Windows 10: Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings.

Discus and support Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to disable and enable few gestures. But when I go on setting page and I am lost because there no options to do so and I am pretty sure my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KeraJensi, Jul 19, 2020.

1. KeraJensi Win User

Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings.

I want to disable and enable few gestures. But when I go on setting page and I am lost because there no options to do so and I am pretty sure my laptop does supports gesture features.

Please help me in that. It will be a great help to me.

:)

KeraJensi, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to find Gestures settings for Touchpad on your computer. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

The touchpad gesture settings depends on the model of the laptop that you are using.

For us to investigate more on this, please share the details requested below:

• Were you able to find the gesture settings earlier?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop that you are using?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 that you are using currently? To check type
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

However, as you have already tried updating the Touchpad drivers, I would suggest you to check if there any pending Windows updates on the computer. You can navigate to
    Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> Check for updates.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 19, 2020
  3. COS
    Cos Win User
    Missing gesture on Elantech touchpad.

Hello! A while ago, i had installed win10 on my laptop and was satisfied enough with it. It had some issues with sound latency and touchpad stopped working after about a month without reboot, but in general it worked fine for me. Also touchpad had some cool gestures, such as "continuous dragging" - if i'm dragging a window and my finger get close to the border of touchpad, i could put second finger on touchpad and continue dragging. I was using it quite frequent because it is useful with multiple displays. And it was worked good. Until yesterday.
    Windows has decided that it's time for update and in the morning when i turn on my laptop it started updating and after that all began falling apart. I couldn't find this gesture anymore, now when i dragging a window, if second finger touches touchpad, it stop dragging and think i'm trying to scroll, in device manager touchpad displayed as HID mouse, and after 6 hours keyboard stopped work. >.< That's why i "love" microsoft update policy.
    I've made a clean install today, tried some touchpad drivers and still missing this gesture. In windows settings all touchpad settings turned on.

Does anyone know how to turn it on?
    Thank you and sorry for my bad English.

4. Anne Ros Win User

Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings. - Similar Threads - Gesture options are

2. Touchpad gesture settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad gesture settings: Hello! My gestures settings was gone and I don't know how to fix it, I tried updating the drivers multiple times, but the touchpad gesture settings was still not showing. the reset button was not showing either, I even tried to reformat my device but nothing happens.. i just...
  3. Touchpad gesture settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad gesture settings: Hello! My gestures settings was gone and I don't know how to fix it, I tried updating the drivers multiple times, but the touchpad gesture settings was still not showing. the reset button was not showing either, I even tried to reformat my device but nothing happens.. i just...
  4. Touchpad gesture settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Touchpad gestures can't work and missing from the settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad gestures can't work and missing from the settings.: All day I left my position in a state of sleep. When I put it back on, my touchpad suddenly died. I tried various ways to turn it back on, but the toggle on/off in my settings somehow disappeared. Even though I have never touched that part at all from the first time I bought...
  6. Touchpad gestures can't work and missing from the settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad gestures can't work and missing from the settings.: All day I left my position in a state of sleep. When I put it back on, my touchpad suddenly died. I tried various ways to turn it back on, but the toggle on/off in my settings somehow disappeared. Even though I have never touched that part at all from the first time I bought...
  7. Gesture on the touchpad is missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Gesture on the touchpad is missing: I have laptop Acer Aspire E 14 E5-476G my touchpad gesture is not working after I have reinstalled the window 10 pro by bootable usb. how to fix it now? [ATTACH]...
  8. Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings: Settings for my touchpad are awfully limited. On the previous laptop that I owned there was an extensive menu for enabling and disabling touchpad gestures. A search on this Windows Support forum yeilded a topic that directed you on how to update drivers within the Device...
  9. Touchpad gesture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad gesture: Hi, I just installed a new windows 10 on my laptop but my touchpad gestures are not working. Can you please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-gesture/2f2fc9f1-d1db-4309-a3a9-e233dc3c82b7
  10. Missing gesture on Elantech touchpad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing gesture on Elantech touchpad.: Hello! A while ago, i had installed win10 on my laptop and was satisfied enough with it. It had some issues with sound latency and touchpad stopped working after about a month without reboot, but in general it worked fine for me. Also touchpad had some cool gestures, such as...