Windows 10: Get access to VM machine on Hyper-V from login screen of Host PC

Discus and support Get access to VM machine on Hyper-V from login screen of Host PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I bought W10 pro last week. I've set up some VM's for whom i had some older Windows keys for. My question is, i want to use these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stevenBru, Mar 1, 2019.

1. stevenBru Win User

Get access to VM machine on Hyper-V from login screen of Host PC

Hello everyone,

I bought W10 pro last week. I've set up some VM's for whom i had some older Windows keys for.

My question is, i want to use these VM's as a sort of user. Because my real Local user accounts have important software that i want to keep seperate (like one is a home studio, since it will almost never use the internet after set up the risk of it getting infected or something is low) . I used W10 home before with 2 users, one pulled in something that clogged up my system and i had to wipe everything.

I'm trying to use VM's for guests/testing/ect.

Either force a local user account into a vm machine, or have acces to a VM on Hyper-v from the login screen of the host PC.

For know i've tried forcing a VM to open on login but i dont have the acces, even with the local account added in the Hyper-V Administration.

But this has limitation:

I have to close the VM and the user can still do things on the local account before closing or logging out of it.

Anyone know if this is possible and how this can be done?

Also: The Hyper-V VM i've setup is extremely slow compared to other VM platforms (oracle Vbox/ VMware). I'm talking 2-5 seconds just to open a folder.

I get this warning about not being able to use the rescources of my CPU (not behind my home pc atm so can not check).

I thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Steven

***Modified title from: Hyper-V as a safe local user***

:)

stevenBru, Mar 1, 2019
  2. ShyShi Win User

Hyper-V with OpenVPN on Host Machine

Hi All,

I'm running Windows 10 Build 10565 with Hyper-V role. My PC(Host Machine) has an assigned IP with MAC binding, and a data limit. So I use OpenVPN with IPv6 to get unlimited access to the Internet(through a VPS remotely). That's to say, I have a physical
    Network Card and a Virtual Network Card(TAP-V9 by OpenVPN) before the Hyper-V installed. When I launched a VM, I could not get access to the Internet on it(running Win7) in any configuration of virtual NIC. Besides, if I set the Virtual NIC with the physical
    network card in external mode, it would also break the OpenVPN access. So how do I config the Hyper-V Virtual NIC to get it work?

Any Advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Shy Shi

ShyShi, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Resetting a Windows 10 that hosts a VM using Hyper-V

My Windows 10 Pro that I use to host a virtual machine using Hyper-V had a windows update failure and is unable to boot. I have tried to system restore with no success and also startup repair with no success. My next step was to try to reset the PC and
    I would like to know if resetting the PC will delete my Hyper-V virtual machine?

ScottTech1, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Get access to VM machine on Hyper-V from login screen of Host PC

Andre Da Costa, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Get access to VM machine on Hyper-V from login screen of Host PC

1. Get access to VM machine on Hyper-V from login screen of Host PC - Similar Threads - access machine Hyper

2. Hyper-V Machine : VM not visible when projection to PC Screen Only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V Machine : VM not visible when projection to PC Screen Only: I'm using Hyper-V and running just fine for a while. I'm using 2 monitors for my work, and usually, I put the VM window on the 2nd monitor. Now that I'm on traveling, I didn't have my 2nd monitor, but when I connect again to that VM, it always shows on that 2nd "not exist"...
  3. Hyper-V Machine : VM not visible when projection to PC Screen Only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Machine : VM not visible when projection to PC Screen Only: I'm using Hyper-V and running just fine for a while. I'm using 2 monitors for my work, and usually, I put the VM window on the 2nd monitor. Now that I'm on traveling, I didn't have my 2nd monitor, but when I connect again to that VM, it always shows on that 2nd "not exist"...
  4. Unable to launch notepad in hyper v VM remotely from host machine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to launch notepad in hyper v VM remotely from host machine.: unable to launch notepad in hyper v VM remotely from host machine. When below command is given from host machine- " Invoke-Command -Session $s -ScriptBlock {C:\Windows\notepad.exe}, New line appers but notepad does not open in VM" i have tried opening through bat file as...
  5. HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host: Hi folks particularly @Kari (the expert on HYPER-V) !!!! I've got a test Linux VM on a laptop running with HYPER-V. I've installed XRDP on it so I was wondering would es RDP from the host to the VM enable me to get sensible resolution on the vm - Needs a bit of fiddling on...
  6. Remote access to Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Remote access to Hyper-V VM: I have a Hyper-V VM created with a Windows OS running in it. Is there a way I can connect to the VM via Remote Desktop from a computer other than the host computer? Thanks! John 130025
  7. HYPER-V can I Clone the VM to another machine

HYPER-V can I Clone the VM to another machine: Hi there I'm trying to clone a W10 VM on to another machine. This new one has INTEL hardware - I've been doing most of my testing with an AMD box - probably a lot of troubles I've had might be to do with the AMD hardware. So I've got HYPER-V all set up - but I can't get...
  8. Hyper-V VM shows host taskbar

Hyper-V VM shows host taskbar: Today, mysteriously both my Hyper-V vms are showing the taskbar of the host instead of the vm in enhanced session mode. They have always shown vm's taskbar until today. I can use the Windows key to bring up vm's task bar, but this is really annoying. Does anyone have an idea...
  9. How can Hyper-V VM access shared Host PC drive/folder?

How can Hyper-V VM access shared Host PC drive/folder?: I have just installed Hyper-V and Windows 10 on both Host & VM, and set up a wifi virtual switch so the VM can connect to the internet. Fine. But the Network icon in the Folders only shows its own desktop and "tsclient" but not the host PC. How do I get the VM to see the...
  10. Hyper V not Showing Host Machine

Hyper V not Showing Host Machine: Hyper V Manager Not showing Host Machine so i can make virtual machine screen shoot is below [img] 51539

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v login screen

2. access host drive from hyper-v vm