Windows 10: get a message to turn on windows defender

Discus and support get a message to turn on windows defender in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so now i'm getting a notice to turn on windows defender when i click it i get another message page not available but i'm the admin and sign in as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by corvairbob, Jun 20, 2021.

1. get a message to turn on windows defender

so now i'm getting a notice to turn on windows defender when i click it i get another message page not available but i'm the admin and sign in as admin. so in looking at the security page i don't see antivirus in there but i do see defender and it is turned on. so anyone know why i get that message and why this ps thinks i;m not the admin. thanks windows defender turned on

:)

corvairbob, Jun 20, 2021

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Jun 20, 2021
  3. windows defender turned off.....................

@atramsuraj: You can
    read this post
    and follow the given steps to re-enable your Windows Defender. And, by the way:

• What OS are you running?
    • Are you also using 3rd-party security program? If so, please consider disabling it, as some could turn off Windows Defender automatically.

nofoistapp, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

get a message to turn on windows defender

Windows Defender of Windows 10 stoped working and is not turning on

Hello NasirMahmood1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

Have you installed any third party anti-virus software?

Step 1: Turn Windows Defender Service On.

Initially, we need to check with the status of
    Windows Defender Service which might be stopping the defender to turn on.

• Press Windows key + R and type
      services.msc and press Enter key.
    • Search for Windows Defender Service and check if it has been started.
    • Right click on Windows Defender Service and click on
      Restart.

Step 2: Turn On Windows Defender Antivirus using Group Policy.

As you are on Windows 10 Pro build, I would suggest
    gpedit.msc
    settings from the following link and set it to Disabled or not configured to
    turn on real time protection setting. Follow the steps mentioned under
    Disable real-time protection from the article-
    Enable and configure antivirus always-on protection and monitoring

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

get a message to turn on windows defender

1. get a message to turn on windows defender - Similar Threads - message turn defender

2. Windows defender will not turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender will not turn on: I had a third party app AVG that was trying up my disk space. So, I removed it. Now I can not get the Windows Defender to turn o? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-will-not-turn-on/d1f1abf6-0daa-42c8-8b32-b151cac3d6d2
  3. get a message to turn on windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    get a message to turn on windows defender: so now i'm getting a notice to turn on windows defender when i click it i get another message page not available but i'm the admin and sign in as admin. so in looking at the security page i don't see antivirus in there but i do see defender and it is turned on. so anyone know...
  4. Windows Defender not turning on

Windows Defender not turning on: Recently, i have just found out that I have gotten viruses after installing malwarebytes and running a scan. My malwarebytes free trial has expired and I am looking to switch back to windows defender. When trying to turn on realtime protection, it won't let me. I have tried...
  5. windows defender will not turn on

windows defender will not turn on: windows defender will not turn on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-will-not-turn-on/340bc7b5-a576-4890-9e8d-eaa1e34a87c5"
  6. Windows Defender is not turning ON

Windows Defender is not turning ON: The mandated Defender for Windows 10 in my system is not turning ON. If i try to do it manually the option seems to exist in gray and doesn't allow me to turn it on. I tried various methods suggested by Microsoft to rectify this problem but with no success. Please sugegst me...
  7. Turn on Windows Defender

Turn on Windows Defender: i cant see the botton to turn on my windows defender.please help me fix it. [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-on-windows-defender/a8c4a89f-07d3-4812-bc4f-6d8a8cb4829f
  8. I am getting this message windows defender error code

I am getting this message windows defender error code: I am trying to get into my computer it is saying windows defender error code 0x80093acf The computer is locked and is asking for a password can anyone help me....
  9. get message "Windows defender antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by...

get message "Windows defender antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by...: As it states above I have notification telling me Windows defender anti-virus is turned off but I cannot change this because my system admin is blocking me. This is on my private laptop and I am the system admin. I'm not part of an organisation....
  10. Can't disable "Windows Defender: This app is turned off..." Message

Can't disable "Windows Defender: This app is turned off..." Message: Hello! I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently on two separate PCs. After the upgrade, I installed Bit Defender Internet Security on both of them. My problem though is with only one of the two machines. On one of the PC's, as Windows comes up from a cold boot, I get...