Windows 10: Get a blank page in file explorer

Discus and support Get a blank page in file explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello.When I type something into the address bar in file explorer I just get a blank page. For example I tried this %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dafydd, May 13, 2016.

1. dafydd Win User

Get a blank page in file explorer

Hello.When I type something into the address bar in file explorer I just get a blank page.
    For example I tried this %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows the green bar came from the left to right and the page was blank,Its always blank what ever I place in the address bar.
    Any help Please. Acer E1-572 laptop windows 10 home.

:)

dafydd, May 13, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, May 13, 2016
  3. Icons in File Explorer Appearing as a Blank Page in Windows 10

Glad that I was able to help,feel free to get assistance regarding any other issue Get a blank page in file explorer :)

Sumit Dhiman2, May 13, 2016
  4. johnpd Win User

Do you have folder views set up to see system or hidden folders?

JohnD

johnpd, May 14, 2016
  5. dafydd Win User
    How would I know that,Where are the settings for that.
    Many Thanks.

dafydd, May 14, 2016
  6. johnpd Win User
    The folder you mentioned is normally hidden. To access it using File Explorer, go to "Control Panel" > "Folder Options" > "View" tab and see what is set for "Hidden files and folders" and possibly "Hide protected operating system files". If you change the first one to "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" that may be enough. If not, uncheck the second one as well. Be careful when in these areas as you can mess up your computer if you change something you should not.

JohnD

johnpd, May 14, 2016
  7. dafydd Win User
    Hi Thanks will have a look later on.Will let you know how it goes.*Cool

dafydd, May 14, 2016
  8. dafydd Win User

Thanks sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
    Just wanted to make sure it was working over a few days.It did the trick
    David.*Smile

dafydd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Get a blank page in file explorer - Similar Threads - blank page file

2. File explorer ribbon blank not hidden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer ribbon blank not hidden: This window is maximized, but I cannot access most of the ribbon or minimize/maximize/close or navigation buttons. Sometimes this happens in Chrome and can be fixed by F11 full screen open and close. However, that does not work in file explorer. It's such a pain not to have...
  3. File explorer is completely blank

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer is completely blank: Every section of my file explorer is now completely blank. I can still access all my files but I can't see any of them. I haven't downloaded anything recently. My windows version number is build 19041.1052. Thanks 182496
  4. file explorer got blank

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file explorer got blank: I just installed the sound changer for windows and then this happened I don't know why please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/file-explorer-got-blank/a4da69d8-b572-414f-b391-1ff666c8b5c6
  5. File Explorer is Blank????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer is Blank????: The problem is that everything is blank. When I try to open it to upload a picture in places like discord or here, it works fine, but when I open File Explorer on its own it has this issue. I've tried to go to the "view" menu and reset defaults, I've tried a command prompt...
  6. Blank Pages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Pages: Hp officejet 8030e Laptop - Asus Vivobook OS - Windows 10 Relaced the ink tank in my printer, but I am still unable to print. There is a printing tone, and paper is inserted, but nothing is printed. I'm completely oblivious to what's going on. I've also done a full reset...
  7. Files won't show. File explorer blank

Files won't show. File explorer blank: I've been working on my computer all day. Just an hour or two ago it started slowing down. I made sure every thing was okay in my task manager and then I scanned for viruses, but nothing turned up. I've repeated those things several times, and i still lag/won't see any files...
  8. Open file explorer with quick access blank page

in Windows 10 Support
    Open file explorer with quick access blank page: I got a blank page when I open explorer which is set to open on quick access see screenshot 155878
  9. File Explorer ribbon is blank

File Explorer ribbon is blank: [ATTACH]A couple days ago after Windows did an update, suddenly the Ribbon in File Explorer is always blank. Have done few more updates, hoping it would sort itself out, but it hasn't. Also started in Safe Mode, and it the issue is still there....
  10. File Explorer Icons blank

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Icons blank: After reinstalling Windows 10 my Word and data file icons were blank. I found in C:\windows\SHELLNEWthat the WINWORD8.DOC icon was blank so I changed it to the correct icon and itfixed my problems! See image: 90226

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get a blank page in file explorer