Windows 10: Get back win10 after replacing SSD

Discus and support Get back win10 after replacing SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I just found my SSD broken in my stationary PC. Will need to replace SSD and install win8 as this came with the PC(unfortunately no backup), any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by schusterm, Feb 12, 2019.

1. schusterm Win User

Get back win10 after replacing SSD

Hi!
    I just found my SSD broken in my stationary PC. Will need to replace SSD and install win8 as this came with the PC(unfortunately no backup), any way I can get back my win10 license I recieved for free during your campaign?

Best Regards
    Mattias Schuster

:)

schusterm, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Feb 12, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Feb 12, 2019
  4. xkm1948 Win User

Migrating Win10 to NVMe SSD

I am going to migrate my Win10 to my NVMe SSD. Installation wise there should be no problem. However I cannot seem to be able to erase the old Windows 10 on the SATA SSD. If I boot from USB Win10 Installation media it only ask me whether I want to repair the SATA SSD Win10 or not. Any ideas on how to complete erase the SSD that currently have Win10 on it? I tried sanitize drive and PSID revert in Win10, neither would work. The SATA SSD is Crucial MX200.

xkm1948, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Get back win10 after replacing SSD - Similar Threads - win10 replacing SSD

2. How can I get a file back after replacing it with a document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get a file back after replacing it with a document: I saved a piece of work and replaced it with a document I didn’t want I want to be able to get the original document back. It’s on a different login but I can’t seem to login into it it was my college account which I don’t have access to anymore. Which is allowing me to use...
  3. Replacing my SSD Retail OS Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing my SSD Retail OS Win10: Hello Team, I'm planning to replace/upgrade my SSD into 1TB. So I was thinking to re-use my product key after changing and re-install my OS on new SSD. I understand that I'll need to de-activate the current OS before I re-activate with the same key on the new SSD. However,...
  4. Replacing my SSD Retail OS Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing my SSD Retail OS Win10: Hello Team, I'm planning to replace/upgrade my SSD into 1TB. So I was thinking to re-use my product key after changing and re-install my OS on new SSD. I understand that I'll need to de-activate the current OS before I re-activate with the same key on the new SSD. However,...
  5. Replacing my SSD Retail OS Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. SSD Replacement

SSD Replacement: My Refurbished Dell 790 SSD died. Everything on it is gone. Need to get Windows 10 Pro 64bit back on my Machine.. Via bootable USB...Thank you for the help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-replacement/cc449435-295b-47d3-a1ee-5f71cc550400
  7. Reinstall after SSD replaced

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstall after SSD replaced: I've looked through the forum, but I'm not giving up yet. I refuse to admit I paid so much for a coaster. Dell Inspiron 7737 32GB ram 2TD SSD just turned off Windoes repair activated 1x then nothing SSD failed - I thought that clicking noise was the fan. I reseated the...
  8. After SSD replacement, the system is not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After SSD replacement, the system is not activated: My old PC broke down and I took the SSD drive and put it into another PC which I am using now. I have a problem with the latter PC. It requires that I activate the system though it was activated before the replacement. How can I activate the system?...
  9. Replacing the SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacing the SSD: Good afternoon everyone, I have a Lenovo Ideapad (one of the smaller ones) that needs to be upgraded if I can. It has a small SSD that although runs well, its just too small. Is it possible to install an SSD that has a bit more storage? Say 250GB? 102824
  10. Installing Windows on a new SSD - then replacing back to the HDD

Installing Windows on a new SSD - then replacing back to the HDD: If I only want to test the speeds of the new SSD on a specific machine, but then return the old hard drive, will it be ok if I took out the hdd with the current Win10 installation, then install Win10 on the new SSD, test stuff etc, and then return back the hdd? Or it may...