Windows 10: Gestures on Mousepad

Discus and support Gestures on Mousepad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been able to disable most mousepad gestures (e.g. scrolling, zooming, etc.) by going to Settings, Devices, Mouse and Touchpad, Additional Mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rwrigley, Dec 11, 2015.

1. rwrigley Win User

Gestures on Mousepad

I have been able to disable most mousepad gestures (e.g. scrolling, zooming, etc.) by going to Settings, Devices, Mouse and Touchpad, Additional Mouse Options, Click Pad Settings and deselecting the various options (I do not want the mousepad to do anything except move the cursor around and click on things). However, whenever I shut down and restart my computer, these options are automatically re-enabled. How can I disable them permanently?

:)

rwrigley, Dec 11, 2015
  2. juzone Win User

Windows 10 mouse keeps flickering busy

i have an asus q502la laptop all i did was update to the latest mousepad driver {asus smart gesture} that was pre installed on my laptop and problem gone!!

juzone, Dec 11, 2015
  3. upgraded to Win 10 and cannot scroll using mousepad

I got the same problem (without a soloution). But I wanted to pointout that no gestures what so ever is working. The only this my mousepad can do now is moving and clicking with the mouse.

AbuskeijChristensen, Dec 11, 2015
  4. CyFi6 Win User

Gestures on Mousepad

CyFi6, Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

Gestures on Mousepad

1. Gestures on Mousepad - Similar Threads - Gestures Mousepad

2. I keep accidentally triggering Task View even though it and gestures are completely disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep accidentally triggering Task View even though it and gestures are completely disabled: I absolutely despise Task View, and have done everything I can to prevent triggering it when using my touchpad keyboard. I have: Hidden the Task View button Disabled Task View in the registry Turned off all gestures on my touchpad Turned off tap-to-click on my touchpad It...
  3. My cursor has disappeared and touchpad gestures do not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My cursor has disappeared and touchpad gestures do not work.: I have an acer swift laptop. Out of the blue during a browsing session, my cursor froze. Touchpad gestures also didn't work. I tried to restart and the cursor was just frozen in the centre of the screen instead. I went to device manager, went to 'mice and other pointing...
  4. Touchpad middle click not working for gestures

Touchpad middle click not working for gestures: I have my Windows Precision touchpad configured so it does the middle click when I do a 3 finger tap. It was working on my touchpad before. In the past week or so, it has not been working. I am able to do other actions with the 3 finger tap like activate Windows search. For...
  5. touch pad two finger scroll and other gestures suddenly stopped working...help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    touch pad two finger scroll and other gestures suddenly stopped working...help: as the tile said touch pad stopped working plz help i use synaptics touch pad driver tried going to mouse setting but no setting to enable scroll was found sorry for the bad typing its kinda late and im really tried and frustrated about this...
  6. Another look at gestures-focused Windows 10 X

in Windows 10 News
    Another look at gestures-focused Windows 10 X: Windows 10 X is Microsoft’s new operating system for dual-screen devices and it’s reportedly coming to traditional laptops at some point. Windows 10 X was originally announced at Microsoft’s Surface event on October 2, and PC makers are now publicly showing off their devices...
  7. Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings: Settings for my touchpad are awfully limited. On the previous laptop that I owned there was an extensive menu for enabling and disabling touchpad gestures. A search on this Windows Support forum yeilded a topic that directed you on how to update drivers within the Device...
  8. This is Windows 10 X with new notification center, gestures

in Windows 10 News
    This is Windows 10 X with new notification center, gestures: When Microsoft took the wraps off Windows 10 X, there was no mention of the OS coming to the traditional laptops, notebooks or desktops other than the dual-screen devices like Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold, Surface Neo or Dell’s Concept Duet. A leak published in 2019 revealed...
  9. Reduce Sensitivity on Presicion Touchpad gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reduce Sensitivity on Presicion Touchpad gestures: Three finger slide gesture to change apps is way too sensitive. Have to slowly slide fingers to hit the windows I actually want to open when I have more than 2 windows/apps open, if not it slides all the way to last app in the list. Any way to adjust the sensitivity? Thanks....
  10. Haier Y11c Laptop's Touch pad smart gestures not working.

Haier Y11c Laptop's Touch pad smart gestures not working.: I am having this issue for sometime. I have Haier Y11C Laptop and the smart gestures like double finger scrolling etc of its touch pad are not working the driver installed for touch pad is FocalTech Pointing device driver. i tried installing other drivers like synaptics and...