Windows 10: German Data Protection Agency: Windows 10 1909 Enterprise Telemetry can be fully disabled

Discus and support German Data Protection Agency: Windows 10 1909 Enterprise Telemetry can be fully disabled in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Telemetry has been a hot topic ever since Microsoft released the first version of the company's Windows 10 operating system. Microsoft decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Feb 2, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

German Data Protection Agency: Windows 10 1909 Enterprise Telemetry can be fully disabled

Telemetry has been a hot topic ever since Microsoft released the first version of the company's Windows 10 operating system. Microsoft decided to integrate the collecting of data deeply into the operating system; so deep that the consumer editions Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro did not include options to turn off Telemetry completely. Even Enterprise and Education editions required Telemetry, but these came with a specific Telemetry setting just for these editions.

Home and Pro users can select between Full and Basic Telemetry levels; Basic limits the information that is transferred to Microsoft but it does not block the sending entirely. Enterprise and Education editions support a Security Telemetry setting that limits data collection and transferring significantly.

German Data Protection Agency: Windows 10 1909 Enterprise Telemetry can be fully disabled windows-10-diagnostic-data.png

Third-party tools and scripts to tame Windows 10's hunger for data are available and can be used.

The Bayerischen Landesamts für Datenschutzaufsicht -- Bavarian agency for data protection -- published its activity report for 2019 recently. The report includes information about an analysis of data collecting of Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909.

The report, which you can access here (German PDF) suggests that organizations who may buy Enterprise or Education editions of Windows 10 may disable the sending of Telemetry data entirely in Windows 10 version 1909.

Test setup was identical to other tests conducted to find out about the data sending of Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system. A Windows 10 version 1909 Enterprise system was set up in a lab; all traffic, incoming and outgoing, of the system was recorded and analyzed.

The telemetry level of the Windows 10 device was set to Security and tools/settings provided by Microsoft were used to eliminate telemetry activities.

The agency discovered that it is possible to deactivate the sending of Telemetry data on Windows 10 version 1909 Enterprise (and Education) machines completely in the lab environment.

The test results need to be verified in real-world scenarios according to the agency. Telemetry would not be an obstacle in regards to data protection on Enterprise or Education systems running Windows 10 if real-world tests confirm the finding.

The agency notes that the situation is different for Windows 10 Pro (and Home) systems as data collecting cannot be disabled completely in those editions of Windows 10.

Now You: do you run Windows 10? Have you made data collecting or Telemetry changes? (via Deskmodder)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post German Data Protection Agency: Windows 10 1909 Enterprise Telemetry can be fully disabled appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Feb 2, 2020

2. How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10

How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10

Windows 10 now comes with the telemetry feature enabled by default which collects all sorts of user activity and sends it to Microsoft. Unfortunately, Microsoft has provided no way to disable it completely using the Settings app for Home and Pro editions of Windows 10. Only Enterprise users can turn it off. Here is a solution for editions other than Enterprise to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10.

Read the full story at Winaero

Myself I went back to 8.1 which I only use rarely. My main OS is 7 Ultimate.

Indianatone, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User

Thanks fior the link. I'm doing this on my daily use Desktop since I don't want it in the Insider program. Will see what happens after I reboot.

Ztruker, Feb 2, 2020
  4. roy111 Win User

German Data Protection Agency: Windows 10 1909 Enterprise Telemetry can be fully disabled

Is this the telemetry data?

It's a mistery, and it's also very strange that in windows 10 enterprise and educational edition telemetry can be fully turned off,
    what could be the gain in doin so ?

roy111, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. German Data Protection Agency: Windows 10 1909 Enterprise Telemetry can be fully disabled - Similar Threads - German Data Protection

2. Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...: Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/uQFu654.png Both the Group Policy setting (and its corresponding Registry Editor setting) are applied to the old "Disable Telemetry" option. (Setting the GPO also sets the Registry setting.) But look here, at least in Build 21H1, Option 0...
  3. Disabling Telemetry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Telemetry: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license and feel strongly that as a paying customer rather than someone that was "gifted" a copy of the Home edition when I bought my laptop, I should have a degree of control over the operating system. I've disabled telemetry every time W10 is...
  4. How to Disable Telemetry & Data Collection in Windows 10 using Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable Telemetry & Data Collection in Windows 10 using Task Scheduler: [ATTACH]The Windows 10 Telemetry and Data Collection feature is auto-enabled and it collects all sorts of user activity and sends it to Microsoft. Microsoft says that the data collected only enhances the overall user experience and Windows functionality better - but the...
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry?: I was wondering if Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry, since I have seen my computer trying to make a request to "v10.data.microsoft.com" My computer has windows 10 enterprise update 2004 [ATTACH] This is what I see on my Pi-hole logs, Edge it's not supposed to do this since...
  6. Can you fully disable telemetry in windows 10 by using a reg edit?

Can you fully disable telemetry in windows 10 by using a reg edit?: I’ve heard a lot about windows telemetry lately, I’m wondering if there is anyway to fully get rid of it, or minimize it to be as little intrusive as possible. I heard you can disable it by using a registration edit, but I heard that it will just turn on in the next Windows...
  7. Is this the telemetry data?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this the telemetry data?: Is the data view-able inside Diagnostic Data Viewer telemetry data that gets sent to Microsoft? Currently on 1909. 146272
  8. How can i disable telemetry in windows 10 1909?

How can i disable telemetry in windows 10 1909?: submitted by /u/matteo_834 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7wb2z/how_can_i_disable_telemetry_in_windows_10_1909/
  9. Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable: I have gone through seemingly endless forums and posts about getting Microsoft out of my data and it seems that nothing is a true solution - by the time the computer starts up again, it is back to factory "steal my data" settings. I consult on a wide range of projects, and...
  10. How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10: How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10 Windows 10 now comes with the telemetry feature enabled by default which collects all sorts of user activity and sends it to Microsoft. Unfortunately, Microsoft has provided no way to disable it completely using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable telemetry windows 10 1909

2. windows 10 telemetry germany data protection