Windows 10: German Language

Discus and support German Language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My facebook is now in German - how do I get English back. Someone advices go to arrow top right of facebook s creen etc - problem is its all in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdrianStone2, May 7, 2019.

1. German Language

My facebook is now in German - how do I get English back. Someone advices go to arrow top right of facebook s

creen etc - problem is its all in German

:)

AdrianStone2, May 7, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, May 7, 2019
  3. Change User intreface language and keyboard from German to English

Hello nelson,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you further.

In this case, there can be two possibilities:

• Windows 10 came preinstalled in your PC in German language.
    • A separate German Language Interface pack is installed.

Please be informed that if Windows 10 was preinstalled in German Language, you will need to download and install a language pack for English. OEMs can add language packs to localize PCs and devices for customers in different regions.

The interface, if it is entirely in German, you will have to rely on your intuition to navigate and apply the following changes in Windows.

1. Go to Start Menu and click Settings.

2. In Settings, select Time & Language, then
    Region & Language on the left pane, click Add Language on the right pane

3. Browse to language you want to add. Notice that languages are listed in alphabetical order according to the default Windows language, in this case English.

4. If the language you have selected has local variations, click the main language then select the one you’d prefer from subselection.

5. When you have added the languages you need it’s time to install the Language Packs. Select a language, click
    Options and click on Download.

6. Go back to Language Selection page. If you want to change the language of the user account you are currently using, select a language, click then
    Set as Primary.

7. To apply a display language change sign out from your user account and sign back in to Windows.

Next, you also need to add a different keyboard layout for English. Follow the below steps.

• Settings -> Time & Language -> Region & Language

In the dialog box, under Language area, click on English (United States)
    • Click on Options button. In the resulting dialog box, click on the Add a Keyboard. Now select the keyboard from the list provided.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 7, 2019
  4. German Language

How to add English/ German language packs on Windows 10?

Hi Sveta,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

I suggest you to try the below steps to change/add the language and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click Settings. Select the
      Time and Language Icon.
    • In the next window, click Region and Language. Click
      Add A Language
    • Select the language (English/ German) you want to use. This will add the language to the
      Region and Language window.
    • Click the Language that you added and select the Add As Default button. You can also click the
      Options Button and add a keyboard for the new language.

Reference: Language packs

Also, refer to Language Control Panel to change the system language.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2019
Thema:

German Language

1. German Language - Similar Threads - German Language

2. Why I can't use Copilot on the latest Win11 23H2 22631.3085 German language system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't use Copilot on the latest Win11 23H2 22631.3085 German language system: More inform:1 The Edge browser has been upgraded to the latest version 121.0.2277.83, and can find Copilot in Edge2 Microsoft account is also logged in3 Copilot is not displayed on the taskbar, and can't find it in "Settings--Personalization--Taskbar"...
  3. Why I can't use Copilot on the latest Win11 23H2 22631.3085 German language system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I can't use Copilot on the latest Win11 23H2 22631.3085 German language system: More inform:1 The Edge browser has been upgraded to the latest version 121.0.2277.83, and can find Copilot in Edge2 Microsoft account is also logged in3 Copilot is not displayed on the taskbar, and can't find it in "Settings--Personalization--Taskbar"...
  4. Cannot uninstall German Language pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall German Language pack: I bought a new laptop in Germany. But I am not using the German language. Wanted to remove the German language from the language tab. While it is present in the language shortcut, I cannot uninstall the German Language pack at Settings->Time & Language->Region & Language tab....
  5. Cannot uninstall German Language pack

Cannot uninstall German Language pack: I bought a new laptop in Germany. But I am not using the German language. Wanted to remove the German language from the language tab. While it is present in the language shortcut, I cannot uninstall the German Language pack at Settings->Time & Language->Region & Language tab....
  6. how to change default language in windows 11 from German to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change default language in windows 11 from German to English: I have a computer. that has German as its default language. I would like to change the default language from German to English. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-language-in-windows-11-from/f8268e2d-feb3-4a6c-8d0f-166b84d2c45c
  7. how to change default language in windows 11 from German to English

how to change default language in windows 11 from German to English: I have a computer. that has German as its default language. I would like to change the default language from German to English. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-language-in-windows-11-from/f8268e2d-feb3-4a6c-8d0f-166b84d2c45c
  8. Ability to add new display language - Windows 11 Home 11 FPP German

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ability to add new display language - Windows 11 Home 11 FPP German: Good day everyone,i decided to buy a new boxed copy of Windows 11 Home. The version description is Windows 11 Home 64 FPP German USB.WIN HOME FPP 11 64-BIT GERMAN USBI already own two devices with preinstalled Windows 11 were delivered with only german language...
  9. Ability to add new display language - Windows 11 Home 11 FPP German

Ability to add new display language - Windows 11 Home 11 FPP German: Good day everyone,i decided to buy a new boxed copy of Windows 11 Home. The version description is Windows 11 Home 64 FPP German USB.WIN HOME FPP 11 64-BIT GERMAN USBI already own two devices with preinstalled Windows 11 were delivered with only german language...
  10. Base Filter Engine and Windows Defender Firewall services stop working when German Language...

Base Filter Engine and Windows Defender Firewall services stop working when German Language...: We have recently run into a problem with Windows 10 v21H2 whereby changing the Welcome screen and new user account international settings + system locale to German Germany stops the Base Filter Engine service and Windows Defender Firewall service from starting.Without these...