Windows 10: Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.

Discus and support Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Let's say I do: Get-appxpackage *onenote* and Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* And I find there are entries for this product. So, I run:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cDreamDancer, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.

Let's say I do:
    Get-appxpackage *onenote*
    and
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote*

And I find there are entries for this product.

So, I run:
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage

And I find that the localuser does not have the package, but allusers does.

Something wrong with the way I'm doing it?

I _am_ using a powershell with elevated privileges.

:)

cDreamDancer, Jan 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 freezes after upgrade to OS build 10586.104

I have tried:

get-appxpackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1601.19020.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe | remove-appxpackage

but it does not uninstall ... the command seems ok in the powershell but when I check the app is still installed ... any thoughts? Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks.

Chrisjo_2015, Jan 4, 2018
  3. Windows store error 0x803F7000 while downloading apps

I ran the powershell command Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    but I got following message

Get-AppXPackage : Access is denied.

Access is denied.

At line:1 char:1

+ Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopm ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working. :)) [Get-AppxPackage], UnauthorizedAccessException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.UnauthorizedAccessException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.GetApp

xPackageCommand

What does it mean?

SaimaJamal, Jan 4, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.

dalchina, Jan 4, 2018
  5. That is the page I am working off of.

Also attempted by taking ownership of the WindowApps folder (in Program Files), but that's not making a difference either. I can still use the command:
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote*
    And get back an entry on the product.

P.S. Deleted the folder, and now the info has a empty InstallLocation.

(Should of mentioned in the title that I was attempting to DELETE the apps.)

cDreamDancer, Jan 5, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    If present for all users, why would it be present in particular (exclusively) for the local user as well?

Are you saying you can't remove an app at all?

Maybe you could post a couple screenshots of running these commands and someone could comment further.
    I can't recommend you start changing permissions.

dalchina, Jan 5, 2018
  7. Exactly.

Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working. [​IMG]

As seen above, did the Get for "Microsoft.WindowsPhone"
    I then used a Remove (with verbose flag) on the app.
    This is followed up with another Get. I should not be getting anything, the app has been removed.
    Yet, there it is.

cDreamDancer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.

1. Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working. - Similar Threads - appxpackage allusers does

2. Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers parameter not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  3. Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers switch not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  4. what does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...: so my windows key started to not work lately. the only way it works is for pausing a youtube video. a website told me that i should write this command in powershell to reset the key for it to work again. i know that powershell is pretty powerfull, so im just checking to...
  5. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute: Hello Team,Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the command without -AllUsers attributes it works.CommandRemove-appxpackage...
  6. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute: Hello Team,Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the command without -AllUsers attributes it works.CommandRemove-appxpackage...
  7. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...: Hello, i just ran into the problem that i cant use the windows search bar. Everytime i click to search i cant type anything or just one letter and the black search window closes. Tried to solve it by re - indexing (i dont remember exactly how its called) and by using...
  9. Remove-AppXPackage Mail for Windows 10 -AllUsers no longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove-AppXPackage Mail for Windows 10 -AllUsers no longer works: Get-AppXpackage *windowscomm* Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers This used to work, it now doesn't. Please our dear overlord Microsoft, please impose the divine light that I may customise the enterprise environment I manage and not have my users trying to log into Mail for...
  10. PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers: Hello, I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding PowerShell commands for App management (OS build 19041.450) First: is there any difference between Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage and Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *Microsoft.XboxApp* |...