Windows 10: Get a location of application in open with list of Windows 10

Discus and support Get a location of application in open with list of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today after system restore I found a suspicious application with the name %1 in open with list of application that can open JPG images. So, I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mandar sadye, May 24, 2019.

1. Get a location of application in open with list of Windows 10

Today after system restore I found a suspicious application with the name %1 in open with list of application that can open JPG images. So, I want to know where this application installed on my hard-drive. I tried searching in the registry but there were very many entries with %1 in their name and soon found my self going nowhere. Windows search doesn't give any results for %1. So, is there any other better way to find application rather than going through the registry?

Get a location of application in open with list of Windows 10 6ffdf955-695f-44ce-b6fa-b48559834356?upload=true.png

I also tried running following command after setting %1 application as the default application. But as evident from the following image, it didn't work.

Get a location of application in open with list of Windows 10 50bec7da-adbb-43e6-bead-6114eb2112eb?upload=true.png Thank you for your attention.

:)

mandar sadye, May 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, May 24, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Get a location of application in open with list of Windows 10

Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when the computer doesn’t work properly. However, we will need some information from you:

• Are you facing this issue with all the applications or with specific application?

You can change the size for opening of the program as Normal Window, Maximized or Minimized. Please follow the steps mentioned below to change the settings:

• Right click on the icon of the application and click on Properties.
    • Under Run select the size of the window from the drop-down list.
    • Now, click on Apply and OK.

Ideally, the applications are opened on the same position on the screen as they were closed last time. This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to create a new user account, and
    check if the issue persists. Follow the steps from the article
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10 to create
    a new user account.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Get a location of application in open with list of Windows 10

1. Get a location of application in open with list of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - location application open

2. ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list: On my Windows 11 installation when I use ALT+TAB to switch between open applications I weirdly also get the taskbar listed as an open application:When I try to close it the taskbar application i get the following shutdown screen:...
  3. ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list: On my Windows 11 installation when I use ALT+TAB to switch between open applications I weirdly also get the taskbar listed as an open application:When I try to close it the taskbar application i get the following shutdown screen:...
  4. Windows 10 applications not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 applications not opening: Basically all of the apps in the right that are not highlighted in the screen shot don't open at all can someone please tell me how to make it work eg: photos, microsoft store, weather, mail and so on...
  5. "Open File location" from Jump List Property

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Open File location" from Jump List Property: In Windows 7, I used to be able to right click on a jumplist item and then select "Open File Location".In windows 10 that extremely useful feature has disappeared. How can I get it back?...
  6. "Open file location" not an option for some applications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Open file location" not an option for some applications?: Why can I not open the file location of programs such as spotify or Itunes? submitted by /u/mememcmemeface [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhturn/open_file_location_not_an_option_for_some/
  7. Windows 10 Locked toolbars in Taskbar Extension list locations not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Locked toolbars in Taskbar Extension list locations not opening: When I click on the expand list button in toolbars in the taskbar like in the below pictures, I get a list of everything in the location, but i am unable to do anything with it except see it: I cant open any file or folder, but i can expand arrows and see subfolders. What...
  8. have application window always open in the same location?

in Windows 10 Support
    have application window always open in the same location?: every time I open the "application" the window is always in a different spot, is there any way to get it to always open in the upper left corner, without any 3rd party software? Like a shortcut script or something? any help is greatly appreciated! Windows Version Number...
  9. Location Of Windows Application Icon's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location Of Windows Application Icon's: Hi, Before I forget, here's my system spec's: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 2004, Build 19041.208 , somehow I didn't get all of my system icon's changed (such as windows security, etc.) I have the file's that contain all of the new icon's. This morning I've been trying to...
  10. Windows 10 default applications location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 default applications location: Hi. I just got Xbox Game Pass and wanted to install a game from it. However when I want to install on any drive other than C it asks me to change default applications location as chosen drive is not configured. When I then try to change it it warns me that there are...