time. It also brings up speech recognition, multiple display function, and starts typing '8' on repeat if a text box is available. When I used a keyboard tester, it seems...
  6. Caps Lock - keyboard problems

Caps Lock - keyboard problems: Randomly and intermittently - usually in the midst of writing a Word doc or Outlook client email, the keyboard starts acting strange. Caps and lower case function backwards entering upper case letters when I am trying to enter lower case. In addtion, keys like , and ' are...
  7. Locked letters on keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked letters on keyboard: i am unable to log in to my computer as the letters on the keyboard are locked. The figure keys are ok. I am using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-letters-on-keyboard/5ce1afb7-7445-4864-a312-66de7ff78d27
  8. keyboard caps lock

keyboard caps lock: hello when I type words in on my keyboard it will stay in the correct caps setting but when I change it it stays for about an extra 3-5 minutes before changing to the setting of the correct cap. this has become a problem as recently it has caused me to slow down when...
  9. German keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    German keyboard: Hello, Recently a keyboard language appeared out of nowhere in my windows, the German keyboard. [ATTACH] As you can see in the screenshot, the German keyboard appears despite not being reflected in the windows settings. I read in another post that I had to enter the...
  10. Keyboard caps lock

Keyboard caps lock: I have just bought a keyboard with larger characters on the keys and its good except for one small niggle. The warning light for caps lock is very small. I am a one fingered typist, and don't look at the screen until I have at least completed a sentence. This results in a lot...