Windows 10: German keyboard on a UK machine

Discus and support German keyboard on a UK machine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought my new PC in the UK, I have a UK Microsoft account and all the setup specified the English language. However, the keyboard setting always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ABü, Apr 17, 2021.

1. ABü Win User

German keyboard on a UK machine

I bought my new PC in the UK, I have a UK Microsoft account and all the setup specified the English language. However, the keyboard setting always defaults to German. This is highly irritating and takes a while to fix every time. How can I fix this for good_

:)

2. Enabled UK keyboard layout not working

Hi Hugh,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the below steps and check if you are able to change keyboard to a UK layout. Follow the below steps.

• Type Region on the search bar and click on
      Region and language.

• Click on Add language and click on
      English
      and select UK eng.

• Click on the UK English and click on
      Option.

• Now click on add keyboard and select the
      keyboard.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 17, 2021
  3. keith_uk Win User
    Install UK Extended keyboard [ENG UKX] and remove UK keyboard [ENG UK]

Hi John,

I think maybe uploaded the wrong screen shot. I had been playing around with the adding and removing the UK keyboard as well as the extended keyboard.

The current situation is that I can remove the UK keyboard and then I only see the two options, UK Extended and Thai, as required.

However, the UK keyboard periodically reappears in the win+space list. When that happens, if go to the language options it is not displayed under the input options list (even though it appears win+space list). To fix it, I have to add the UK keyboard, then
    delete it.

keith_uk, Apr 17, 2021
  4. German keyboard on a UK machine

Keyboard settings (UK layout not working)

I have a UK layout keyboard (shift + 2 is "), but my computer insists on using US layout (shift + 2 is @). I use a Corsair STRAFE keyboard.

• In iCue (Corsair keyboard app), the layout is set to UK.
    • In Settings app, the system language is English UK. The Preferred language is English UK, and the keyboard has one layout, English UK.
      • If I add a US keyboard to it, and use Win + Space, two options show up to cycle through:
        • English (UK) - US Keyboard
        • English (US) - US Keyboard
    • In Control Panel main menu, there is only 'Clock and Region,' not 'Clock,
      Language
      , and Region.'
    Please any help would be great!

someguy171, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

German keyboard on a UK machine

1. German keyboard on a UK machine - Similar Threads - German keyboard machine

2. How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard: I recently purchased a 2. hand Lenovo ThinkPad T590 from Germany with a German Windows 10 Pro and German keyboard installed.I tried to change language to English and the keyboard layout to Danish. At first everything looked fine, but it shows up that there are a lot of German...
  3. UK KEYBOARD !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UK KEYBOARD !: Hi, was using my laptop this morning and realised the two keys @ and " where the opposite away around ! I clicked on the icon in the taskbar and it was showing "English united states US keyboard. I changed back to UK keyboard and everything OK again. When I turn the laptop...
  4. UK KEYBOARD !

UK KEYBOARD !: Hi, was using my laptop this morning and realised the two keys @ and " where the opposite away around ! I clicked on the icon in the taskbar and it was showing "English united states US keyboard. I changed back to UK keyboard and everything OK again. When I turn the laptop...
  5. UK KEYBOARD !

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Entering German characters quickly on a UK laptop

Entering German characters quickly on a UK laptop: I have a UK laptop a Surface Book 2 with a UK layout, and I am learning German. That means I will regularly need to enter characters that are not present on the keyboard, and I am looking for an easy.Charmap is impractical, as are the arcane three-digit character codes, and...
  7. Entering German characters quickly on a UK laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entering German characters quickly on a UK laptop: I have a UK laptop a Surface Book 2 with a UK layout, and I am learning German. That means I will regularly need to enter characters that are not present on the keyboard, and I am looking for an easy way to do that that uses the UK layout.Charmap is impractical, as are the...
  8. Figuring out the german keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Figuring out the german keyboard: I am trying to get used to my laptop and the german keyboard is confusing me a little bit. For example, I haven't figured it out how to type @ yet. I tried to find a guide to the german keyboard on windows 10 but i can't seem to. It'd be great if anyone could help me out. I'm...
  9. German keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    German keyboard: Hello, Recently a keyboard language appeared out of nowhere in my windows, the German keyboard. [ATTACH] As you can see in the screenshot, the German keyboard appears despite not being reflected in the windows settings. I read in another post that I had to enter the...
  10. UK Keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UK Keyboard layout?: I just ordered a laptop, and after placing the order I realized it had a UK keyboard layout. Is this going to be an issue here in the US. It is a Google Pixelbook. 122871