Windows 10: Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed

Discus and support Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed The database disk image is malformed At line:1 char:1 + Get-AppxPackage + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ +... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Beach Trash, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed

Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed
    The database disk image is malformed
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-AppxPackage
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed :)) [Get-AppxPackage], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Exception,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.GetAppxPackageCommand

After the latest update to Windows 10 I ended up with no start menu (StartMenuExperienceHost was crashing, probably due to a corrupt tile database) and all the options to fix it involved using Get-AppxPackage commands to reinstall the start menu and cortana packages. I couldn't do that because of the above error. Out of options, I took the only remaining available suggestion and did a full in-place reinstall/refresh. This fixed the start menu, but did not fix the Appx database. I still cannot run Appx Powershell commands and nothing connected to the Store works. Attempting to install an app from the store fails, and none of my store apps are present. How can I repair this database? I am very technical and am willing to do surgery on my user profile and system appx databases if anyone knows where those are stored.

:)

Beach Trash, Oct 31, 2019

2. How to FIX Get-AppXPackage : The database disk image is malformed

I have trying Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add

-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} in powershell. Then output is

Get-AppXPackage : The database disk image is malformed

+ Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*S ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed :)) [Get-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Exception,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.GetAppxPackageCommand

How to fix it?

CahyaChaqiqi, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Malformed PowerShell command Get-AppXPackage error

I have tried all of the suggested corrections for a start menu that is not working. The last command in the most reasonable suggestion uses as it's last two statements PowerShell and the one listed below. I have tried
    this command several times, making sure there are no typing errors and every time I get the Error message below. Is there any way to repair the database disk image which is indicated as "malformed"?

========================================================================================

S C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add

>>> -AppxPackage -DesableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Get-AppXPackage : The database disk image is malformed

+ Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*S ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo
    : NotSpecified: Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed :)) [Get-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Syste

Jo B.Taylor, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed

Error Message "The database disk image is malformed".

I also have 'Error Message "The database disk image is malformed".'.

Also when I left click doesn't work on the windows Task Bar so I can seem to access (or find) the 'System Configuration suggested on https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135.

Consequetly I can't see how I can do a 'clean boot'

Feedbacl appreciated.

bubbleburst33, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed

1. Get-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed - Similar Threads - AppxPackage database disk

2. what does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...: so my windows key started to not work lately. the only way it works is for pausing a youtube video. a website told me that i should write this command in powershell to reset the key for it to work again. i know that powershell is pretty powerfull, so im just checking to...
  3. No Start Button - Getting The database disk image is malformed error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Start Button - Getting The database disk image is malformed error: No Start Button - Getting The database disk image is malformed error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-start-button-getting-the-database-disk-image-is/f565258b-1b75-4d8f-b718-2fb23eeb41aa
  4. No Start Button - Getting The database disk image is malformed error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Start Button - Getting The database disk image is malformed error: No Start Button - Getting The database disk image is malformed error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-start-button-getting-the-database-disk-image-is/f565258b-1b75-4d8f-b718-2fb23eeb41aa
  5. No Start Button - Getting The database disk image is malformed error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. What does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...: Hello, i just ran into the problem that i cant use the windows search bar. Everytime i click to search i cant type anything or just one letter and the black search window closes. Tried to solve it by re - indexing (i dont remember exactly how its called) and by using...
  7. Powershell Get-AppxPackage DNS issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Get-AppxPackage DNS issues: Hello My cousin had some issues with Game Pass and found around internet that he could try to type below command in powershell: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml”} After doing this...
  8. Still trying to fix Malformed Database for Windows App Store - Need help with a recommended fix

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Still trying to fix Malformed Database for Windows App Store - Need help with a recommended fix: I posted in another thread a problem I am having with the Windows App Store and many Windows Store apps crashing as soon as they are opened, and when trying certain fixes getting an error that the fix didn't work because there was a Malformed Database. I didn't get any...
  9. Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. In powershell run as administrator when I try to run this command: Get-AppxPackage -allusers foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$$_.InstallLocation\ I get this error: Get-AppxPackage : The term 'Get-AppxPackage' is not recognized as the name...
  10. Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized: I am trying to uninstall all W10 built in Apps. I am using an Admin power shell with cmd, i.e. "Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage" but I get a response saying that "Get-AppxPackage" is not recognized. I have checked the forum but cannot find a problem like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the database disk image is malformed

2. get apppackage the database disk image is malformed

3. database disk image is malformed windows 10

4. cortana the disk image is malformed,
  5. get-appxpackage the database is malformed,
  6. get appxpackage database is malformed,
  7. the database disk image is malformed windows 10 Get-AppXPackage,
  8. the database disk image is malformed windows 10,
  9. the database disk image is malformed get-appx