Windows 10: Get alert when someone accesses a share ?

Discus and support Get alert when someone accesses a share ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I work remotely and have a VPN to the office. Are there any applications that will alert me if there is any remote access to my PC ? ie: share... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TomT, Feb 4, 2019.

1. TomT Win User

Get alert when someone accesses a share ?

Hi
    I work remotely and have a VPN to the office.
    Are there any applications that will alert me if there is any remote access to my PC ? ie: share access etc ?

Thanks

:)

TomT, Feb 4, 2019
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Billy Med Win User

Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Get alert when someone accesses a share ? - Similar Threads - alert someone accesses

2. Get alert when someone accesses a share ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get alert when someone accesses a share ?: Hi I work remotely and have a VPN to the office. Are there any applications that will alert me if there is any remote access to my PC ? ie: share access etc ? Thanks 126579
  3. Shared Folders Access

Shared Folders Access: After the latest update, in File Explorer>Network I can see computers but cannot access the shared folders on one computer. Shared folders on another computer are fully accesible. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I've searched the web and tried fixes with services.msc and...
  4. Not getting alerts anymore for Windows updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not getting alerts anymore for Windows updates?: Normally after booting up my PC, Windows 10 gives me an alert in the lower right corner saying that there are new updates available. But now it's not showing any alerts anymore about any updates for like a month although there are updates available when going to Windows...
  5. Shared Folder Access

Shared Folder Access: Hi All, I had a windows 7 machine built to share a folder on my workgroup network. I slowly grew my network and begun getting an error that there was too many simultaneous connections. I was told to upgrade to server 2016 STD so i purchased it and have it installed and...
  6. Odd Defender 'Controlled Folder Access' alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Odd Defender 'Controlled Folder Access' alert: Fall Creators Update 1709 introduced a new 'Controlled Folder Access' function in Defender. This is off by default, but I have turned it on to test it. I've had to allow a couple of apps access (VLC was one) but other than that it seem unobtrusive. However, very...
  7. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area when shared folder is accessed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page Fault In Nonpaged Area when shared folder is accessed: I have just done a fresh install of Win 10 on two computers and everything, including the internet, is working perfectly. However when I use File Explorer on computer B to look at a shared folder on Computer A, Computer A crashes with a Page Fault In Nonpaged Area. This...
  8. Accessing administrative shares

Accessing administrative shares: I have a networked Windows 10 Pro computer A with built-in 'Administrator' account disabled. However, it has a "normal" administrator account named 'Admin'. I would like to access administrative share '\\A\C$' from another computer B in the network. Windows asks me for...
  9. "Access is Denied" when trying to view contents of shared folder

"Access is Denied" when trying to view contents of shared folder: So I bit the bullet and "upgraded" my laptop from Windows 7 to 10. I expected to find a few things that didn't work anymore, but not so soon as this. I keep it in sync with my desktop PC (running XP) by net-sharing its hard drive, with permission for full control granted to...
  10. Accessing default shares

Accessing default shares: I have two Windows 10 PCs on the same home network and I can't access the default shares on either one of them, I keep getting 'Access denied'. Any ideas? 13256