Windows 10: Get alert when someone accesses a share ?

Discus and support Get alert when someone accesses a share ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I work remotely and have a VPN to the office. Are there any applications that will alert me if there is any remote access to my PC ? ie: share... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomT, Feb 4, 2019.

1. TomT Win User

Get alert when someone accesses a share ?

Hi
    I work remotely and have a VPN to the office.
    Are there any applications that will alert me if there is any remote access to my PC ? ie: share access etc ?

Thanks

:)

TomT, Feb 4, 2019
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Billy Med Win User

Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Get alert when someone accesses a share ? - Similar Threads - alert someone accesses

2. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Denied access when trying to share folder: I am trying to share a folder to another user on the network. I am the admin and I'm logged in, I've gone through all the security settings for the file but when I run the Quickbooks Server it tells me that the file is not shared and that I do not have the appropriate...
  3. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denied access when trying to share folder: I am trying to share a folder to another user on the network. I am the admin and I'm logged in, I've gone through all the security settings for the file but when I run the Quickbooks Server it tells me that the file is not shared and that I do not have the appropriate...
  4. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant access shared network files when password protected sharing is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access shared network files when password protected sharing is on: Hi allIm trying to share network files on my server with different rights to different users.This requires, if i understand it correctly that password protected sharing is on.But the problem is that when i turn it on i cant access the shared folder even if i enter the correct...
  6. My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen: My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen. It only happens on this new laptop Lenovo Flex 5 Intel 3i. Not sure if it's related to windows 10 or anything. It doesn't only happens when I open up my zoom sessions on the zoom app. It is the same even when I use the...
  7. Share Access

Share Access: I have a curious, but intermittent issue. And it would be the CEO PC that is affected. The site consists of several servers 2012 and 2016 and about 15 Windows 10 Pro client machines. One of the server Windows 2016 running as a Remote Desktop Server. It's in place for an...
  8. Sharing and Access

Sharing and Access: The setup: Three computers on a local WI-FI network. Attempting to grant full access from each computer to the other two. The C drives in all three computers are shared with full permission. Network discovery is enabled and other necessary settings in "network and sharing...
  9. How to get an alert on mobile and mail if someone access my laptop with failed of login 3...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get an alert on mobile and mail if someone access my laptop with failed of login 3...: How to get an alert on mobile and mail if someone access my laptop with failed of login 3 times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-an-alert-on-mobile-and-mail-if-someone/e1f2025d-af42-40ba-9d0d-0f845f3853e6
  10. Get alert when someone accesses a share ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Get alert when someone accesses a share ?: Hi I work remotely and have a VPN to the office. Are there any applications that will alert me if there is any remote access to my PC ? ie: share access etc ? Thanks 126579