Windows 10: Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group

Discus and support Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am an 'Organiser' of my family group. My son 12 year old account managed to leave the family group to get around Xbox and laptop time/content... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Concerned father_DW, May 21, 2023.

1. Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group

I am an 'Organiser' of my family group. My son 12 year old account managed to leave the family group to get around Xbox and laptop time/content restrictions by creating a new family group and joining that I did not receive any request for him to leave. He set up an organiser for the new family group by making a dummy adult account just for that purpose. However, he now can't rejoin our genuine family group as he can't leave the dummy group. He can't leave that as he receives a message saying the approver needs to grant permission for him to leave as he is a minor. However, he doesn't rem

:)

Concerned father_DW, May 21, 2023

2. A child leaves family group himself

Hi

I'm trying to setup family safety to protect a child from an adult content and limit time spent with PC.

I've created family group and invited child's account to the family. Then applied permissions.

Child left the family group and disabled parental control. How to prevent that?

ВалерияГоловко, May 21, 2023
  3. Can't remove child from Family group

Sure would be nice if they'd reply to this. I can't believe that there's no way to know who originally granted the consent. I'm having the exact same problem: child was added to my brother's family group two years ago. Trying to add child to my family group now. Brother can't remove child, because he's apparently not the one who originally gave consent, yet he's the only other member of the family group!!

Maxwellllll, May 21, 2023
Thema:

Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group

1. Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group - Similar Threads - child dummy family

2. child removed from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  3. child removed from family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  4. child removed from family group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group: I am an 'Organiser' of my family group. My son 12 year old account managed to leave the family group to get around Xbox and laptop time/content restrictions by creating a new family group and joining that I did not receive any request for him to leave. He set up an organiser...
  6. Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group: I am an 'Organiser' of my family group. My son 12 year old account managed to leave the family group to get around Xbox and laptop time/content restrictions by creating a new family group and joining that I did not receive any request for him to leave. He set up an organiser...
  7. A child leaves family group himself

A child leaves family group himself: HiI'm trying to setup family safety to protect a child from an adult content and limit time spent with PC. I've created family group and invited child's account to the family. Then applied permissions.Child left the family group and disabled parental control. How to prevent...
  8. A child leaves family group himself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A child leaves family group himself: HiI'm trying to setup family safety to protect a child from an adult content and limit time spent with PC. I've created family group and invited child's account to the family. Then applied permissions.Child left the family group and disabled parental control. How to prevent...
  9. A child leaves family group himself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Family Group setup for child

Family Group setup for child: Hello, I am looking to setup a child account however, it is asking for an email. My child does not have an email account and when I select the option to use my email instead, it does not let me proceed. It says that there is already an account assigned per my email. There...