Windows 10: Get a recovery disk or software on a different OS

Discus and support Get a recovery disk or software on a different OS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a HP Envy Desktop. Product Number: T4A37AA#ABA Model: 750-267c Serial number: MXX6280LMW A few months after purchase from Costco, the Windows OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by saiswa, Mar 25, 2023.

1. saiswa Win User

Get a recovery disk or software on a different OS

I have a HP Envy Desktop. Product Number: T4A37AA#ABA Model: 750-267c Serial number: MXX6280LMW A few months after purchase from Costco, the Windows OS crashed & wouldn't load. I installed Linux on it for day to day use. I now need to install the original or updated Windows on it to use a supported software. The system did not ship with a recovery disk. Can Microsoft please help me get a recovery disk so that I can restore my system to the factory settings?

:)

saiswa, Mar 25, 2023

2. What should I have as backup-a RECOVERY disk or a REPAIR disk? Are these the same or different?

Got the free upgrade to Windows 10 and I need to start making some kind of a Repair/Recovery disk.

Are these the same thing? Are they different?

Can someone list the steps needed to make this/ these disk (s)?

Thank you.

Barbara

BarbaraLarnce, Mar 25, 2023
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Mar 25, 2023
  4. Get a recovery disk or software on a different OS

Windows 10 recovery drive disks

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the Windows Backup Recovery disks on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the error message you get with the disks?
    Suggest you to insert those disks in a different PC to check if you are able to access your data.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

Get a recovery disk or software on a different OS

1. Get a recovery disk or software on a different OS - Similar Threads - recovery disk software

2. Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery: Hello,My name is Anees Arshad. I made 3 partitions on my Dell Laptop hard drive: Local DiskC:, Local Disk D: and Multimedia E:. The laptop was lagging a lot I suspected a malware problem I ended up using SupportAssist OS Recovery Assistant to reset. The laptop was back to its...
  3. Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery: Hello,My name is Anees Arshad. I made 3 partitions on my Dell Laptop hard drive: Local DiskC:, Local Disk D: and Multimedia E:. The laptop was lagging a lot I suspected a malware problem I ended up using SupportAssist OS Recovery Assistant to reset. The laptop was back to its...
  4. Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Get a recovery disk or software on a different OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get a recovery disk or software on a different OS: I have a HP Envy Desktop. Product Number: T4A37AA#ABA Model: 750-267c Serial number: MXX6280LMW A few months after purchase from Costco, the Windows OS crashed & wouldn't load. I installed Linux on it for day to day use. I now need to install the original or updated Windows...
  6. Get a recovery disk or software on a different OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Get a recovery disk or software on a different OS: I have a HP Envy Desktop. Product Number: T4A37AA#ABA Model: 750-267c Serial number: MXX6280LMW A few months after purchase from Costco, the Windows OS crashed & wouldn't load. I installed Linux on it for day to day use. I now need to install the original or updated Windows...
  7. software differences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    software differences: Admitedly, I'm cheap. But, I go to a couple of software giveaway sites to see what there is to offer. Although I'm cheap, I have been convinced to purchase a few of these freebies. But, what I find confusing is that it appears some companies provide two different versions...
  8. Help repairig windows 10 on a different disk then the running OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help repairig windows 10 on a different disk then the running OS: Basically I have cloned the OS partition to another drive intending to use that drive for OS purposes and the current for games. But there seems to have gone something wrong, the clone won't boot into windows. How do I use the windows 10 install fix option on a different...
  9. Multiple different OS on removable disks on a computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple different OS on removable disks on a computer: I have just installed Win 10 Pro 64 bits onto a removable disk which slides into a sata caddy on a new machine. I understand that in some way Microsoft knows that the OS has been used and will not allow the key to used on another machine. I don't know if this is recorded...
  10. Software to manage file sharing between different OS systems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Software to manage file sharing between different OS systems: Some years ago, maybe even a decade or so, I had an application that provided a connection between computer systems. I had a Mac laptop at the time and a Windows HTPC. It offered more options than just connecting shared folders, but made it so much easier for sharing as well...